10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

"Leo doesn’t need to play a fantastic match in order to score 3 goals. He is worth watching whether he scores or not. He had one of the best matches I’ve seen against Manchester City and he couldn’t score. When he gets the ball, you know something is going to happen. He’s the only one who has this ability to draw everyone. We are talking about someone who can do something different with the ball at his feet."

- Mascherano on Messi, interview with Barca TV.

BerkeleyBernie

I wonder why Xavi doesn't simply touch the ball to Messi in this situation and let him dribble to goal. Look at that space, tons more than he usually sees that close to goal.

barca-free-kick-rayo.jpg

NotInHere

Like a member in here said, if Leo shot the ball with power to the sides 9 out 10 times it would go in, Messi could be an excellent penalty taker because first of all he's a lefty, second of all the precision his left has with the ball is amazing, some times he has brain farts though, and they are happening quite often this season, as far as penalty taking is concerned. Hopefully we see Messi shooting the ball with power and to the sides from now on.

Quiet but devastating game from the wee genius .

Question, would anyone like to see him take a penalty in the last minute against Real ?

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
Good for him that he got to re-take that penalty because it was atrocious... he really needs to work on them.
5/8 penalties missed until he scored.

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Like a member in here said, if Leo shot the ball with power to the sides 9 out 10 times it would go in, Messi could be an excellent penalty taker because first of all he's a lefty, second of all the precision his left has with the ball is amazing, some times he has brain farts though, and they are happening quite often this season, as far as penalty taking is concerned. Hopefully we see Messi shooting the ball with power and to the sides from now on.

I'm a lefty. Someone get Braida on the phone and I'll push the dictator of the ball and get us some easy Penaldos :pep:

Seriously though, like you said he just needs to hit them with power and he'd have a much better conversion rate.

G

Gasgas

Just let Suarez take the penalties, his penalties are very good and hard to save like those of vidal and lampard

NotInHere

I'm a lefty. Someone get Braida on the phone and I'll push the dictator of the ball and get us some easy Penaldos :pep:

Seriously though, like you said he just needs to hit them with power and he'd have a much better conversion rate.
He'd be up there in the 90's no doubt in my mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans