10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

klc123

Chelsea and Man City cannot afford Messi due to FFP rules. They haven't got the revenue to afford his buyout clause. Unless they also sold half their top players to different clubs, it cannot happen. The only way it could happen is if they made a swap with a few chelsea players plus a sum of money going to Barcelona, and that's not possible because we are banned from signing any players.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Not that i want Messi to go to Chelsea but Messi is much better, Hazard is great, very talented but messi is on another level compared to him.
He is better, definitely, but he'd likely come at the cost of our other best player who is younger by 4 years and improving and is a central part of our team. Granted, while I do believe Hazard will leave by 3 or 4 years time, I'd rather keep him as he's already been here for several years, and he's not costing anything more than his wages. Messi is just unnecessary. I'd only accept us getting Messi if it's not at the cost of Hazard. The two of them together, holy shit.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
He is better, definitely, but he'd likely come at the cost of our other best player who is younger by 4 years and improving and is a central part of our team. Granted, while I do believe Hazard will leave by 3 or 4 years time, I'd rather keep him as he's already been here for several years, and he's not costing anything more than his wages. Messi is just unnecessary. I'd only accept us getting Messi if it's not at the cost of Hazard. The two of them together, holy shit.

Hazard and Messi is a poor mans Messi and Neymar :coffee:

Leo_Messi

Excuse me but I have been extremely busy for the past 2-3 days and I don't bother reading all those many pages in this thread or reading the hysteria found in the local Catalan and Spanish media. Let alone the crap that Twitter is full of.

A summary please. Other than Messi and Lucho apparently having a strained relationship.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
No real summary, you pretty much know what's going on. It's all media crap created by Leo's following of a few Chelsea players and Chelsea itself on instagram. It's ridiculous.

Well, Leo missed training and was apparently fined, but he had an excuse for missing it, so I'm not sure if there actually was a fine or not.

pacp_96

Excuse me but I have been extremely busy for the past 2-3 days and I don't bother reading all those many pages in this thread or reading the hysteria found in the local Catalan and Spanish media. Let alone the crap that Twitter is full of.

A summary please. Other than Messi and Lucho apparently having a strained relationship.

Facts are that we lost on Saturday and Messi and Neymar were on the bench after having an extended holiday. Zubi was sacked on Monday and Puyol resigned. Messi missed training saying he was ill. Later that day Messi followed Chelsea and some of their players on instagram. Apart from that Messi and Lucho have allegedly had a massive falling out.

Other than that the rest is just speculation and reports suggesting that he wants to go to Chelsea.

Faceless

No more faces at night
Even IF he leaves, then so be it. He will eventually have to make way for a younger talent. Plus all that cash we be getting, aww yiss:lucho:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The Messi fall out with Lucho report came out before the game against Real Sociedad btw.

Leo_Messi

Facts are that we lost on Saturday and Messi and Neymar were on the bench after having an extended holiday. Zubi was sacked on Monday and Puyol resigned. Later that day Messi followed Chelsea and some of their players on instagram. Apart from that Messi and Lucho have allegedly had a massive falling out.

Other than that the rest is just speculation and reports suggesting that he wants to go to Chelsea.

Yes, all of that I am aware of. After all I was unlucky to witness Sunday's nightmare live on the screen.

So what people have basically been discussing nonstop is unfounded nonsense and Lucho's and Messi's strained relationship? If Chelsea are dumb enough to buy Messi for 250 million euros then we should sell him this summer. No two ways about it. For that kind of money you could basically kickstart a new era with a PROPER management at the club.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Really? Didn't know that.

Yep, that's when it apparently started when they had an argument over a 5 a side game decision then later these reports came that Lucho wanted to officially fine him after he didn't show up in the open training session.

pacp_96

Yep, that's when it apparently started when they had an argument over a 5 a side game decision then later these reports came that Lucho wanted to officially fine him after he didn't show up in the open training session.

So they fell out. He was benched. He didn't turn up for a training session on Monday. Lucho wanted to fine him. Messi followed Chelsea on Instagram later that day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans