10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

+100

Spot on. That is what I expect from Neymar and Suarez. Neymar is younger and can from time to time show his brilliance, but the other is just static.
I mean, when it matters, RM has Benzema no matter how much some think he's overrated.

Neymar and Suarez have stepped up in loads of games and helped get the best out of Messi.

The front three have been brilliant. One bad game from all three doesnt mean start pointing fingers at Suarez and Neymar.

You're kidding right? Ronaldo was atrocious in the damn CL final yet Madrid still won.

We've been nearly 100% reliant on Messi since Eto'o left. He's constantly involved in all our huge moments, never seen anything quite like it in all my years watching football.

Even this much hype MSN partnership is somewhat overrated. Messi is laying goals on a plate for Neymar while Suarez has been disappointingly inconsistent. It's still largely a one man show for the most part.

dakt

Neymar and Suarez have stepped up in loads of games and helped get the best out of Messi.

The front three have been brilliant. One bad game from all three doesnt mean start pointing fingers at Suarez and Neymar.

Wow, in my books, Messi is responsible for 90% of their goals and missed chances...and God know Suarez missed fuck load of them.

JamDav1982

You're kidding right? Ronaldo was atrocious in the damn CL final yet Madrid still won.

We've been nearly 100% reliant on Messi since Eto'o left. He's constantly involved in all our huge moments, never seen anything quite like it in all my years watching football.

Even this much hype MSN partnership is somewhat overrated. Messi is laying goals on a plate for Neymar while Suarez has been disappointingly inconsistent. It's still largely a one man show for the most part.

Of course Messi is better than Ronaldo and more important, but have seen plenty of games Ronaldo plays shit and Madrid look a different team.

Same with Messi, the systems are reliant on them more than any other player.

JamDav1982

Wow, in my books, Messi is responsible for 90% of their goals and missed chances...and God know Suarez missed fuck load of them.

What percentage of Messi goals/missed chances do you atrtibute to Suarez and Neymar?

This argument is getting like the 1986 World Cup about Maradona. Giving him credit for every goal he set up and assisted but not applying same rules to other players.

Leo_Messi

Spot on. Whenever Messi has a off-day the whole team is almost guaranteed to suffer immensely. I don't feel that RM are as addicted to Ronaldo. In fact they seem to play better as a team whenever he is not there.

Not sure if it is even possible to change this as long as Messi is the heart and soul of the team.

dakt

What percentage of Messi goals/missed chances do you atrtibute to Suarez and Neymar?

This argument is getting like the 1986 World Cup about Maradona. Giving him credit for every goal he set up and assisted but not applying same rules to other players.

When I said 90% that was figurative, what I meant is huge majority. I expect much more from these two.

JamDav1982

Spot on. Whenever Messi has a off-day the whole team is almost guaranteed to suffer immensely. I don't feel that RM are as addicted to Ronaldo. In fact they seem to play better as a team whenever he is not there.

Not sure if it is even possible to change this as long as Messi is the heart and soul of the team.

Real dont play better when Ronaldo is off form at all.

Of course this teams suffers more than Real though as Messi is the better player and is more integral to the system in far more aspects than Ronaldo.

It is a difficult balance - do you want more freedom for Neymar and Suarez and less importance on Messi so that when he plays poorly it has less of an impact?

Probably not.

JamDav1982

When I said 90% that was figurative, what I meant is huge majority. I expect much more from these two.

Much more?

One has one of the best conversion rates in europe and the other is creating as many chances as any other players in europe.

They are doing that as support players to Messi.

People complaining about Suarez and Neymar are complaining about probably the best attack in europe ffs and thts not all down to Messi.

oggmar

Much more?

One has one of the best conversion rates in europe and the other is creating as many chances as any other players in europe.

They are doing that as support players to Messi.

People complaining about Suarez and Neymar are complaining about probably the best attack in europe ffs and thts not all down to Messi.

I agree with you to a certain extent that yes, Neymar and Suarez seem to be getting alot of unfair criticism at certain times. However Neymar, Suarez and our midfielders really have to step up when Messi isn't at his usual best which happens very rarely however it does.

Leo_Messi

Real dont play better when Ronaldo is off form at all.

Of course this teams suffers more than Real though as Messi is the better player and is more integral to the system in far more aspects than Ronaldo.

It is a difficult balance - do you want more freedom for Neymar and Suarez and less importance on Messi so that when he plays poorly it has less of an impact?

Probably not.

They are surely able to cope better as a team whenever he is not playing or whenever he has an off-day than the other way around. There can be no doubt about that.

It's not down to that. it's down to a player like Suárez stepping up more whenever the team is in trouble. Likewise Neymar. We are talking about players of a very, very high quality. They should be able to carry the team to a bigger degree whenever Messi has his rare off-day (s). I don't see them doing this.

Messi had an obvious off-day today and I won't blame him for anything. Maybe it was a collective off-day?

It just pisses me off that today's game was a slightly better copy of the away game against Málaga. Frustrating to say the least.

JamDav1982

They are surely able to cope better as a team whenever he is not playing or whenever he has an off-day than the other way around. There can be no doubt about that.

It's not down to that. it's down to a player like Suárez stepping up more whenever the team is in trouble. Likewise Neymar. We are talking about players of a very, very high quality. They should be able to carry the team to a bigger degree whenever Messi has his rare off-day (s). I don't see them doing this.

Messi had an obvious off-day today and I won't blame him for anything. Maybe it was a collective off-day?

It just pisses me off that today's game was a slightly better copy of the away game against Málaga. Frustrating to say the least.

Neymar and Suarez have stepped up when Messi has had an off day and they have been involved in a lot of plays without him.

To get credit what do you want them to do? Score a goal or assist a goal that has no Messi involvement?

None of the front three stepped up today.

The excuses to get round a poor Messi performance rival anything that comes from Madrid and Ronaldo.

oggmar

Neymar and Suarez have stepped up when Messi has had an off day and they have been involved in a lot of plays without him.

The excuses to get round a poor Messi performance rival anything that comes from Madrid and Ronaldo.

I don't think anyone is arguing the fact Messi wasn't poor today? It's more so that on the few occasions he is indeed poor, Neymar and/or Suarez and a couple of other guys have to step up instead.

JamDav1982

I don't think anyone is arguing the fact Messi wasn't poor today? It's more so that on the few occasions he is indeed poor, Neymar and/or Suarez and a couple of other guys have to step up instead.

They have stepped up in lot of games where they havent relied on Messi and have played well in games Messi has played well in.

All three have been good past couple of months not just Messi.

Maybe Messi struggled today as Malaga defended so well. Maybe that same good defence hindered Neymar and Suarez also.

Its not just the case Messi was off and others should step up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans