10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
CApUvd5XIAAQGqH.jpg:large

L

linetty

That question means nothing. It's not fair to compare a current footballer with a long retired one. Probably a big part of those who watched Pele play are dead now. Let Messi retire and after 40 years have passed, ask the same question between Messi and a huge footballer from 2045-2050. I reckon most people would vote for that footballer from 2045. It's just how it works, you are most attached to the player you grew up watching. My father says nobody will ever be like Maradona, I say the same thing about Messi, and my kids will probably say the same about some great player from the future.
Yeah. Probably. But I thought the fact that majority voted for an Argentine is interesting.

Vars

Banned
The photo on the left is Photoshopped.

This is Messi in the WC on 15 Jun 2014:

n-MESSI-large.jpg

Not only he has visible six-pack, he's ripped as F*CK.

And how do I know the picture above is real? Because i watched the damn game. And I have watched 99% of last season and this season Barça's games, and i don't need some random fake picture to know that Messi was not fat.

Stop trolling.

L

linetty

There's no need to prove anything... He probably lost some weight recently but he was never overweight.

All this rubbish talk caused by a shitty photo comparision. Me disappoint.

Stric

That left photo a few pages back that everyone's talking about doesn't even need to be photoshopped. The angle, the way his shirt is hanging in the air in that particular moment, the lighting, his posture, and about a billion other factors contribute to how (fat) he looks. Something as innocent as inhaling vs exhaling at a particular moment can make a huge difference in a photo, especially combined with all those other factors.

What happened here is that whichever news site it was that wanted to emphasize him losing weight recently, probably scrolled through hundreds of photos of him from last season, and cherrypicked the one which kinda made him look bigger than he is now. That's all it is.

Last edited:

Lomar1o

That left photo a few pages back that everyone's talking about doesn't even need to be photoshopped. The angle, the way his shirt is hanging in the air in that particular moment, the lighting, his posture, and about a billion other factors contribute to how (fat) he looks. Something as innocent as inhaling vs exhaling at a particular moment can make a huge difference in a photo, especially combined with all those other factors.

exactly. i also do not think that it's shopped, it's just a very misleading photo specifically picked to cause commotion. messi might've lost weight now but no way in hell he was overweight last season

Stric

The only time I can think of when he looked a maybe a bit "fatter", so to say, is in 2012-2013. To me his face looks a bit chubbier than it is now, but then again, that's probably more influenced by temporary bloating from whatever he ate that day or the day before, and not a major difference in weight or body fat percentage.

Although I think I recall him losing weight the summer after that season, as well. While he was recovering from his injury.

iRRUVkzBIlyeS.gif

doublehh03

Messi most likely acknowledged to himself that his form dropped a little, and he basically was motivated to regain the form. It is most likely a combination of things that lead to his current form (more rigorous training, better diet and so on).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans