10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

Messi to travel to Argentina on Friday for second phase of recovery

www.fcbarcelona.cat
11/28/2013 12:15

He will be joined in mid-December by Dr Ricard Pruna and physio Elvio Paulorroso, who will be overseeing the final stages of his recovery from injury

2013-11-07_ENTRENO_16.v1385637622.JPG

The first stage of his recovery now complete, Leo Messi will be flying to Argentina on Friday, as scheduled, for the second phase of the process under supervision of the Club Medical Services.

Dr Ricard Pruna and physio Elvio Paulorroso will be travelling to Argentina in mid-December to oversee the final stages of his recuperation. The latest tests on the player have shown that the recovery programme is going to plan.

NotInHere

Messi to travel to Argentina on Friday for second phase of recovery

www.fcbarcelona.cat
11/28/2013 12:15

He will be joined in mid-December by Dr Ricard Pruna and physio Elvio Paulorroso, who will be overseeing the final stages of his recovery from injury

2013-11-07_ENTRENO_16.v1385637622.JPG

The first stage of his recovery now complete, Leo Messi will be flying to Argentina on Friday, as scheduled, for the second phase of the process under supervision of the Club Medical Services.

Dr Ricard Pruna and physio Elvio Paulorroso will be travelling to Argentina in mid-December to oversee the final stages of his recuperation. The latest tests on the player have shown that the recovery programme is going to plan.
Thank god everything is going according to the plan

How long will his 2nd phase last? It says by mid-december, so should we expect him to come back by December 15-16th? I know he won't start and he'll only be given certain minutes, but hopefully we see him soon now.

Yannick03

Thank god everything is going according to the plan

How long will his 2nd phase last? It says by mid-december, so should we expect him to come back by December 15-16th? I know he won't start and he'll only be given certain minutes, but hopefully we see him soon now.

I think they targeted the first game of January. I don't know the exact date but if I'm not mistaken, it's the game against Elche.

NotInHere

I think they targeted the first game of January. I don't know the exact date but if I'm not mistaken, it's the game against Elche.
:cry: so i guess we won't see the genius soon 1 month more, but he needs to take whatever time he needs, so we could see the best of Messi for years to come

Mitchell1978

:cry: so i guess we won't see the genius soon 1 month more, but he needs to take whatever time he needs, so we could see the best of Messi for years to come

He and barca need to take their time this time around. No rushing back and when he's fit again only introduce him gradually.

Theconomist

So apparently someone is offering him 25 millions a year salary. Would be interesting to see if it turns his head a bit, all players say they are loyal to a club etc and psychologically yes after a while more money isn't that important; say going from 7 to 9 or 10 but from 15 to 25 the lifestyle jump is considerable.
I think it's all smoke but you never know.

Kerrybai

So apparently someone is offering him 25 millions a year salary. Would be interesting to see if it turns his head a bit, all players say they are loyal to a club etc and psychologically yes after a while more money isn't that important; say going from 7 to 9 or 10 but from 15 to 25 the lifestyle jump is considerable.

I imagine he has had similar offers before. I think having a son makes him even less likely to leave for a new home, especially a new country.

CatalinR10

He won't take the offer.

If some rich club from England decides to loan him for a year paying him 25 M and also 25-30 M for Barca , he should take it

:tito:

F

Flavia

The rumor I heard was he got 2 blank checks from different teams.

Dinho

Football is so boring without him. Come back soon, Leo. :(

It really is ordinary out there without him.

Boring? Ordinary?

I think Messi is a phenomenon and will go down as the best player in history by the time he retires. That could be nearly 15 years from now if he really loves the game and can reinvent himself like Giggs did as he aged. Yoga is key.

But I don't think he's the most exiting player to watch. He is the most effective and productive, but I would rather watch an Iniesta, Robben or Suárez.

Ronaldo and Messi are well oiled machines. They are more effective than players with style and substance.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Boring? Ordinary?

I think Messi is a phenomenon and will go down as the best player in history by the time he retires. That could be nearly 15 years from now if he really loves the game and can reinvent himself like Giggs did as he aged. Yoga is key.

But I don't think he's the most exiting player to watch. He is the most effective and productive, but I would rather watch an Iniesta, Robben or Suárez.

Ronaldo and Messi are well oiled machines. They are more effective than players with style and substance.
Messi is quite spectacular to watch. I'm just in love with his through balls and feint moves, they are the best. I miss his astonishing dribbles, he has an unique style.
and of course, dem lobs

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Ronaldo can definitely be classified as an efficient machine, but Messi has style and personality in his game. This past year he's been riddled with injuries and hasn't been in the same spotlight, but it's still there and hopefully he's on the verge of rediscovering it when he recovers. Hell I remember at the beginning of this season he was on fire not only in terms of goalscoring, but also dribbling and producing moments of awe and wonder.

I hope this elongated recovery period leaves him hungrier and much more motivated to play at his best. Messi is unstoppable when he has that edge in his game.

Dinho

Football is so boring without him. Come back soon, Leo. :(

Messi is quite spectacular to watch. I'm just in love with his through balls and feint moves, they are the best. I miss his astonishing dribbles, he has an unique.

Ronaldo can definitely be classified as an efficient machine, but Messi has style and personality in his game. This past year he's been riddled with injuries and hasn't been in the same spotlight, but it's still there and hopefully he's on the verge of rediscovering it when he recovers. Hell I remember at the beginning of this season he was on fire not only in terms of goalscoring, but also dribbling and producing moments of awe and wonder.

I hope this elongated recovery period leaves him hungrier and much more motivated to play at his best. Messi is unstoppable when he has that edge in his game.

He's not boring but I think his one footed dribbling style and lack of "showboating" take away from the showpiece.

Iniesta produces amazing link up play and individual moments that make me drool.

For me, Messi doesn't come close to Ronaldinho overall. He could showboat while remaining highly productive.

But Messi has the application and attitude. You need players like him, it can't always be about a nice style to watch.

Yannick03

Boring? Ordinary?

Messi is very efficient but is so much more than a well oiled machine. He's as far as I can judge the only player in history who can couple extreme genius and style with pure efficiency. It is why he's is named as the best ever. His play isn't some routine job, dribbling past 4 or 5 players consistently requires enormous problem solving capability at an high rate. Every dribble and touch is different, he has to take into account of several players, their movement, his movement, the runs of his teammates, the trajectory of the ball and more. A genius is my book is someone who can solve the most difficult problems, not someone who has the best memory. That is easily learned. For me, that makes him a genius and a genius always has style and substance, he will never be boring to watch and we'll never see anyone like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans