10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

oggmar

They have stepped up in lot of games where they havent relied on Messi and have played well in games Messi has played well in.

All three have been good past couple of months not just Messi.

Maybe Messi struggled today as Malaga defended so well. Maybe that same good defence hindered Neymar and Suarez also.

Its not just the case Messi was off and others should step up.

Malaga defended really well I agree and it surely has merit to it, however it's worrying that as soon as Messi plays poorly due to good defense(and maybe/maybe not something else) our entire front three looks completely lackluster and on top of that our entire attack starting from our midfield.

Leo_Messi

Neymar and Suarez have stepped up when Messi has had an off day and they have been involved in a lot of plays without him.

To get credit what do you want them to do? Score a goal or assist a goal that has no Messi involvement?

None of the front three stepped up today.

The excuses to get round a poor Messi performance rival anything that comes from Madrid and Ronaldo.

When was that? I can only recall Suárez doing that away against Almería. In almost every other game Messi is the heart and soul of everything good that happens in the attack. He is most often the architect and builder (finisher).

Simple. Make their presence more felt. Where were Neymar and Suárez today for instance when Messi had an off-day? They disappeared alongside him. In fact Messi was creating more danger than both of them combined.

We are not talking about your average player but arguably 2 of the 5 best attackers in the world. The club spent almost 200 million euros to get them in total. Of course I will expect more.

There are no excuses. It's a factually correct observation. Of course there will be comparisons with RM and vice versa. I don't have to explain why that is, I presume?

JamDav1982

When was that? I can only recall Suárez doing that away against Almería. In almost every other game Messi is the heart and soul of everything good that happens in the attack. He is most often the architect and builder.

Simple. Make their presence more felt. Where was Neymar and Suárez today for instance when Messi had an off-day? They disappeared alongside him. In fact Messi was creating more danger than both of them.

We are not talking about your average player but arguably 2 of the 5 best attackers in the world. Who the club spent almost 200 million euros for in total. Of course I will expect more.

There are no excuses. It's a factually correct observation. Of course there will be comparison with RM and vice versa. I don't have to explain why that is, I presume?

What is a 'factual correct observation'?

Messi is the best of the front three but all three have contributed massively this season.

As I said you are giving Messi credit for every goal and every assist and not applying those rules to the other players.

All three played poorly and if Malaga are good enough to stop Messi then good luck to Suarez and Neymar who are given less freedom and importance than him.

Leo_Messi

What is a 'factual correct observation'?

Messi is the best of the front three but all three have contributed massively this season.

As I said you are giving Messi credit for every goal and every assist and not applying those rules to the other players.

All three played poorly and if Malaga are good enough to stop Messi then good luck to Suarez and Neymar who are given less freedom and importance than him.

What I wrote earlier regarding Messi's huge contribution to the team and RM (our main rival) being able to cope better with the absence of Ronaldo.

No, I am not. You are not reading what I am writing.

I am saying that I expect more from players of Suárez' and Neymar' stature whenever Messi has his rare off-day.

That's a very fair demand. That's why the club bought those two for a combined transfer fee of 200 million euros!

It was exactly to make the team better as a whole and lift the burden (a bit) from Messi's heavy shoulders.

JamDav1982

What I wrote earlier regarding Messi's huge contribution to the team and RM (our main rival) being able to cope better with the absence of Ronaldo.

No, I am not. You are not reading what I am writing.

I am saying that I expect more from players of Suárez' and Neymar' stature whenever Messi has his rare off-tray.

I said Real Madrid cope better with Ronaldo poor than Barca do when Messi poor . Partly because Ronaldo is inferior player and partly because he is not given such importance to the overall system in Madrid as Messi is in Barca.

But they still play worse when Ronaldo is poor.

I get that you are saying you expect more from Neymar and Suarez when Messi is off but I dont think it is as simple as that.

What support attacking players in world football do you think play well every time their main man is off form?

You seem to think Madrids support is so much better for Ronaldo as they play better without him... what Madrid players step up every time?

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Played far too deep. He either needs to stick to the right and drift inside or he needs to stay down the middle and let Suarez/Pedro stay wide instead. Today he was basically playing as CM meaning no one was offering anything down the right. That just meant Malaga could just pile down the centre of the pitch and block all of our central attacks.

The key against defensive teams is to stretch the pitch to allow more spaces for our players to utilise. We didn't do that today and part of it was Leos role today.

Stric

He was playing way too far from the opposition's goal. A forward can't do shit like that. Even if he does get a good chance, he still needs to pass through too much space to get to the goal.

M

matheusemp

People forget things way to easily, in the game vs real madeid away, neymar did the first goal all by himself, and after made a good assist that messi missed ..

MaxY

Devil May Cry
He was shit(last 45 minutes),ruined a few counterattacks with pointless dribbles. He seemed to always do 1 extra unnecessary move and he fell down too easily a few times.
I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't crying about the referees,they did some stupid offside calls. And holy shit,how many offsides did Suarez do today.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
He was shit(last 45 minutes),ruined a few counterattacks with pointless dribbles. He seemed to always do 1 extra unnecessary move and he fell down too easily a few times.
I'm kinda surprised you guys aren't crying about the referees,they did some stupid offside calls. And holy shit,how many offsides did Suarez do today.

What's the point? Crying about the ref will not change the result.

poldep

He was playing way too far from the opposition's goal. A forward can't do shit like that. Even if he does get a good chance, he still needs to pass through too much space to get to the goal.

He plays like that cuz our midfield is shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans