10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Any football pundit who knows anything about football will tell you tha barcas best midfield is currently busquets-rakitic-Iniesta. It doesn't matter what people post on here, that will not change unless someone shoots Iniesta in the knee.

Iniesta this season
18 games
4 goals
7 assists

David silva for comparison
20 games
6 goals
2 assists

Are you going to tell me silva is shit too?

Gotze
23 games
11 goals
2 assists

Considering he plays in a much better team with a better manager, his stats aren't that much better.

Isco
Games 23
Goals 3
Assists 5
Guess he's shit too, not good enough for barca.

Now imagine if he was actually in form.

BarcaBarcaBarca

Lets get real here guys, have we seen a term of consistently good performances since the Tata days? No. Puyol gone, Valdes gone, Xavi going, Iniesta getting older - are our replacements any better? Mathieu - in his 30s, smoker, never a top player - No. Rakitic - replacement for xavi - xavi starts over him in first clasico. Then we bring in guys such as Douglas who in no disrespect to him, does not deserve to be in a team staring messi.

What happened to the La Masia policy, the ambition to field an all academy graduating team, which only Tata achieved. Do you honestly think Messi is happy just now? His goals are keeping this team going, he isn't getting the assistance he was once getting before, he is being played out of position to accommodate for suarez - who really can't flop or the board will look like total mugs.

This club has gone from the highest days of Pep, to some of the lowest ever. We have no leader, no plan B, no youth (WHICH WE ARE KNOWN FOR!!) we have Bartra who has been consistently excellent this season, he can't even get on the bench each week! Messi hasn't won a ballon d'or for a few seasons, won't win it this year either. Why? He has lost the backbone he had behind him when pep was in charge, and tito. He is a phenomenal player, but we aren't getting the best out of him when we are buying players like song or Douglas to assist for him. Douglas over alves, Douglas over Montoya. It's a mess. I love barca, the philosophy, the way of living, but we have lost our identity because of the board.

Would I be surprised to see messi leave? It is not going to happen due to transfer ban, but Absolutely not, I wouldn't be surprised- especially to chelsea, who have bought wise, instead of relying on players past their best or ageing (lampard, mata, Cole) Enrique is a good manager, let's not forget that. He is brave, blunt and not afraid to have things his way, but is he what we really need just now? We need a rebuilding, a new influence on the squad, especially with the ban this year. This is not the time to go resting £250 million worth of talent on the bench, this is the time to fight for our dignity, our rightful place at the top of the league, and not stand down to the board.

Puyol has gone, he has made it clear he does not want to work for this board. Why? I believe, as he said, he would like to return when Lapota returns. But now, our main target is to get Leo happy. To play him where he wants to play, to let him play if he wants to play. Yes every player is equal, but do they need to be treated equally? No. Not when we have the best player in the world on our side.

SeloBarca

The comparison with Moudrid doesn't sit well with me. That was a team that won the league with 100 points only a couple months prior to their catastropic start to 12/13 where they gave up on the league by December. They did terribly in 12/13, indeed, however that had more to do with Mourinho being Mourinho and clashing with the dressing room for no reason rather than genuine quality problems in the squad. In essence it was a 100 point team that Ancelotti took over and he's added Isco, Bale and Carvajal to it in his first season while only letting go of 60 minute Mesut. Benzema not dependable? He scored 21 goals in 26 starts in 11/12 with 7 assists to boot, a player like that doesn't become "not dependable" the very next season in his mid twenties. Madrid also beat Barca both in La Liga and the CdR even in that failure of a 12/13 season and almost managed the comeback against Dortmund to reach the CL final, their failure over 2 legs was 3-4, not 0-7. If not for those legendary Higuain misses they would have done it. In the CdR Courtois was pulling some heavy shit, I think Real hit the woodwork 3 times.

There are no parallels to be drawn to Barca for me. Barca lost 0-4 and 0-3 to Bayern, 1-3 to Madrid and the same midfield got wrecked by Scolari's Brazil in the Confeds, all in 2013, strongly indicating that an overhaul was already necessary prior to 2013. Yet in 2015 it's still the exact same core. It's either Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta or Busquets-Rakitic-Iniesta (which is even worse than Busquets-Xavi-Iniesta of 2013). And the worst Alves of all time. It's only a dream that another coach will play "more fluid" football with this squad. It's simply not good enough and doesn't have potential.

Part of me actually wants to see Lucho sacked immediately, I said it a couple weeks ago. Just to see people turning on the new coach yet again if Xavi and Iniesta won't start feeding throughball after throughball to the forward line, which they won't. Any changes that don't include midfielders like Verratti and Gündogan replacing Xavi and Iniesta are useless changes.

If i would compare Barca to a RM era playerwise, its the one when the galactico collapsed. RM 12/13 was way better then what we are now, and was easier to improve. Tbh, even though we have won the league, RM has been better then us for more then 2 years.

Messi_Goal

I'm a guy who speaks my mind and doesn't bs people..... This is my opinion.

I would sell Messi, The greatest ever player to play the game of football.....

He has become far to big and has a negative influence on the team that is holding other players back, No other player has the bottle to stand up to him at least in aspect of doing there own thing on the pitch.. Far too many times players defer to him when its so obviously a stupid thing to do but if they don't they will get a backlash of him and if you constantly do it then your history.
Since Suarez has come in it is glaringly obvious that he is restricted in what he can do on the pitch because of Messi. For starters Suarez when at hes best, Hes in that number 9 role roaming about doing what he does best terrorizing defenses but when with Messi he looks Awkward,Timid, Uneasy and reluctantly reliant on Messi, Even Suarez defers to Messi when he shouldn't and that is a clear indication that its gone beyond acceptable.. Suarez should not feel as though he needs to satisfy any other players needs but the truth is in the viewing and its apparent to me Messi has far, far to much influence on the pitch.....

I would sell Messi for 250M and reinvest the money on about 4/5 world class players and before that we still have the futures best player in the world Neymar and the world class Suarez...And they wont be held back by ego.

The club needs a shake up from top to bottom.....The people at the top need replenished..... And on the pith needs a shake up, Tika-taka still has a role to play and is useful but its not a style that's going to win major trophy's nowadays.... Its been found out.

Messi has been my favorite player ever to watch but I'm not a sentimental person......I think its time for him to move on.

I know just about everyone on here will disagree but that's my opinion and please appreciate it like I appreciate yours..

Thank you.

ivan_barca

I'm a guy who speaks my mind and doesn't bs people..... This is my opinion.

I would sell Messi, The greatest ever player to play the game of football.....

He has become far to big and has a negative influence on the team that is holding other players back, No other player has the bottle to stand up to him at least in aspect of doing there own thing on the pitch.. Far too many times players defer to him when its so obviously a stupid thing to do but if they don't they will get a backlash of him and if you constantly do it then your history.
Since Suarez has come in it is glaringly obvious that he is restricted in what he can do on the pitch because of Messi. For starters Suarez when at hes best, Hes in that number 9 role roaming about doing what he does best terrorizing defenses but when with Messi he looks Awkward,Timid, Uneasy and reluctantly reliant on Messi, Even Suarez defers to Messi when he shouldn't and that is a clear indication that its gone beyond acceptable.. Suarez should not feel as though he needs to satisfy any other players needs but the truth is in the viewing and its apparent to me Messi has far, far to much influence on the pitch.....

I would sell Messi for 250M and reinvest the money on about 4/5 world class players and before that we still have the futures best player in the world Neymar and the world class Suarez...And they wont be held back by ego.

The club needs a shake up from top to bottom.....The people at the top need replenished..... And on the pith needs a shake up, Tika-taka still has a role to play and is useful but its not a style that's going to win major trophy's nowadays.... Its been found out.

Messi has been my favorite player ever to watch but I'm not a sentimental person......I think its time for him to move on.

I know just about everyone on here will disagree but that's my opinion and please appreciate it like I appreciate yours..

Thank you.

I think exactly the same about Messi.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
I would sell Messi for 250M and reinvest the money on about 4/5 world class players

Thank you.

This couldn't happen until 2016, and judging by our recent signings we'd waste most of it anyway.
I doubt selling Messi would help Suarez or Neymar at all, by the way.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
The media really are bored, aren't they? Leo won't leave, board members and managers would probably be sacked before the sale of Leo.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I don't get why people think that we'd need to sell Messi to reinvest in a few quality players. It's not like FC Barcelona are broke or anything and that they need to sell their star player, the face of the team, the best player in the world(that just sounds retarded itself, to sell the GOAT? Who does that?) to make some money to strenghten the squad.

Because yeah, it makes so fucking sense to sell the best player in the world, the player who is a big reason for why we're not getting humiliated left, right and center, but yeah, just fucking sell him because we need some quality players we can get anyway with a board whose not incompetent or corrupt to the core. Sell him because we are fucking broke and got no fucking money to buy no fucking star players because we're some minnow club who makes shit all.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Letting Messi go would be utterly stupid and suicidal. He can't be replaced at this time, period. Why remove the only thing that keeps us going?

S7_MUFC

The media really are bored, aren't they? Leo won't leave, board members and managers would probably be sacked before the sale of Leo.
Do you think Chelsea can afford him if he somehow becomes available? My Understanding is Chelsea are in the position to meet Financial Fair Play regulation due to reducing spending on wages and transfers unlike Manchester City who are simply inflating their revenues artificially.....

doublehh03

Messi is staying people. Nobody can afford him, and Barca is not going to sell its best player of all time.

Lucho on the other hand needs to go like 2 weeks ago. Hopefully that 2 game ultimatum is true. Maybe he will stick with the same lineups these next 2 weeks.

And to all these rumors that Messi skipped the training. He wasn't the only one LOL. Matthieu I think was out too, and another player. But of course, the media tries to make Messi into some type of dictator controlling everything.

doublehh03

Do you think Chelsea can afford him if he somehow becomes available? My Understanding is Chelsea are in the position to meet Financial Fair Play regulation due to reducing spending on wages and transfers unlike Manchester City who are simply inflating their revenues artificially.....

It doesn't matter if they can afford him. Barca selling its best and most decorated player of all time would be isolating a lot of its fan base, which is already pissed at them to begin with.

He's staying. The problem is with the board and coach, and they need to resolve those issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans