10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

I've come to the point, where I'm praying that Messi joins Chelsea. I'm tired of people putting the blame on Messi for all the shit that's happing right now within the club. If there is one person who deserves our full support it's Messi.

I dont think one single person has put the full blame on Messi for any of this.

MessiNeymar

I've come to the point, where I'm praying that Messi joins Chelsea. I'm tired of people putting the blame on Messi for all the shit that's happing right now within the club. If there is one person who deserves our full support it's Messi.

nobody with an iq over 2 blames Messi for anything

Mitchell1978

Look at the stats there is no doubt it is harder for the other attacking players with Messi in the team. It is not coincidence that Suarez, Neymar, Villa, Ibrahimovich all look/looked frustrated and fairly average compared to their form at other clubs.

Most of that is not Messi fault though as the coachs have built a system to purely suit him and the other players are in awe of him and defer to him far too often.

Messi is the best passer of a final ball I have ever seen and has the best assist stats in europe but nevertheless it is hard for other forwards to play in the same team as him.

For me two options -

1. Messi stays and style changes to suit other players. Messi is part of the system not the whole system. He improves his off the ball movement and pressing.

2. Messi is sold.

Hope to fuck it is the first option but for me I just cant see how the current system based so heavily on Messi can ever work.

You built your team around its best player, Wenger said it recently that a team almost naturally goes through its strongest point. At barça thats Messi just like at RM its CR7.

Besides your agenda has always been clear to anybody its basically pointless discussing with you.

Mitchell1978

I dont think one single person has put the full blame on Messi for any of this.

Why would he even deserve part of the blame? its the opposite actually, he wants to win and if he feels that its impossible under Enrique (like most of us) then i'm glad he's making his discontent clear.

JamDav1982

You built your team around its best player, Wenger said it recently that a team almost naturally goes through its strongest point. At barça thats Messi just like at RM its CR7.

Besides your agenda has always been clear to anybody its basically pointless discussing with you.

Of course you build your team around your best player but there comes to a point where you defer to them far too much and thats clearly happening at Barca.

I cannot think of one attacking player that would come in and thrive in this system. Its almost impossible and you need more than one threat to be top class. Teams know now how Messi wants to play.

Agenda? Get a grip.

Mitchell1978

Of course you build your team around your best player but there comes to a point where you defer to them far too much and thats clearly happening at Barca.

I cannot think of one attacking player that would come in and thrive in this system. Its almost impossible and you need more than one threat to be top class. Teams know now how Messi wants to play.

Agenda? Get a grip.

nobody is thriving at barça right now

JamDav1982

nobody is thriving at barça right now

Exaclty and not one attacking player other than Messi has for 4 years now.

Players that have arguably been amongst the best 2/3 attackers in the world before/after they signed.

That is the fault of the coaches and the players not Messi. The only thing I would like to see Messi do is move more off the ball and press more.

F

Flavia

Agenda? Get a grip.

There isn't a system, jamdav. Except for the rotations, ofc. Barça never scored so few. But before Suarez ban ended, Messi and Neymar were developing what could be a great partnership. A betetr coach would be utilizing them better.

BarcaBarcaBarca

Am I missing something here....Why are people wanting messi to leave us? He is the best player we will EVER have. Without him we are a poor team, just like the first half of sociedad..

Messi will stay. I bet xavi, iniest, puyol and laporta have all been speaking to him telling him to stay. Push for summer elections, laporta in, xavi manager, we are laughing! Leo is just childish, it's part of his personality. It's who he is, and we've got to remember that, although this is really concerning and I can't believe it has escalated this quickly, so so,etching must be going on. But I'm sure he will stay!

JamDav1982

There isn't a system, jamdav. Except for the rotations, ofc. Barça never scored so few. But before Suarez ban ended, Messi and Neymar were developing what could be a great partnership. A betetr coach would be utilizing them better.

I agree this season there is no system but there is clearly the same problem of everyone deferring to Messi.

One of the best books to read on one player being deferred to so much is 'The Jordan Rules'. Granted it is a different sport but a lot of it is relevant and shows teams need to have much more options to ever succeed at top level.

Again, I dont blame Messi for that but the other players are in awe of him. All I want from him is to press and move a bit more and to be doing that in a system not every player looks for him every time as has happened for the past 3/4 seasons and killing other attacking players.

serghei

He's been trained by average or bad managers in the last 3 years. He needs to be motivated and he can't do it on his own like Ronaldo can, because he doesn't care as much about individual awards and records.

bismp

We don't know what exactly is going on. For all we know, Messi might be voicing the whole squad discontent, not only his. Many players have reason to complain about enrique's bad management. So better wait, before passing judgement that he is "childish", "not a true leader" and such claims. If he wasn't a true culé, he'd be long gone. No reason to put up with the amount of :shit: he still does.
Enrique is a terrible manager and our board is full of shit,but i don't agree with Messi here.He should be angry with Lucho,but also he should try to motivate his teammates and above all himself.because we now have taken for granted that our best player will be walking and not pressing almost at all.Also,the instagram stuff timing was horrible,so either he is too smart and tries to pressure the board,or he is too naive or he just messes with us,like last year.He wasn't the top earner and he wanted a new contract immediately.Anyway,he is responsible for these exit rumours the last years.I appreciate he decided to stay,but once he stays i want him 100% commited and not spreading rumours every other month.
In conclusion,i am still not confindent that this is a masterplan to overthrow Lucho and the board.But,i will still support him nonetheless.

F

Flavia

I agree this season there is no system but there is clearly the same problem of everyone deferring to Messi.

One of the best books to read on one player being deferred to so much is 'The Jordan Rules'. Granted it is a different sport but a lot of it is relevant and shows teams need to have much more options to ever succeed at top level.

Again, I dont blame Messi for that but the other players are in awe of him. All I want from him is to press and move a bit more and to be doing that in a system not every player looks for him every time as has happened for the past 3/4 seasons and killing other attacking players.

Neymar is a huge fanboy of Messi, but he isn't deferring to Messi all the time, anymore. At one point he had more goals than Messi. Had their partnership continued, these problems would've diminished by now. They were enjoying each other, and it all ended the minute Suarez started playing. Not Luis fault, obviously, but Enrique's. It also comes down to the coach to incentive his players to shoot more. Rakitic used to do it more at Sevilla, now he holds back. Because fruitless possession it's what's important.

Former Barcelona star Hristo Stoichkov:

The Bulgarian claims the club are "in chaos" and says they must do everything in their power to make the Argentina forward feel happy at Camp Nou

Former Barcelona star Hristo Stoichkov has criticised the club for their treatment of Lionel Messi and warned the Argentina international could leave if he is not "protected and pampered".

The 27-year-old has endured a frosty relationship with the club's board in recent months and was kept out of the starting line-up for the defeat to Real Sociedad on Sunday by coach Luis Enrique after being granted an extended Christmas break.

Stoichkov believes the club must do their utmost to make the player feel at home again at Camp Nou in order to keep him until the end of his career.

"The problems Messi has encountered all came from within the club. There's been talks about fines, contract talks, advertising issues..." Stoichkov told Onda Cero.

"You have to protect and pamper the best player in the world. Messi should finish his career at Barcelona and nowhere else. The club should look after him and pamper him.

"Tell me the name of one foreign player who did not leave the club through the back door in the end..."

Barcelona fired sporting director Andoni Zubizarreta on Monday after he criticised president Josep Maria Bartomeu in the wake of their transfer ban being upheld with Carles Puyol, next in line behind Zubizarreta, quitting shortly after.

And Stoichkov, who feels the Catalans are "in chaos", is concerned that the identity and philosophy of the club are under real threat.

"I think Barcelona are in chaos at the moment. Everything's been turned upside down," he added.

"They could return to the days of Louis van Gaal, where they won the title, but only 13,000 people came to the stadium. Barcelona are going down that road again.

"Barcelona are following the same path they followed under [Joan] Gaspart. They spent millions and millions on players who are worthless and not even 20,000 fans showed up. This could very well happen again.

Neimax

If Messi really joins Chelsea, I would be very disappointed with him. I know he's done a lot for this club, and I will forever be greatful to him, but if he really joins a team that is managed by Mourinho, he'd loose a lot of credit in my opinion. Maybe it's really time for him for new challenges, but to play under orders of a man, who tried to harm and destroy Barcelona and Messi with every weapon he had, would make me really sad and would cast a little shadow over Messi's great times i think.
But nontheless, I try to be optimistic and hope, that the only thing Leo wants to force with his recent actions is to put pressure on the board and on Luis Enrique, so that they have to leave instead of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans