10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Ok, but with entering a new cycle with MSN attack, a new coach already can't start with some fresh ideas:
1. you have to play those 3
-- you can't buy an attacker whom you would want, for example
2. Messi won't play a RW
-- so, you either have to push Suarez which is again stupid
-- or you have to again accomodate formation and new ideas to not only Messi, but to Messi-Ney-Suarez
-- so, if a possible new coach had some fresh ideas, he will have to forget those ideas and accomodate them to fit Messi, Ney and Suarez
3. you can't buy a taller striker again and add a plan B with some crosses
= you again have to play with 3 more or less "short" forwards

These are just some thoughts from top of my head.
So, basically we will enter into a new cycle, with the same team and with the same players.

Unless all of our coaches, Tito, Tata and Enrique were stupid (ok, we can agree about Lucho), there are extremely high chances that we will play equally sterile like in the last 3-4 Seasons.

So, for the last few years, we are asking for changes, and now we will get a new board, and now it seems that:
-- we can't sell Messi-Ney-Suarez
-- and over time people will also probably say that we can't sell Iniesta, lol

So, what, we will enter a new cycle, and we will both play in Bernabeu in 2016 and 2017 with this lineup:
-- Messi, Neymar, Suarez
-- Busi, Iniesta + one new guy

Lol. Are people forgetting the quote:
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Lol. Why do we even need a new board and a new coach if we will be trapped with more or less the same players, who, more or less can play in only one system, and that system is extremely crappy and sterile for ages.
NOT ONLY because of Lucho.

Let's hope that a new board will be less sentimental than this forum and that they will make a much bigger clean up in order to play with a new formation/system/tactics/players.

Last edited:

xxxxxx

No, it's up to Messi. Or do you think Laporta would let this happen without talking to Leo?

But if he wants to go, he has to go. I wouldn't want any player here against his will, Messi included.

That's the problem, it's up to Leo. Maybe he wants a new challenge. Maybe he feels this Barcelona squad isn't great and won't be great for a while yet.

mssarm

No, it's up to Messi. Or do you think Laporta would let this happen without talking to Leo?

But if he wants to go, he has to go. I wouldn't want any player here against his will, Messi included.

Laporta is not the president yet. The president is not elected by fan votes but member/shareholders vote. We don't know how the socis will vote: don't forget that Rossell got highest historical votes because socis were tired Laporta's dubious fiscal policies.

Bertus

Messi could want to leave, but any sane board will not sell him for cheap.

As I said, who can spend 200-250M on him without weakening their club and without breaching the FFP?

PSG and chelsea can, sure, if they sell at least 2-3 stars to make up for "just" half of what messi will cost.

Which would be stupid.

BBZ8800

Well its not really a hard choice is it? Iniesta has been phoning it in for more than a season and Xavi is a pensioner. The less said about Alves Pedro and Pique the better.I would give away all of the players in option 2 for free, except for Busi, in order to rebuild. Why would selling the club's best player ever come before all the dead weight and parasites holding it back? The club spent 160 million this summer without moving forward, add in Neymar(and his father) from the season before and that is around or more than 250 million which was invested with nothing to show for it over the last 2 years. We have/had enough money to rebuild without selling Messi. It just depends on the approach. Having less money probably forces the club to be more creative anyway. Valencia as an example have made far better transfers in the last 5 years than when they were splashing money on the likes of Joaquin and Zigic.

Ok.

This is also a good idea.

But people have to realize that a lot of players have to go.
If Messi stays, a lot of other guys have to go (Xavi and Iniesta first).
We can't play with Pep's lineup from 2009 still in 2017 and wonder where has it all gone wrong?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some players have to go.

Xavi has to go for example.

I disagree. It is not like Xavi's presence is impeding the development of other players or jeopardizing/weakening our game play. If THAT is the case, I agree he should leave. But I don't think that is the case this season.

JamDav1982

That's the problem, it's up to Leo. Maybe he wants a new challenge. Maybe he feels this Barcelona squad isn't great and won't be great for a while yet.

Personally I dont think he wants to leave at all. He is just a bit childish and emotional when it comes to things like this and knows the board wont sell him.

Part of me wishes he did have the fear that the board could sell him though!

Bertus

I disagree. It is not like Xavi's presence is impeding the development of other players or jeopardizing/weakening our game play. If THAT is the case, I agree he should leave. But I don't that that is the case this season.

Xavi is too influential and too old.

He played a role last season when the dressing room went against Tata.

I dare saying that even if he thought it was for good, he has a part in that failure to win La Liga because of his behaviors.

He's done great, really great, but Barca needs to be reformed, and it doesn't give him any right to slow that process.

As Flavia said, if he really loves the club he also has to undertsand by himself when he has to go.

JamDav1982

I disagree. It is not like Xavi's presence is impeding the development of other players or jeopardizing/weakening our game play. If THAT is the case, I agree he should leave. But I don't that that is the case this season.

Xavi is still trying to play the same style of football that the team played 3/4 years ago and he contributes next to nothing defensively.

The overall all style he imprints on Barca and the temp is slow and outdated.

The fact he isnt impeding other players just goes to show how poor the other midfielders are.

Alik

Well its not really a hard choice is it? Iniesta has been phoning it in for more than a season and Xavi is a pensioner. The less said about Alves Pedro and Pique the better.I would give away all of the players in option 2 for free, except for Busi, in order to rebuild. Why would selling the club's best player ever come before all the dead weight and parasites holding it back? The club spent 160 million this summer without moving forward, add in Neymar(and his father) from the season before and that is around or more than 250 million which was invested with nothing to show for it over the last 2 years. We have/had enough money to rebuild without selling Messi. It just depends on the approach. Having less money probably forces the club to be more creative anyway. Valencia as an example have made far better transfers in the last 5 years than when they were splashing money on the likes of Joaquin and Zigic.

Thanks, that's well put.

mssarm

I disagree. It is not like Xavi's presence is impeding the development of other players or jeopardizing/weakening our game play. If THAT is the case, I agree he should leave. But I don't think that is the case this season.

That is the case I love Xavi and always will, but it was a mistake to keep him.

Bertus

Luf.

Xavi should look at Lahm and learn.

Lahm left the national team when he felt it was the perfect choice before declining. Xavi should have done the same, VdB or not.

And I'm sure that the same way Lahm will quit if he feels he's a dead weight for bayern.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

If he was a glory-hunter. But he isn't. Nor is this P$G, Shitty or Chelski. Teams crammed with mercenaries. This is Barca. Even stuck in this shit, probably only big club owned by their fans and playing regularly with guys who were brought up at the club.

F

Flavia

Laporta is not the president yet. The president is not elected by fan votes but member/shareholders vote. We don't know how the socis will vote: don't forget that Rossell got highest historical votes because socis were tired Laporta's dubious fiscal policies.

The socis bought rosell's bs back then. Sandro made the club sue Laporta and the rest of his board, and lost. A judge cleared Laporta of any wrongdoing. This, plus the Neymar scandal, made Laporta gain strenght again. He is the most likely to win. Polls on the bcn papers also favor him. I can only see him losing if by somw miracle we win a double.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans