10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
I am pretty sure every other player loves playing football, but rest should be given, he cant be tired for the final lap of the season

He rests on the pitch anyway. When you have a player like him you don't upset him.

Give the book 'Messi' by Guillem Balague a read. Really good book.

hardyboy

tr6IUxM.gif

Dp0vFF8.gif

KRUB308.gif

XKhG5pD.gif

XqATAan.gif

Holly

He was really great last night, I simply loved watching him play (as usual I might add) but I feel so sorry for his missed penalty. What I hate about that the most is not the actual miss or even funny looking header, but the fact that there are people out there on the internet that actually think he is a lunatic because of his reaction to lay on the pitch for a couple of seconds and for straight walking off the pitch....I don't get these people; to me is it very obvious that he was very pissed and disappointed in himself and that is the exact reason why he reacted like he did...only human!

pacp_96

He was really great last night, I simply loved watching him play (as usual I might add) but I feel so sorry for his missed penalty. What I hate about that the most is not the actual miss or even funny looking header, but the fact that there are people out there on the internet that actually think he is a lunatic because of his reaction to lay on the pitch for a couple of seconds and for straight walking off the pitch....I don't get these people; to me is it very obvious that he was very pissed and disappointed in himself and that is the exact reason why he reacted like he did...only human!

Wouldn't surprise me if he had gone into the dressing room and cried. He's a winner and he would have felt that he let the team down even despite playing amazing for the rest of the match. That's what makes the greats great. They always strive for perfection and anything less they feel like they have let the team down.

Gnidrologist

Problem is that he doesn't want to rest. He wants to play every game because he loves playing football.
I wonder what sort of coach is needed to curb his ego. He needs to be put in the place from time to time regardless of how ubermenschy he is. Coaches being afraid to confront him is a bad omen. He isn't the FC Barcelona. He should learn some humility too despite being the best player Barca has ever had.

pacp_96

I wonder what sort of coach is needed to curb his ego. He needs to be put in the place from time to time regardless of how ubermenschy he is. Coaches being afraid to confront him is a bad omen. He isn't the FC Barcelona. He should learn some humility too despite being the best player Barca has ever had.

Its not anything to do with humility or an inflated ego. Even Pep understood that Messi had to be treated differently to other players. Partly because he isn't direct with his feelings because he is so introverted.

I'll find some quotes from the book later on. Really interesting to read. Definitely recommend it.

Gnidrologist

Yeah, i remember that video, where Pep tried to sub him and when Messi refused he was like :gap:
I don't think that's good for team. I love Messi play as much as possible as the next guy, but he should not be treated differently from other players when fitness is in question.
Even his usual pinpoint diagonal long balls were mostly off in both Malaga and City games. I wager it's because of him slowly burning out at this stage. Needs some calma for a time being.

Last edited:
L

linetty

Didn't look to me like he needed a rest. If anything, he's so pissed right now after that penaldo that he'd kill somebody off if Lucho benched him

Holly

Wouldn't surprise me if he had gone into the dressing room and cried. He's a winner and he would have felt that he let the team down even despite playing amazing for the rest of the match. That's what makes the greats great. They always strive for perfection and anything less they feel like they have let the team down.

Yep I wouldn't be surprised about that either. I wouldn't be surprised if he is having an awful day today still feeling like he let down everyone. Really interesting stuff that book about him from Ballague..gives you a good idea what he is all about and makes it easier to understand him (that is if we can do that without actually knowing him at all)

Messi_Goal

Just regarding the penalty.... Not because he missed last night but its common knowledge Messi is poor at penalty's... They must be a better penalty taker and Suarez should of absolutely took that penalty for hes hat-trick.... Very poor from Messi to not say here you go Luis you take the penalty for your hat-trick....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans