10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bismp

Rayo Vallecano play with heart and dedication because they are part time bus drivers. Barca players are millionaires who've won it all multiple times and have better things to do like opening wine companies, promoting their online games and ruling social media. They will not run like Rayo players do. Multiple managers have tried to bring the pressing back to Barca and it never lasted. It's in Pep's book, players became lazy to give their all in random La Liga games and only cared about the big ones, this dates back to 2011, we're in 2015 now with pretty much the same core players. Why would a random Paco Jemez succeed? Because he plays tippy-tappy football with a random relegation team? Yeah, so did Tata, the Bielsista who was supposed to run the team to the ground with his intense coaching style. It ended up in great BBQ sessions.
Great post!It is funny,but you are actually telling the bitter truth.
So,no kidding here,what do you propose?Stay with Lucho?Hire a new manager and wait for him to become another Tata/Lucho?Or just wait many years until a new breed of talented players arrive,with(a new)Pep and a decent board?

Lomar1o

Rayo Vallecano play with heart and dedication because they are part time bus drivers. Barca players are millionaires who've won it all multiple times and have better things to do like opening wine companies, promoting their online games and ruling social media. They will not run like Rayo players do. Multiple managers have tried to bring the pressing back to Barca and it never lasted. It's in Pep's book, players became lazy to give their all in random La Liga games and only cared about the big ones, this dates back to 2011, we're in 2015 now with pretty much the same core players. Why would a random Paco Jemez succeed? Because he plays tippy-tappy football with a random relegation team? Yeah, so did Tata, the Bielsista who was supposed to run the team to the ground with his intense coaching style. It ended up in great BBQ sessions.

i didn't mention paco jemez and to me he'd be same as lucho. anyone apart from klopp or mou (which is not happening) would be another lucho in my opinion.

are real madrid players bus drivers? were barca players bus drivers? heynckes' bayern bus drivers?

we have players who ARE willing to give their all, despite being millionaires. BARTRA WILL RUN even MORE than rayo players, rakitic and rafinha will run even more than rayo players, pedro, sandro ramirez, mascherano, busquets WILL run more than rayo players. guess who'll get revived and enthusiastic about running more? players like alba, pique, iniesta. the only players who will prolly not give their all in every game are messi suarez and neymar, but even they will offer more than they are offering now when they will be surrounded by a bunch of hungry dedicated mofos who play their guts out. of course it's not enough to be challenging on all three fronts but it's the maximum we can have with this team. to maintain the spirit. that's why i've been asking for changes for YEARS. but busi, masch, bartra, rafinha, rakitic, adriano, pedro, sandro are far from being FED UP. and i believe the hunger can be brought back to alba, ini, pique, even to alves more or less. you know what else messi is fed up with? losing.

Chainsaw

Killahead
Geezus, I took a nap and come here with extra +10 pages to read. Half of it wasted by JamDav being his usual dramaqueen.

Cule4life

The Culest
Ah the meldowns are coming in thick and fast. Let me catch up...

Popcorn-10-George-Costanza.gif

Neymessi

First he is linked to chelsea, then his gf is photographed in london with cesc and his missus, then the rumours grow stronger, then a xmas fifa advert featuring him playing against chelsea at Stamford bridge, now he follows chelsea on instagram.Could it really be happening.

Ursegor

World Champion
Great post!It is funny,but you are actually telling the bitter truth.
So,no kidding here,what do you propose?Stay with Lucho?Hire a new manager and wait for him to become another Tata/Lucho?Or just wait many years until a new breed of talented players arrive,with(a new)Pep and a decent board?

I propose to keep on fighting for all titles. Despite all the shitstorm Barca is only 1 - 4 (depending on their next game) points behind a Madrid team that has won 12 La Liga games in a row and is simply better than Barca in every department (defense, midfield, coaching, buying referees). With a bit of luck Barca might win something or not. Most likely not but it is what it is: they are better, but you never know. In 2016 once the transfer ban is over and a new board is elected Barca needs to find 2 world class central midfielders, competent fullbacks (left and right) and a solid defender to partner Pique. If Bartra and Samper develop how people expect them to develop that will help. If Lucho doesn't win anything of note until summer 2016 he can be replaced. However appointing a new random coach in the middle of the season with a transfer ban and the same old squad will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation.

TL;DR: Just accept mediocrity until summer 2016.

Cruijffista

SOY ANTIMADRIDISTA
Allowing Lucho to stay on is basically capitulating the league and throwing in the white towel for the season. There is no hope if Lucho stays on.

zanela

I propose to keep on fighting for all titles. Despite all the shitstorm Barca is only 1 - 4 (depending on their next game) points behind a Madrid team that has won 12 La Liga games in a row and is simply better than Barca in every department (defense, midfield, coaching, buying referees). With a bit of luck Barca might win something or not. Most likely not but it is what it is: they are better, but you never know. In 2016 once the transfer ban is over and a new board is elected Barca needs to find 2 world class central midfielders, competent fullbacks (left and right) and a solid defender to partner Pique. If Bartra and Samper develop how people expect them to develop that will help. If Lucho doesn't win anything of note until summer 2016 he can be replaced. However appointing a new random coach in the middle of the season with a transfer ban and the same old squad will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation.

I was hoping you'd say 2 WC CBs, allowing Piqué to join Shakira on her world tours. You're not worthy of your tag I say.

Lomar1o

more like accept mediocrity until summer 2017 because we won't suddenly become a good team with a good manager + good players if lucho is left in charge until 2016 summer. we will only start being mediocre in 2016 summer, and god knows how long it will last, but until then we'll be even worse than mediocre. this you are content with. this we are not content with. with the current management there is a chance that some of our future key players will develop a 'ah f*ck it' attitude and lose interest like xavi and iniesta already have. and not even bringing the proper players will fix things. if only we could hire klopp, which of course you prolly think is a bad idea.

Chainsaw

Killahead
I disagree with Ursegor that changing coaches "will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation". Nobody knows this and there are some better coaches than the freaking Lucho to consider right now. We don't need a Pep Guardiola to turn the situation upside down. Just a coach who is not as confused and stubborn as Lucho and he can make this team play much better than this. The squad is not as bad as Ursegor make it out to be.

Ghost

paco jemez has no tactics except playing suicidal attacking football in the zeman mould with uncoordinated pressing where everyone is chasing the ball. Pique could have gotten a hattrick of assists with simple over the top balls against rayo this season. Rayo conceded 80 goals last season. When you have no budget and your players are bums, part time santa clauses and garbagemen it's cool and dandy and the hipster will love you for playing that way. That doesn't make him a suitable barca coach. Nevermind that messi will sack him after 2 training sessions once he's told to press better.
lmfao. +1

Lomar1o

I disagree with Ursegor that changing coaches "will do absolutely nothing to improve the situation". Nobody knows this and there are some better coaches than the freaking Lucho to consider right now. We don't need a Pep Guardiola to turn the situation upside down. Just a coach who is not as confused and stubborn as Lucho and he can make this team play much better than this. The squad is not as bad as Ursegor make it out to be.
his logic is flawed, but from what i gather he is like an authoritative figure on this board somehow and most of the people buy into the stuff he says.

back to messi's topic tho'. can't wait to see him in the next game. in the stands of course :lucho:

Ursegor

World Champion
i didn't mention paco jemez and to me he'd be same as lucho.

In that case we agree.

are real madrid players bus drivers?

Madrid have a new, young, fresh and hungry team. Players like James, Kroos and Isco haven't won 5 European Cups and half a dozen La Liga titles like Iniesta and Xavi and they are all 25 or younger. Only Rakitic and Rafinha are compareable to them in terms of motivation but frankly they aren't on the same talent level. Isco was the U21 Ballon d'Or winner in 2012, James was the inofficial MVP and top scorer of the World Cup and Kroos is a starter for the best national team in the world. Oh yeah, they've got Modric as well who is pretty good. Rafinha and Rakitic aren't on the same level. 22 year old Carvajal vs. Alves? No debate there. Ronaldo is obsessed with goals, Messi walks around the pitch as if he's auditioning for a new episode of The Walking Dead:

Pepe and Ramos are 2 strong, tall, bullish, fast, experienced defenders. Barca's best defender is apparently ... Marc Bartra. Much love for his determination but he's not a top class defender that anyone outside of Barca would rate.

So to answer your question. They aren't bus drivers. They are simply better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans