10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I fear for his career. Not in terms of never playing again because he clearly loves football, but in terms of never again being able to play regular long stretches in the team and thus never reaching pre 2013 levels.

Hope I am wrong but added to that the fact his mind will never forget this and he will never want to push it.

That's my fear too. But if history is any indication, Messi should know with proper care, discipline and hard work he can be back to previous levels (or even better).

PrRan

I'm also scared of how he wil return. I really hope he isn't scared of accelerating as usual. If the fear of relapse is there messi won't be the same! His explosiveness is the best in the world.

Remember pato and his recurring injuries :(
I'm a huge fan of Leo and I really hope he comes back at the beginning of January and hits full trotthle at the end of January and keeps it all the way into the World Cup. I believe that if he stays injury free for the rest of the season we can win liga and CL while Leo finishes with 40 goals and 20 assist. Can't wait to see him back. Messi is like Michael Jordan

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Jamdav, it is true. When a muscle tears, it heals by building scar tissue to repair the damage. That's the natural healing process but the flip side is that it makes that muscle prone to re-injury. There is no such things as a complete recovery from a muscle tear

Proper treatment and rehabilitation reduces the formation of scar tissue. Furthermore, scar tissue is not permanent, and there are plenty of treatments to remove formed scar tissue, like for example, deep tissue massage. World class athletes have people that help them with the rehabilitation and maintenance of muscles, ligaments and joints.

The injury is not a problem, the injury can be healed with enough time, proper treatment and rehabilitation, and sub-sequence fitness regime.

The problems arise from recurring injuries that can be cause by genetics, a poor lifestyle, poor preparation, stress, poor fitness, lack of stretching, overwork, etc. This is what he needs to avoid, as this can cause a vicious cycle that will spiral out of control.

This is why rest, relaxation, treatment and rehabilitation is important for him now.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Proper treatment and rehabilitation reduces the formation of scar tissue. Furthermore, scar tissue is not permanent, and there are plenty of treatments to remove formed scar tissue, like for example, deep tissue massage. World class athletes have people that help them with the rehabilitation and maintenance of muscles, ligaments and joints.

The injury is not a problem, the injury can be healed with enough time, proper treatment and rehabilitation, and sub-sequence fitness regime.

The problems arise from recurring injuries that can be cause by genetics, a poor lifestyle, poor preparation, stress, poor fitness, lack of stretching, overwork, etc. This is what he needs to avoid, as this can cause a vicious cycle that will spiral out of control.

This is why rest, relaxation, treatment and rehabilitation is important for him now

This is pure gold, especially the highlighted part. :worthy:

Sumlit, have you ever considered working for Barca? If you haven't, you should. :p

Barcafan 2304

Well have to agree to disagree but I'm sorry I stand by my comment. I was told this by an excellent physio who worked with me when I tore my bicep when I used to do bodybuilding and subsequent research from that. I have trust in what I was told and I firmly believe when a muscle has been torn, it will never recover to its previous strength. Not saying Messi is finished before anyone accuses me of that but I will say I fear he could lose that initial explosiveness that set him apart from anyone else, and I even include the likes of Ronaldo in that

Ghost

We're nothing without Messi. Really not looking forward to our inevitable elimination from the CL. It will be ugly.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Well have to agree to disagree but I'm sorry I stand by my comment. I was told this by an excellent physio who worked with me when I tore my bicep when I used to do bodybuilding and subsequent research from that. I have trust in what I was told and I firmly believe when a muscle has been torn, it will never recover to its previous strength. Not saying Messi is finished before anyone accuses me of that but I will say I fear he could lose that initial explosiveness that set him apart from anyone else, and I even include the likes of Ronaldo in that

I think you were misled a little bit, or perhaps misunderstood some thing.

Every injury leaves a mark in your body, and by that premise alone, you are never the same after the fact. However muscle are a regenerating and ever changing tissue, and muscle injuries happen even when you don't even notice them. When a muscle tear is healed, the healed part is in fact stronger than the surrounding tissue. If another injury were to occur, it would most likely be in the surrounding tissue, and not the newly formed healed tissue.
The joint of the existing tissue with the newly formed healed tissue is particularly vulnerable early on though, this is where re-injuries occur.

Modern medicine and modern treatment have made muscle injuries very treatable and less problematic than in the past. He can recover 100% from this type of injury.

I really don't want to argue though, so I do too agree to disagree with you. After all, no sense in arguing when we both actually want the same outcome: A healthy Messi.

flamenco

found this, it's in Spanish and, probably, everyone can understand it

1426350_576703415731043_889413361_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans