10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardyboy

Stoichkov: "Leo is going to lose another Ballon d'Or because of those chumps"

Stoichkov: “Bartomeu isnt a President. He’s an officer who arrived on the rebound because a wimp (Rosell) left”

Stoichkov on Leo-Enrique situation: "He can remedy the situation. The two need to sit down & try to see eye to eye"

L

Los Blancos

If Chelsea are dumb enough to buy Messi for 250 million euros then we should sell him this summer. No two ways about it. For that kind of money you could basically kickstart a new era with a PROPER management at the club.

This is exactly what I said but I used lighter words than you did and my post got removed. At least I said Messi was worth it while you think anyone would be stupid to buy him.

Iarwain

If Chelsea are dumb enough to buy Messi for 250 million euros then we should sell him this summer. No two ways about it. For that kind of money you could basically kickstart a new era with a PROPER management at the club.
That's his buyout clause, doesn't mean he'd go for that amount. If Messi insisted on leaving I don't think the club would strictly insist on buyout price. I believe Cesc wasn't sold for his buyout clause price too.

L

Los Blancos

I say a fair value for Messi would be 150-200 because of what he brings to a club. While I believe he is on the decline, his image alone is very valuable to a team in the long run. Chelsea isn't a big club and having one of the best players in the world will forever give Chelsea that recognition.

JamDav1982

I say a fair value for Messi would be 150-200 because of what he brings to a club. While I believe he is on the decline, his image alone is very valuable to a team in the long run. Chelsea isn't a big club and having one of the best players in the world will forever give Chelsea that recognition.

Chelsea are a big club now. They have a big global following and probably the first choice of any player going to England.

Cant remember who but there was one player this summer that said he was waiting for the big clubs 'Real, Barca, Bayern and Chelsea'. Saying those are the four that most players want to be at.

Leo_Messi

If Messi gets sold (that is a huge if) then his transfer will be the most expensive transfer in history. There can be no doubt about it.

Anyway Chelsea cannot buy him due to FFP. Only clubs like Man Utd (can't see him living in Manchester), Bayern or RM (impossible move) could buy him.

Messi will be 28 years old this June. He is only going to go downhill from now on. Yes, he is our best player by far and arguably the best ever but one day he will have to move on just like all the former greats at FC Barcelona did.

If he wants to move then it has to be this summer. The club is basically paralyzed due to one of the most moronic football boards in history until the summer 2016. By then he will be 29 years old. In other words if he wants to jump ship it has to be this summer and if this happens I won't blame him. This season the club will win nothing (most likely), next season the chances are even smaller due to the transfer ban and the 2016-2017 season will be a season after some huge overhauls at the club. Impossible to predict what kind of season that will be.

The most tragic thing of all this is that the club has nobody to blame for all this but themselves. The clowns seen in my avatar need to be lynched in public. For destroying the most successful and stable club in a matter of years.

I can't phantom their stupidity and how they were elected by a record number of votes I can't understand. But that's Catalonia and Spain for you. No wonder that their respective societies/countries are as they are. In likewise chaos.

Last edited:

klc123

Even IF he leaves, then so be it. He will eventually have to make way for a younger talent. Plus all that cash we be getting, aww yiss:lucho:

What is the point in that cash? Even if we didn't have a transfer ban, who do we buy good enough to fill a gap left by Messi?

Selling Messi would be like selling a loaf of bread for 100 euro, when you're starving to death and no one else is selling food.

Edit:
Just saw a few posts mentioning messi is already/has been on the decline for a while. I agree everyone should be able to voice their opinion, but that is beyond belief.

The team has been playing shit from bad management for 3 seasons, and the only explanation you guys can come up with is that messi is too old at the age of 27? Might as well retire him now, he's obviously past it. Not to mention Iniesta and Xavi, they have one foot in the grave. What's that? Paul scholes was one of the best midfielders in the EPL at 38 years old? Nah man, he must be a zombie.

Last edited:

Butaan4barca

If Messi gets sold (that is a huge if) then his transfer will be the most expensive transfer in history. There can be no doubt about it.

Anyway Chelsea cannot buy him due to FFP. Only clubs like Man Utd (can't see him living in Manchester), Bayern or RM (impossible move) could buy him.

Messi will be 28 years old this June. He is only going to go downhill from now on. Yes, he is our best player by far and arguably the best ever but one day he will have to move on just like all the former greats at FC Barcelona did.

If he wants to move then it has to be this summer. The club is basically paralyzed due to one of the most moronic football boards in history until the summer 2016. By then he will be 29 years old. In other words if he wants to jump ship it has to be this summer and if this happens I won't blame him. This season the club will win nothing (most likely), next season the chances are even smaller due to the transfer ban and the 2016-2017 season will be a season after some huge overhauls at the club. Impossible to predict what kind of season that will be.

The most tragic thing of all this is that the club has nobody to blame for all this but themselves. The clowns seen in my avatar need to be lynched in public. For destroying the most successful and stable club in a matter of years.

I can't phantom their stupidity and how they were elected by a record number of votes I can't understand. But that's Catalonia and Spain for you. No wonder that their respective societies/countries are as they are. In likewise chaos.

I don't think he is going downward at 28 years ? lol...

Plus with his physic and playing style he would be best player even at the age of 34, its his intelligence, passing and vision which will make him a true no 10 as he gets older.

If he goes, may he deserves to. As if it was for better team performance, he would've been having his 6 ballon de ors this time

BarcaBarcaBarca

Sooner or later it was bound to happen; the spotlight has turned, and is now focusing on the 'other side' of the club. Barcelona in recent seasons, have gone from European Champions, to a club now lacking enthusiasm, game plans and a leader; unthinkable when under the reigns of Pep and Tito, each post was filled to a high standard.

All Barcelona fans will like the fact the board is under pressure, this time however, it is increasingly worrying that our best player, and the world's greatest, Leo Messi has been drawn into the troubles on and off the pitch.

Going back a few years, we had Laporta as Club President. What he brought was sort of an ironic feature to Barcelona. During his reign, the club enjoyed their most successful seasons, winning Champions Leagues, La Ligas, Copas and much much more. He and Pep built a solid squad, the back bone - Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta. However, as mentioned, as successful as the team were, and as popular as Laporta was, his presidential campaign brought the club millions of debt, and eventually, the controversial figure of Sandro Rossell edged his way into the club to replace Laporta.

The club under Rossell were no doubt going places, a little slower than expected, and in a manner more misterious than before. Pep, the greatest manager in Barca's history, soon felt unsupported under the new board, and that lead him to take up manager at newly crowned Champions League winners Bayern. Zubizaretta, at this time, looked a promising addition to the Barca board. Signings such as Villa and Mascherano showed his influence and ability to sign quality players - after all, he was brought to the club by Pep.

However, following a semi-successful spell under Tata, the mood of the club changed. Tragedy truck the Barca camp, and the whole entire world of football when news broke of Tito's death. It was a tragic loss to the club, the manager only months ago won the league, securing the most points in Barcelona's liga history - something Pep couldn't even do.

Rossell's mishandling and lack of respect to another cancer battler in the form of Eric Abidal, who was eventually forced out the club, although promised a youth club roll in his retirement, didn't go down well with the fans. On top of this, a very mysterious signing in the form of Neymar - who Pep had passed up the opportunity to sign at Bayern because he himself wanted him at Barcelona, brought anger on the fans. Rossell did extremely well cutting down the club's debt in his time, but he lied to the fans about the Neymar deal, which still is uncertain was really happened.

The one thing Barca fans will thank Rose for is his resignation - which doesn't happen an awful lot in Spain. However, instead of new elections taking place, his close companion Bartomeu, who's expert field was Basketball, was placed as President - a move which angered Barcelona fans.

Now, seasons on and with ex player Luis Enrique in charge, a new dimension was brought to Barcelona, and Lucho aimed to build on the tactics and influence left by Pep and Tito. Last season brought great disappointment under the management of Tata, and in lack of better words - the club need a trophy this season. This is the reason why Leo Messi is upset. The club has become a laughing stock, where all focus has been on the board issues. Whilst other clubs have strengthened (Chelsea, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Man City, Bayern) Barcelona have in Messi's case, weakened. For example, Chelsea have transformed their team in the last few seasons. Ageing players like Lampard, Cole, Cech have all been replaced by better, youthful players. Barcelona however, despite £150 being pumped into club transfers under Lucho, have bought, but not wisely. Mathieu is the long awaited centre half we hadn't all been crying out for. To start with, he is not world class, he is a known smoker who enjoys a cigarette or two and his age means he can't play every game, nor cover at left back - as we saw in Lucho's failure to win a tactical battle against Madrid in the first Clasico. Another is Rakitic, who has proven himself to be a quality player in La Liga, but still, Xavi, who Enrique said was only going to get limited game time, started over him in the Clasico. These facts, as well as Lucho's inability to cement a starting 11 (17 different in 17 matches) makes Messi, and team mates believe their is no direction in which the club are heading.

Players are lacking belief, being mistreated (Montoya,Pique), players are being signed due to political reasons (Douglas) and there is clearly no plan B as we have seen this season in too many matches being drawn or lost without a serious effort being made.

The start of 2015 was a sour one for Barcelona, the mishandling of Neymar and Messi against La Real and now reports of tension between Leo and Lucho, does not bode well with the fact that this season - we need a trophy or two.

Leo_Messi

I don't think he is going downward at 28 years ? lol...

Plus with his physic and playing style he would be best player even at the age of 34, its his intelligence, passing and vision which will make him a true no 10 as he gets older.

If he goes, may he deserves to. As if it was for better team performance, he would've been having his 6 ballon de ors this time

Of course he is. That's only normal as he is fast approaching his 30's. He is not the same player that he once was.

Nobody said anything about him not being useful anymore or the fact that he could play well into his 30's and still be our most important player. I am just saying that he is not as irreplaceable as he once was or as dominating.

People can pretend that this is not true but I see it otherwise. So do many others.

Sometims your cycle at a club or elsewhere in life has to end. I am afraid that Messi's will end soon.

klc123

Utter bullshit.
Ronaldo is older and he has improved every single year, including this year.
Football isn't the same as 10 years ago. Better training and dieting means I think players are actually going to start peaking at 30, and be able to play at the same level for longer.

But suggesting messi is already going downhill is beyond ludicrous. Players like alba and busquets are playing worse than 2-3 years ago, it's nothing to do with age. It's all to do with poor management. I said this before and I will say it again, if mourinho was managing barcelona with the first 11 we have, we would be unstoppable in the league and in Europe.

JamDav1982

Sooner or later it was bound to happen; the spotlight has turned, and is now focusing on the 'other side' of the club. Barcelona in recent seasons, have gone from European Champions, to a club now lacking enthusiasm, game plans and a leader; unthinkable when under the reigns of Pep and Tito, each post was filled to a high standard.

All Barcelona fans will like the fact the board is under pressure, this time however, it is increasingly worrying that our best player, and the world's greatest, Leo Messi has been drawn into the troubles on and off the pitch.

Going back a few years, we had Laporta as Club President. What he brought was sort of an ironic feature to Barcelona. During his reign, the club enjoyed their most successful seasons, winning Champions Leagues, La Ligas, Copas and much much more. He and Pep built a solid squad, the back bone - Valdes, Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta. However, as mentioned, as successful as the team were, and as popular as Laporta was, his presidential campaign brought the club millions of debt, and eventually, the controversial figure of Sandro Rossell edged his way into the club to replace Laporta.

The club under Rossell were no doubt going places, a little slower than expected, and in a manner more misterious than before. Pep, the greatest manager in Barca's history, soon felt unsupported under the new board, and that lead him to take up manager at newly crowned Champions League winners Bayern. Zubizaretta, at this time, looked a promising addition to the Barca board. Signings such as Villa and Mascherano showed his influence and ability to sign quality players - after all, he was brought to the club by Pep.

However, following a semi-successful spell under Tata, the mood of the club changed. Tragedy truck the Barca camp, and the whole entire world of football when news broke of Tito's death. It was a tragic loss to the club, the manager only months ago won the league, securing the most points in Barcelona's liga history - something Pep couldn't even do.

Rossell's mishandling and lack of respect to another cancer battler in the form of Eric Abidal, who was eventually forced out the club, although promised a youth club roll in his retirement, didn't go down well with the fans. On top of this, a very mysterious signing in the form of Neymar - who Pep had passed up the opportunity to sign at Bayern because he himself wanted him at Barcelona, brought anger on the fans. Rossell did extremely well cutting down the club's debt in his time, but he lied to the fans about the Neymar deal, which still is uncertain was really happened.

The one thing Barca fans will thank Rose for is his resignation - which doesn't happen an awful lot in Spain. However, instead of new elections taking place, his close companion Bartomeu, who's expert field was Basketball, was placed as President - a move which angered Barcelona fans.

Now, seasons on and with ex player Luis Enrique in charge, a new dimension was brought to Barcelona, and Lucho aimed to build on the tactics and influence left by Pep and Tito. Last season brought great disappointment under the management of Tata, and in lack of better words - the club need a trophy this season. This is the reason why Leo Messi is upset. The club has become a laughing stock, where all focus has been on the board issues. Whilst other clubs have strengthened (Chelsea, Real Madrid, Atletico Madrid, Man City, Bayern) Barcelona have in Messi's case, weakened. For example, Chelsea have transformed their team in the last few seasons. Ageing players like Lampard, Cole, Cech have all been replaced by better, youthful players. Barcelona however, despite £150 being pumped into club transfers under Lucho, have bought, but not wisely. Mathieu is the long awaited centre half we hadn't all been crying out for. To start with, he is not world class, he is a known smoker who enjoys a cigarette or two and his age means he can't play every game, nor cover at left back - as we saw in Lucho's failure to win a tactical battle against Madrid in the first Clasico. Another is Rakitic, who has proven himself to be a quality player in La Liga, but still, Xavi, who Enrique said was only going to get limited game time, started over him in the Clasico. These facts, as well as Lucho's inability to cement a starting 11 (17 different in 17 matches) makes Messi, and team mates believe their is no direction in which the club are heading.

Players are lacking belief, being mistreated (Montoya,Pique), players are being signed due to political reasons (Douglas) and there is clearly no plan B as we have seen this season in too many matches being drawn or lost without a serious effort being made.

The start of 2015 was a sour one for Barcelona, the mishandling of Neymar and Messi against La Real and now reports of tension between Leo and Lucho, does not bode well with the fact that this season - we need a trophy or two.

A lot of what you have written there is false.

Pep never left Barca becuase of the board. He has said that countless times himself. Amazed this idea still persists

Nor did Pep decide to move to 'newly crowned European Champions'. He accepted the job before they won that.

Zubizareta never signed Villa.

Pep never brought Zubizareta.... do you want Pep to get the blame for that??!!

Pep never passed up the opportunity to sign Neymar. He met Neymar to find out his intentions and Neymar was still wanting to got to Barca so Pep backed off.

Quite a re writing of history there!

BarcaBarcaBarca

A lot of what you have written there is false.

Pep never left Barca becuase of the board. He has said that countless times himself. Amazed this idea still persists

Nor did Pep decide to move to 'newly crowned European Champions'. He accepted the job before they won that.

Zubizareta never signed Villa.

Pep never brought Zubizareta.... do you want Pep to get the blame for that??!!

Pep never passed up the opportunity to sign Neymar. He met Neymar to find out his intentions and Neymar was still wanting to got to Barca so Pep backed off.

Quite a re writing of history there!

I didn't write this im afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans