10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudey

Javier Nathaniel youtube channel posted this video of all chances created and assists by Messi this season. They are in chronological order, with assists coming last. He says he messed a few vs Elche. Enjoy!

If only all those chances were converted...

L

linetty

Maxwell (PSG): "Best player I've exchanged shirts with? Must be Messi. I've played with and against him. He's the best of all time!" [uefa]

@erMESSIdi

Messi has the MOST:
'chances created' in LIGA (60) & CL (23)
'non-penalty goals' in LIGA (22) & CL (8)
'dribbles' in Liga (96) & CL (39)

Last edited:
I

instinct

Opinion from a realmadridistas.net user (thanks guys for posting the link :lol:)

Messi may be a better player, but his attitude and work ethic are very poor. As a coach, I would take ronaldo in a heart beat because of this. IF you want to talk about the messi of a couple years ago before he became the dictator he was, then sure.

Messi is very very good.. but theres alot of hype surrounding him. I'm sorry but for me he has some serious flaws if you want to put him in the same bracket as pele, maradona, cryuff.. for one, he hasn't sustained a consistant level like they have. His creativity and influence in the team, while light years ahead of CR, is not that of those three. You can't put messi in villarreal and expect them to win the CL and la liga. Sorry, but hes not that good. His international level has been poor compared to those two. Argentina literally parked the bus to the final. Mascherano, zabaleta and rojo got them there. not messi. Messi scored a last minute goal against iran.fucking iran. so theres that

Messi is extremely good at taking a perfect touch on the run and getting past players, but he can't do what maradona or cryuff did with the ball. He doesn't have the creativity nor the playmaking ability. His final pass is absolutely fucking amazing, but he can't start plays on his own. and if either of those three played today they would score nearly as much as he does.

In scoring, ronaldo and messi are the best I've watched by far. Their final third positioning is crazy good. Thats also what makes CR the best goalscorer of all time imo.. He is an absolute perfect poacher. There is not one player that has the movement he does. Not even muller or inzaghi come close

Iarwain

article-2690693-1F9EC68D00000578-509_634x387.jpg

They never showed a replay of this run on TV, the way he went past Hummels and Neuer. If only Boateng didn't follow it up... :bruise:

Kerrybai

This is stupidity gold. I'm definitely joining this site, seems like a lot of fun.

To be fair they are not all bad, the response to that post was very unbiased for a Madrista.

'You can always tell the people that never saw Diego play one game. Consistency? You've got to be kidding me. Maradona had 3 peak years and he tailed off straight after. Before 86 WC people mentioned him as a let down for Christ sakes :lol:

Maradona was nowhere near as consistent as Messi, not even close. Cruijff had one great tournament with Netherlands. Messi didn't flop in he WC, I don't know what game you watched. Most of Maradonas teammates that actually played with him think Messi is better than him. Personally, I don't really want to compare them. It's much easier to attack in todays game that's for sure, which is why CR and Messi put up crazy numbers, especially in La Liga where defenders literally can give fouls by just standing there.

Sabella played a defensive formation and was more willing to not concede than score. Messi burdended all the creativity and had scrubs like Pipita and Palacio in front of him. The problem with that WC is that people are comparing Messi to is prime levels. His performance was easily one of the best in the tournament. Constantly had 4 players on him and caused havoc in the few times he was free. Argentina should have walked that WC final on chances, Messi created 2 great chances for Pipita and Palacio. I'm tired of hearing people say he didn't have a great tournament. He did.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans