10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

iniesta_8

Hate to say it, but:

Messi has now missed 5 of his last 10 penalties in all competitions for club and country including 4 of his last 7 for Barcelona. #MCFCB

Gnidrologist

Even more so, he has been abysmal with his free kicks. But for some reason it's unquestionable that he keeps taking it, despite the fact that Neymar and Rakitic has been much more clinical in these for few years now. Heck, even Mathieu took his only opportunity like a boss. Especially when total scrub of FKs like Xavi is constantly put as second contender. :(

Paganinisrvnge

He's still a good free kick taker just not been lucky recently. Rakitic should take more free kicks. No more Xavi free kicks ever again please. He hasn't scored one in like three years. Rakitic has taken like two and scored one.

adko

This must be painful :lol: About €18.000

messi_je_od_sinoc_najomrzeniji_lik_kladionicara_iz_bih_124751_154845_big.jpg

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He was amazing last night, penalty is a bummer and he should definitely practice shooting them to his left (all the ones he missed were shot to his right) but still, what a great player to watch, decisive as hell even with 0 goal & assist

L

linetty

Should have been taken like this one, i don't get how could he have fucked it up. Maybe it's for the better because he'll want to prove himself further, i sniff a brace in the return leg

Kerrybai

Yeah, i remember that video, where Pep tried to sub him and when Messi refused he was like :gap:
I don't think that's good for team. I love Messi play as much as possible as the next guy, but he should not be treated differently from other players when fitness is in question.
Even his usual pinpoint diagonal long balls were mostly off in both Malaga and City games. I wager it's because of him slowly burning out at this stage. Needs some calma for a time being.

Rest? He was everywhere last night, looked as fat as a fiddle compared to the player we saw last season. Certainly looks nothing like a player in need of rest after last nights game, in fact he looked like the teenager that originally came onto the scene years ago.

He should rest when he put some league team away early in a game, however he doesn't like coming off so Lucho will probably just leave him do his walking thing to save energy.

Just regarding the penalty.... Not because he missed last night but its common knowledge Messi is poor at penalty's... They must be a better penalty taker and Suarez should of absolutely took that penalty for hes hat-trick.... Very poor from Messi to not say here you go Luis you take the penalty for your hat-trick....

It's funny though, when he gave it to Neymar people said that Messi was wrong, but when he doesn't give it to Suarez people all say he's wrong :lol: Imagine if Suarez missed it, this thread would have been in meltdown.

Last edited:
L

linetty

I bet it doesn't only look like that but that he really was down in tears....he was so angry with himself for missing that penalty...
True that. I'm still sad over this too.

Glad he cares so much even after earning thousands daily.

L

linetty

@erMESSIdi

Most key passes in CL 14/15: Messi 25 Cesc 19 Koke 17

Most 'through ball' key passes in CL 14/15: Messi 5 Robben; Cesc 4 Alexis; Frei; Oscar; Lewandowski 3

Most successful dribbles in CL 14/15: Messi 47 Hazard 43 Hulk 34 Brahimi 29 Isco 27

Most shots (goals) in CL 14/15: Cristiano 50 (6) Messi 32 (8) Cavani 26 (6) Calhanoglu 24 (1) Nani 24 (4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans