10 - Lionel Messi - v2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valdivia

A player like Messi is judged more than on scoring alone. He's not Mario Gomez. He's vital to our tiki-taka and build up play. And it's clear that his passing game is off which is disrupting other players and the team.

This. A lot of our build up plays go through him, so you can see how it affects us on a whole.

barcanuck

h1RwO.St.84.jpg

Should of had his second here.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

A player like Messi is judged more than on scoring alone. He's not Mario Gomez. He's vital to our tiki-taka and build up play. And it's clear that his passing game is off which is disrupting other players and the team.

His passing has been great.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
That's a great piece! However, in the end, I don't think any of these positional alterations harms Messi's goalscoring ability as long as he remains the focal point of the attack. His dip in form around this time has caused people to believe that him dropping back too deep is a bad thing. Once he hits beast mode, there will be no more doubt.

Tbh, I think the only real reason Messi is scoring less goals is more because of his recent dip in form than anything else. He should be back on form soon enough.

Last edited:
N

Noldorin

That's a great piece! However, in the end, I don't think any of these positional alterations harms Messi's goalscoring ability as long as he remains the focal point of the attack. His dip in form around this time has caused people to believe that him dropping back too deep is a bad thing. Once he hits beast mode, there will be no more doubt.

Dropping back deep is part of what makes him great. He can act as the playmaker for his own and others' goals. The defence don't know where to track him. Saying this, he needs to be on top form for this to work as we expect it, as do the rest of the team (midfield at wing in particular). Give it time, and we'll see him back at his best, as you say. :)

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

Tbh, I think the only real reason Messi is scoring less goals is more because of his recent dip in form than anything else. He should be back on form soon enough.

Less goals? What do you consider "less goals?
Messi´s game is much more than scoring goals. He´s a great assister. He´s the engine of the machine.

Haywire

Less goals? What do you consider "less goals?
Messi´s game is much more than scoring goals. He´s a great assister. He´s the engine of the machine.

Mate, I think he just trying to say that Messi's goals are less than before. And yes Messi role is not only on giving goals he can switch role in no time.

Y

Youngie

"Messi's goals are less"? What is this all about? Messi has been scoring every La Liga game for the past 15 or so games...

AURELIUS

Damn no goals tonight! Still though he has 12 goals in his last 10 national games so hopefully we see him hit the net again in March. I didn't see the game so can any say how he played? Also how we're Argentina overall?

He played extremely well.

That said Sweden tried to play rather than defend..... Hamren will regret that. Messi found enormous amounts of space in between their defence and midfield. His passing was excellent and he had one clear goal ruled out when it was over the line by the time Isaksson hooked it out.

Argentina particularly in the first half were magnificent. That was some of the best football I have seen at international level and from Argentina for a few years.

One touch passing at speed in combinations and not just countering at speed but playing keepball. Gago and Masche controlled the width from deep. Argentina were in such control that Zabaleta was playing as a right winger while di Maria was rampaging down the left. He was subbed though at half time for Montillo who is an attacking playmaker so that side lost width.

Aguero should have had a hat trick fluffing one chance created by Messi and another by Gago. His form has been off affected by off pitch marital problems. Higuain too looked a bit rusty.

Defensively Romero was poor at commanding his box. Caballero of Malaga needs to be called up ASAP. He affected Fernandez and Garay who are normally good in the air. This time round any Swedish ball into the box caused panic as no one wanted to attack the ball.

Sweden are very fortunate to have a 2-3 scoreline. In reality a fairer result would have been 1-7 to Argentina.

Sabella was watching Sampdora versus Roma last night and should be calling up Lamela and Icardi for the next match.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans