10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

NotInHere

Honestly the only thing Ronaldo does better than Messi is headers, I dont buy the myth that Messi is worse at penalties than Ronaldo, whatever stat you wanna throw me wont convince me.

NotInHere

Meh, I'm so tired of these stats. Although even in these, Messi is superior, it's getting so boring comparing the two. I think anyone who thinks Cristiano is on the same level as Messi is either someone who doesn't watch both of them play and goes by statistics (which I must admit, would include a lot of players and coaches voting in the Golden ball), or is completely biased.

Just watch the two play for gods sake, this isn't a discussion that needs to be had.
spot on

dakt

Meh, I'm so tired of these stats. Although even in these, Messi is superior, it's getting so boring comparing the two. I think anyone who thinks Cristiano is on the same level as Messi is either someone who doesn't watch both of them play and goes by statistics (which I must admit, would include a lot of players and coaches voting in the Golden ball), or is completely biased.

Just watch the two play for gods sake, this isn't a discussion that needs to be had.

Not worth it, I said that my self many times but people keep licking the stats. No one is comparable with Messi atm. What he does with a bit of effort, EVERYONE else can dream.

Last edited:

Bertus

Yet, who brings those stats discussions on the table here? Not Ronaldo's fans.

If Messi is better and people know it, why so many are doing it?

It feels like they are insecure about their idol. But 1/ they should not be. 2/ I don't understand that level of fanboyism where it becomes almost vital to prove something about somebody you like.

Anyways, +1 to your post.

Last edited:

Bertus

Not worth it, I said that my self many times but people keep licking the stats. No one is comparable with Messi atm. What he does with a bit of effort, ANYONE else can dream.
It's not Morten or Ronaldo's fans that brought it on the table again.

Your comments make no sense. It's as if you're telling ronaldo's fans to shut up while they are not the ones to bring those discussions on the table here 90% of the time.

dakt

Your comments make no sense. It's as if you're telling ronaldo's fans to shut up while they are not the ones to bring those discussions on the table here 90% of the time.

I meant in general, beyond this boards.

Bertus

I meant in general, beyond this boards.
Fine, but we're not talking about a discussion started elsewhere but one that started here like many, many others before that.

1. - Messi's fans bring a table with stats.
  2. - Messi's fans say Messi is better
  3. - Messi's fans trash Ronaldo, RM, their fans etc etc.
  4. - Messi's fans then say it's useless to discuss stats because it's stupid to think anyone is better than messi.

In the end, Messi's fans are the stupid ones given their own definition because they are the ones who are discussing it a lot then say it was useless to do so because Messi's the best anyways.

That's some weird psychological sh*t if you ask me.

Icarium

Lifestealer

You are in barcaforum so obviously it will mostly be messi fans posting stats... In general as in papers, sport websites and all those stuff show stats to justify ronaldo's ballon d'or. Anyway dakt is only talking for himself not all messi fans right? Obviously you will have messi fans bothered by stats too we live in that kind of era.

Bertus

You are in barcaforum so obviously it will mostly be messi fans posting stats... In general as in papers, sport websites and all those stuff show stats to justify ronaldo's ballon d'or. Anyway dakt is only talking for himself not all messi fans right? Obviously you will have messi fans bothered by stats too we live in that kind of era.
Papers, websites, tweets have their own comments system.

If people want to make them shut up, then they can comment on those respective places, since trying to prove things here will lead nowhere. We, messi's fans of Barcaforum are ALL ok to say messi's a better footballer than ronaldo.

And come on, we had lots of discussions about it, especially in Ronaldo's thread when we talked about ronaldo's number of goals.

Now maybe it's just me, but am I the only one fed up of "discussions with friends where everyone agrees from the start"?

That's like a debate with 2 politicians from the same wing saying during 1 hour how they are right and how they are beautiful.

As for the psychology part, when somebody feels the need to autocongratulate himself all the time, it can be because of insecurity, to which I said, they should not be since everything points to Messi being a better footballer. We all know it here.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Insecurity... Yeah that is what i want to talk about it too. I think it is perfectly normal to feel insecure in the current situation. Ronaldo just won his third ballon d'or and has a good chance of winning 1 or 2 more if people keep judging as they do now. We can all say yeah messi is a better footballer anyway ballon d'or is just stupid yet we celbrated the fact that he has 4 of them... and we can also say ronaldo just scores penalties and tap ins... all that kind of stuff. But at the end of the day the facts don't change ronaldo has 3 ballon d'or and is making case for being equal to messi (that is what the media says anyway). So yeah it is pretty normal to feel insecure sometimes and the need to find those reasons for themselves to believe messi is still the best.

I will confess this too at one point even i was obsessed about stats too, but now i finally get it. I can't fight what is happening right now. If people want to believe ronaldo is better footballers so be it i don't care anymore. Barca are not doing very well lately and winning trophies is the only way messi can make a case for best of all time. So i just want messi to stay at barca and win more and more trophies that is the ultimate happiness which will be much more than say messi winning 5th ballon d'or.

Bertus

Insecurity... Yeah that is what i want to talk about it too. I think it is perfectly normal to feel insecure in the current situation. Ronaldo just won his third ballon d'or and has a good chance of winning 1 or 2 more if people keep judging as they do now. We can all say yeah messi is a better footballer anyway ballon d'or is just stupid yet we celbrated the fact that he has 4 of them... and we can also say ronaldo just scores penalties and tap ins... all that kind of stuff. But at the end of the day the facts don't change ronaldo has 3 ballon d'or and is making case for being equal to messi (that is what the media says anyway). So yeah it is pretty normal to feel insecure sometimes and the need to find those reasons for themselves to believe messi is still the best.

I will confess this too at one point even i was obsessed about stats too, but now i finally get it. I can't fight what is happening right now. If people want to believe ronaldo is better footballers so be it i don't care anymore. Barca are not doing very well lately and winning trophies is the only way messi can make a case for best of all time. So i just want messi to stay at barca and win more and more trophies that is the ultimate happiness which will be much more than say messi winning 5th ballon d'or.
Dude, the Bd'O is a shitty award with a shitty voting system.

It's not the 11 mondial ballon d'or anymore. It's a trash award from a trash organization named FIFA.

Once you understand that, you won't feel insecure at all.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Dude, the Bd'O is a shitty award with a shitty voting system.

It's not the 11 mondial ballon d'or anymore. It's a trash award from a trash organization named FIFA.

Once you understand that, you won't feel insecure at all.

Yeah i know, it is just like oscars. What i am saying is even if they say they don't care about that shitty award deep down they still want messi to win it right? And every messi fan (well majority of them.. i will not be in that category this time though) will be like dude messi just won his 5th ballon.. he is the best of all time and all that shit.

hardyboy

Preparing for tomorrow's Cup match.
- LIO

10891423_950430058309922_7720287735546262771_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans