10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He won't have his best season, he only has 37 goals and his best was 73. He's on course for his best calendar year.... however there is no way he will ever do 91 again as he now plays on the right wing, I just can't see it happening, that was a freak year for goals.

Yeah i meant best year only, otherwise why would i say we have to wait until end of the season for more clearer picture lol... 91 goals yes it is almost impossible, but impossible is nothing as leo already proved to us many times. He has copa america also this year unlike in 2012. If we reach CL final i think he has a chance at coming close at least.

Kerrybai

Yeah i meant best year only, otherwise why would i say we have to wait until end of the season for more clearer picture lol... 91 goals yes it is almost impossible, but impossible is nothing as leo already proved to us many times. He has copa america also this year unlike in 2012. If we reach CL final i think he has a chance at coming close at least.

That's true although in 2012 he still had 9 international games in which he scored 12 goals, will he even have 9 this year? I guess it depends on how far Argentina guess. He is 2 friendlies in March, hopefully he picks up a couple of goals there. One thing though is the assist count, he already has 9! Surely he will have his beast assist year, and in turn could have his best assist+goal year.

KingLeo10

it doesn't matter to me how much he scores or assists as long as he is integral to our success and maybe, just maybe we win the treble

Vars

Banned
Sorry, but IMO 11 games doesn't mean sh*t.

Look at 2014. One of the best starts and turn out to be one of the worst year/season for Messi/Barça.

BTW: You are going to jinx him.

:banghead:

Last edited:

Kerrybai

Look at 2014. One of the best starts and turn out to be one of the worst year/season for Messi/Barça.

He had injuries then, also have you not read his latest quotes? His desire is back, he's unstoppable now.

CatalinR10

why can't you accept that he'll score 100 this year ?

:coffee:

Last edited:

Vars

Banned
He had injuries then, also have you not read his latest quotes? His desire is back, he's unstoppable now.

I have, and unlike many others, i also remember the news from jan 2014 and Messi quotes from that time. Deja Vu.

We all know Messi is the best, and that he is in GOAT mode. No need to pull all this stats. They are pointless at this point in the season/year.

Kerrybai

I have, and unlike many others, i also remember the news from jan 2014 and Messi quotes from that time. Deja Vu.

We all know Messi is the best, and that he is in GOAT mode. No need to pull all this stats. They are pointless at this point in the season/year.

Relax mate its just a bit of fun speculating how many he will get...

Also that player at the start of 2014 wasn't half this player, he didn't have the motivation and looked like he was 'saving' himself.

Vars

Banned
Relax mate its just a bit of fun speculating how many he will get...

Also that player at the start of 2014 wasn't half this player, he didn't have the motivation and looked like he was 'saving' himself.

Sorry. Didn't mean to sound rude or anything. :)

Let's just hope he can keep playing like this for the rest of the year.

:cheers:

Empty

I don't want to get all scientific but if eternal inflation is correct, there is an infinite number of Messi's in the universe and also an infinite amount of Messi's that's better than our Messi. :p

But I agree, once in a lifetime player.

I thought eternal inflation implied there are an infinite number of Messis in an infinite number of universes (a bijection of Messi and universe in each particular case), not that there are an infinite number of Messis in one (our) universe.

hardyboy

Paul Scholes on Messi:
"I am not ashamed to admit that in the games against Barcelona I spent a lot of the time just hoping he would take up positions as far away from me as possible."

rixxer

Can anybody provide a video of moment that Scholes mentioned in his blog- Manu vs Barca in 2008 semi final, where he tackles Messi inside the peanlty area, fouls him, but referee just ignores it? Couldn't find it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans