10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vars

Banned
LOL at people giving advice to not only a PROFESSIONAL football player, but the GOAT.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Why don't you call Lio or L Enrique and tell them about your technique. I'm sure you could earn millions a year as a penalty coach. :worthy::worthy:

FFS I know this is the internet, but ST*U already.

His problem is 100% MENTAL. It happens to the best, not only in football but in every other sports.

When you start missing penalties it gets harder and harder because of all of the pressure. The goal becomes smaller and smaller, ant the keeper looks like a giant.

That's why he needs to keep taking all the penaltys until he gets his confidence back.

Last edited:

doublehh03

LOL at people giving advice to not only a PROFESSIONAL football player, but the GOAT.

:facepalm::facepalm:

Why don't you call Lio or L Enrique and tell them about your technique. I'm sure you could earn millions a year as a penalty coach. :worthy::worthy:

FFS I know this is the internet, but ST*U already.

His problem is 100% MENTAL. It happens to the best, not only in football but in every other sports.

When you start missing penalties it gets harder and harder because of all of the pressure. The goal becomes smaller and smaller, ant the keeper looks like a giant.

That's why he needs to keep taking all the penaltys until he gets his confidence back.

Lucho should have a penalty contest at the end of each training.

L

linetty

:lol: Well summed up. It's not like he needs practice, I think it's more of a psychological thing. It shouldn't be though, considering he's a very experienced player, but I refuse to believe he can't take a penalty well just because he doesn't practice enough, I mean, it's Messi.

Papabeef

Agreed 100%,

Its anything but shot accuracy, Messi did not magically "unlearn" how to place a shot.

People asking for Suarez, Neymar, Rakitic..etc to take them instead, dont know the possible repercussions that can result to the confidence of our most important player ever, AND is not a certain upgrade in penalty chances, Messi had years where he was incredible from the spot, its both, a guessing game and a precision game at the same time, a player needs to be good at precision and Messi obviously is there, even if some this season were not as good as other seasons, as for the guessing game, you need mostly luck for that (same thing for the opponent (keeper))

iniesta_8

When Messi took the penalties under Guardiola, I always thought he could look out the keeper. At least 95% he found the empty side of the goal. Why can't he do that anymore?

Ursegor

World Champion
When Messi took the penalties under Guardiola, I always thought he could look out the keeper. At least 95% he found the empty side of the goal. Why can't he do that anymore?

Because everyone knows how he takes penalties by now. If they are clever goalkeepers don't dive in early anymore for Messi to pick the empty side. Only solution is to revisit his penalty style, pick a corner and smash it instead of trying to send the keeper the wrong way.

Caps

375-messi%20living%20legend.jpg

Blatini? :lol:

LordLichtenstein

Our front 3 has now scored a total of 80 goals this season. Impressive, considering that:

Suárez was out for 4 months, not in form, seemed to have no confidence and had to adjust to a new team.
Neymar had to come back from a 'broken back' and got subbed all the time, in the first half of the season.
Messi had a "slow" start to the season.

Wonder how many goals they will end up scoring next season. 120+ ?

Last edited:

Ursegor

World Champion
Our front 3 has now scored a total of 80 goals this season. Impressive, considering that:

Suárez was out for 4 months, not in form, seemed to have no confidence and had to adjust to a new team.
Neymar had to come back from a 'broken back' and got subbed all the time, in the first half of the season.
Messi had a "slow" start to the season.

Wonder how many goals they will end up scoring next season. 120+ ?

Do you have the updated version (post Rayo game) of Messi vs. Suarez vs. Neymar vs. Ronaldo picture which you had posted a few days ago?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans