10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morten

is it just me or does it feel like whenever Messi loses the ball it almost always results in a quick goal against us?

copa del rey final 2011
cl semi final against chelsea
la liga round against almeria
and yesterday

these are the instances i remember but i'm sure there are other moments =D

There might be a few incidents, but someone has to lose the ball for the other team to attack and score, just happened to be him once in a while.Coincidenses.

Lomar1o

There might be a few incidents, but someone has to lose the ball for the other team to attack and score, just happened to be him once in a while.Coincidenses.

i dunno, i still have a strange feeling about it. it's like when the goal is scored after he is dispossessed it's always a quick goal involving maybe 3-4 passes maximum, 2-3 players maximum in 3-4 seconds maximum :DDD in short when messi loses the ball the goal is scored in an instant. of course goals are scored when others lose the ball too, but in messi's cases it's just too fast or something

doublehh03

Such a pity a brilliant match was deterred a little by a missed penalty. He had 10 freaking dribbles. One of his best of the year. Such a joy to watch Messi play even when he doesn't score. He does so much.

But hopefully he does score next match though.

Morten

i dunno, i still have a strange feeling about it. it's like when the goal is scored after he is dispossessed it's always a quick goal involving maybe 3-4 passes maximum, 2-3 players maximum in 3-4 seconds maximum :DDD in short when messi loses the ball the goal is scored in an instant. of course goals are scored when others lose the ball too, but in messi's cases it's just too fast or something

Then again, if Messi losing the ball results in a goal everytime you would be in big trouble. He might not lose it often, but he does from time to time.

Gaudi

Messi was great last night, so many runs, even defensive job was good.
Couldn't care less about penalty, at the end it could be good because now our team still has to "play" in return game.

serghei

Insane ball control, too bad he relaxed a bit too much in the 2nd, along with the rest of the team. He will score a couple at home against City.

DrPepper

Thinking about it, what I find strange is how Messi executes his penalties compared to his dribblings (or normal shots). In his penalty yesterday he simply looked at the ball and chose a corner, without looking to the keeper at any time. Whereas when he dribbles he always looks and waits for the opponent to slightly move to a direction so that he can move to the other.

Personally, I think penalties are much more about mental things rather than just placing a shot. Which is why Ronaldo or Balotelli are so great at it. Especially Balotelli who has his technique of waiting until the keeper moves to simply place it the other corner. And Ronaldo probably trains penalties a lot, since his team get so many of them. Makes sense.

What do they mean by recovered balls?

Maybe this one: http://www.fourfourtwo.com/statszon...r-stats/19054/2_ATTACK_05#tabs-wrapper-anchor

hardyboy

10437656_892654580758034_5867517529342673214_n.jpg

10917879_1402466280064037_1922926778493238264_n.jpg

Gnidrologist

Never mind the penalty. I still think Messi seems a bit tired and should have at least couple of weeks rest at some point if possible. The intensity we saw in some of the matches in that 11-0 run wasn't there for Malaga and neither against Manc. He wasn't bad (he is unable to), but was far from the best. Mostly his general un-involvement. Good thing Suarez showed up at the right time and right place.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Never mind the penalty. I still think Messi seems a bit tired and should have at least couple of weeks rest at some point if possible. The intensity we saw in some of the matches in that 11-0 run wasn't there for Malaga and neither against Manc. He wasn't bad (he is unable to), but was far from the best. Mostly his general un-involvement. Good thing Suarez showed up at the right time and right place.

Problem is that he doesn't want to rest. He wants to play every game because he loves playing football.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
That was so funny. :lol:

Messi just staring at the floor then just sneaking off Harts face as well :lol:

Play it in a slower speed and Harts face is priceless. :rofl1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans