10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
For everyting he has done and is still doing and will, he can tattoo his face.

Yeah one like Gucci Mane.

gucciManeTattoo.jpg

Last edited:

zanela

Modern man? Tattoos date back to more than 2.500 years ago.

When I say modern man is superficial, I'm not confining it to skin modification alone, but the mode of living in general. I thought that was obvious. The urge and need to be in the public eye, the digitalised world and its creators shape and influence our lifestyle and line of thought. Yes tattoos existed early back in the days, but so did many of the current human vices. I don't think it makes for justification. Besides, skin ink in its infancy had a tribal expression and context, today it's an unnecessary and trivialised indulgence, as is much of our virtual existence.

In short, I'm a believer of the elegance found in man's natural realities. I, obviously, don't expect others to conform to the same.

dakt

All this butt hurt about a tattoo? People get offended by such trivial shit these days...

Nobody got offended. Did you even read last few pages? Stop bitching, people are expressing their opinion. I also don't like Leo's tattoos...doesn't fit him particularly. I also don't like vegetarians, tattooed women and cinnabon.
Jeeezzzzzzzzzzz

F

Flavia

When I say modern man is superficial, I'm not confining it to skin modification alone, but the mode of living in general. I thought that was obvious. The urge and need to be in the public eye, the digitalised world and its creators shape and influence our lifestyle and line of thought. Yes tattoos existed early back in the days, but so did many of the current human vices. I don't think it makes for justification. Besides, skin ink in its infancy had a tribal expression and context, today it's an unnecessary and trivialised indulgence, as is much of our virtual existence.

In short, I'm a believer of the elegance found in man's natural realities. I, obviously, don't expect others to conform to the same.

Of course it makes for justification. It just shows human nature didn't change that much. Most vices are also still there, and that will never change. Tattoos are still tribal in essence.
And which man's natural realities? Tattoos are an expression of human nature. As many other things.
I don't have any and don't plan to get one, but can't see any problem with them.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Nobody got offended. Did you even read last few pages? Stop bitching, people are expressing their opinion. I also don't like Leo's tattoos...doesn't fit him particularly. I also don't like vegetarians, tattooed women and cinnabon.
Jeeezzzzzzzzzzz

Vegetarians. What?

serghei

I don't have any and don't plan to get one, but can't see any problem with them.

I don't either. Some of them can be art (not Messi's), depends on who does the tattoo and how. But a bad tattoo is something pretty unpleasant to the eye. It's not like a piece of clothing you can replace. It pretty much stays there. Sure, you can try to cover it but it's not the same. I know people who regret having made a tattoo.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I don't either. Some of them can be art (not Messi's), depends on who does the tattoo and how. But a bad tattoo is something pretty unpleasant to the eye.

But again, that's subjective. Maybe Messi likes the tattoos and sees them as art. It's his opinion that matters when it comes to this.

The tattoos on his leg are pretty cool, tbh. Can't see the one on his arm very clearly and the one of his mother is just weirdly done, but again I understand why he wanted to get it.

serghei

Maybe Messi likes the tattoos and sees them as art. It's his opinion that matters when it comes to this.

True. Btw, the one on his leg is a kitsch IMO, but it doesn't matter anyway. I don't love Messi for his taste in art so I don't really care if he does or doesn't have one.

Last edited:

serghei

Which one?

Lionel-Messi-New-Tattoo-Footballwood.jpg

Or his son's hands with the angel wings on them.

messis-latest-tattoo-1413049288954.jpg

His son's hands are well done and pretty nice. Very realistic The addition (wings and heart) ruins a great tatoo IMO.

The Swords are so overused in tatooes. That one is so generic that it doesn't deseve to live on the leg of the best player ever.

Last edited:

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
His son's hands are well done and pretty nice. Very realistic The addition ruins a great tatoo IMO.

That's what I thought too. There's just too much going on on his leg now. I wonder, do we have a better picture of his new tattoo on his arm?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans