10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

Boring? Ordinary?

I think Messi is a phenomenon and will go down as the best player in history by the time he retires. That could be nearly 15 years from now if he really loves the game and can reinvent himself like Giggs did as he aged. Yoga is key.

But I don't think he's the most exiting player to watch. He is the most effective and productive, but I would rather watch an Iniesta, Robben or Suárez.

Ronaldo and Messi are well oiled machines. They are more effective than players with style and substance.

I've seen enough of your posts to know how to take them in. Otherwise I'd be mesmerized by the fact that you put Ronaldo and Messi into the same machine-type-player category.

Ghost

Messi isn't boring in any way, shape or form. And it's laughable that you're lumping him with Ronaldo, and Suarez with Robben/Iniesta.

In what universe is Suarez more exciting to watch than Messi? :lol:

NotInHere

I've seen enough of your posts to know how to take them in. Otherwise I'd be mesmerized by the fact that you put Ronaldo and Messi into the same machine-type-player category.
Exactly, this guy said Messi doesn't have style:messi: your whole opinion went out through the window when you said, that and you putting Ronaldo's name alongside Messi when taking into account showboating and style..

What games has Dihno been watching?

Last edited:

Ghost

Man U's Ronaldo wasn't boring at all. He might be now (slightly), but he still shows some skills/scores spectacular every now and then.

NotInHere

Man U's Ronaldo wasn't boring at all. He might be now (slightly), but he still shows some skills/scores spectacular every now and then.
Yeah but every now and then is an understatement, more like rarely.

Ronaldo is an excellent goal scorer, but that's as far as it goes, he has more flash than your typical 9's, he has scored amazing goals

but when you watch the two, its clear its Messi who has the most impact in the team, he could be a goal scorer, assist etcc. Not really a comparison.

NotInHere

Plus the fact that Ronaldo usually struggles to beat a defender 1 vs 1 if he doesn't have enough space to accelerate, because when he has space, he can get past them with ease.

Messi can pretty much beat them the majority of the time when the defenders give him space or even when they don't

This has probably been said a millions times, but I'll gladly join the 1,000,000 club:lol:

Last edited:

Dinho

Exactly, this guy said Messi doesn't have style:messi: your whole opinion went out through the window when you said, that and you putting Ronaldo's name alongside Messi when taking into account showboating and style..

What games has Dihno been watching?

I said they're both not one for showboating.

Dinho

Messi isn't boring in any way, shape or form. And it's laughable that you're lumping him with Ronaldo, and Suarez with Robben/Iniesta.

In what universe is Suarez more exciting to watch than Messi? :lol:

The Racist is the best in the world at dribbling inside the opposition's box. Unbelievable feet.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Nobody except Liverpool fans wants him. Probably the most volatile character in modern football.

I have seen him turn 3-4 Manchester United and Manchester City defenders inside out in one swift move.
Because he always uses the same moves against many players: goes straight to them and they don't expect that...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Going to Argentina for a month is a great move for Messi. He'll be able to disconnect and focus on his recovery and hopefully return fit and with his batteries charged for the 2nd part of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans