10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irish_Cules

People comparing it to the Ronaldinho/Deco situation. :shakeshead: They were two over the hill players/overweight players who were a bad influence in the dressing room. Say what you want about Messi's behavior but he's still the best player in the world with many great years ahead of him. And the reason he is acting up is clearly because he sees that the club is in the wrong hands both at boardroom level and in the dressing room. Give Messi a competent professional environment and he'll give you nothing any other player can come close to giving. If you sell him he will go to a club and give them that. Nobody wants to see that.

S7_MUFC

I just can't understand why messi would leave for Chelsea? He's already at a bigger club and I've never heard of a situation in recent years where Barca went for a player but the player chose Chelsea instead.....Chelsea also don't have as much money as Manchester City because they are relying on legitimate commercial income...and we are yet to talk about Mourhnio, Messi wouldn't score more than 30 goals playing for a negative manager.....The reaction here is bordering on mass hysteria....:lol:

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Xavi, Alves and Pedro have to go.

Pique, Iniesta are debatable.

Messi, Busi and Masch must stay.

That's my take on the clear out of the old guard.

BBZ8800

That's the thing though. It makes no sense to sell Messi even if he doesn't provide GOAT performances game in game out, but keeping Suarez. What has Suarez done that merits him staying and Messi being sold?

Suarez has advantage in motivation and hunger.
Neymar also.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I just can't understand why messi would leave for Chelsea? He's already at a bigger club and I've never heard of a situation in recent years where Barca went for a player but the player chose Chelsea instead.....Chelsea also don't have as much money as Manchester City because they are relying on legitimate commercial income...and we are yet to talk about Mourhnio, Messi wouldn't score more than 30 goals playing for a negative manager.....The reaction here is bordering on mass hysteria....:lol:

We're always like this.

JamDav1982

That's the thing though. It makes no sense to sell Messi even if he doesn't provide GOAT performances game in game out, but keeping Suarez. What has Suarez done that merits him staying and Messi being sold?

I dont want Messi sold but I can see why it is now being raised and more and more high profile people in football are commenting he does not look as motivated as he was.

For me personally I struggle to see how a team to compete with the very best can be built around someone who moves so little off the ball and doesnt press.

That would be my fear for the future of the team as it is.

Alik

Suarez has advantage in motivation and hunger.
Neymar also.

We don't know what will happen in the future. But that would mean, you expect both Neymar and Suarez to be better than Messi over the next +- 4 seasons.

I dont want Messi sold but I can see why it is now being raised and more and more high profile people in football are commenting he does not look as motivated as he was.

For me personally I struggle to see how a team to compete with the very best can be built around someone who moves so little off the ball and doesnt press.

That would be my fear for the future of the team as it is.

I can understand that. Still, I think that if there is one player that warrants having a team built around that is Messi.

mssarm

Ok.
I am just saying, IF, what IF he starts to play like in the last Season, when he was "saving" himself for a World cup.
And when he looks bored on the field.
Also, if you don't want to sell Messi, you also "can't" sell Neymar (he is young and motivated) and Suarez (we have just bought him)

So, we will start a new cycle, but MSN attack stays the same.
That means that you are entering a new cycle again with Messi-pendencia.
Also, Messi won't play a RW. A new coach, same old problems.

Then if you don't want to sell Messi, in order to get fresh, motivated players, you have to do a lot of clean-up in some other areas.
If Messi stays, then Xavi and Iniesta (and probably Busi) have to go.

I mean, you can't enter the new cycle and a start a fresh beginning, and then again play with:
-- Busi+Iniesta+one new player
-- Neymar+Suarez+Messi

What then? Our new cycle would then mean=a new coach, a new RB, one new MC and maybe a new DC.

It doesn't "sound" too promising.
More likely that the same issues from the last 3-4 Seasons would repeat in 2015-16 right away, even with a new coach.

We have to be sentimetal to some extent, but you can't keep ALL the players.
Again, we would never have Rijkaard's and Pep's era if those coaches would have been too sentimental about previous generations of players.

1. either Messi has to go
2. either Xavi+Iniesta+Busi+Alves+Pique+Pedro etc
3. either all of them
= if you want a new cycle, and not living in Pep's shadow forever.

The current players won't EVER repeat Pep's success.
Accept it.
Agreed 100%. This team build around Messi and you cannot start the new cycle if he still in the team. All I need to see a competent president and a board who can build a new team. Messi is going to leave sooner or later.

JamDav1982

We don't know what will happen in the future. But that would mean, you expect both Neymar and Suarez to be better than Messi over the next +- 4 seasons.

No it doesnt mean they will be better individually but the team may benefit from less reliance on one player and more movement off the ball and pressing.

On top of that would be the funds to build a new team.

Again, not wanting Messi sold but its not as straightforward as saying Suarez and Neymar would be better individually.

Bertus

Why would people want to sell Suarez?

- He's one of the best strikers even if he's currently doing poor for number of reasons.
- You won't ever sell him for the price you bought him anyways.

F

Flavia

Messi won't leave in June 2015, a new board and coach will come. And with the ban, we will only weaken if he goes. But if nothing improves, I can see him leaving in 2016.

S7_MUFC

No it doesnt mean they will be better individually but the team may benefit from less reliance on one player and more movement off the ball and pressing.

On top of that would be the funds to build a new team.

Again, not wanting Messi sold but its not as straightforward as saying Suarez and Neymar would be better individually.

Clubs like Barca,Real and United can spend 100 million each season without selling any players....That's why Barca signed Suarez and that's why Real keep signing unnecessary players for huge price...With the transfer ban in place Barca will have around 200 million to spend even without selling Messi when the ban is lifted...

F

Flavia

Clubs like Barca,Real and United can spend 100 million each season without selling any players....That's why Barca signed Suarez and that's why Real keep signing unnecessary players for huge price...With the transfer ban in place Barca will have around 200 million to spend even without selling Messi when the ban is lifted...

Yes. Losing Messi also means losing a lot of money. And strengthening another team. I really hope he only leaves when he gets back to Argentina.

JamDav1982

Id dont think Real or Barca have spent anything like 200m net this past couple of summers. Would need to check though.

Money does come into it as players like Koke and Cuadrado were deemed to expensive. Even though Koke might not have left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans