10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Can't blame him for the 1st half, as the whole team was shit. 2nd half was much better, could have had 2-3 assists. I also think he was a little bit tired from the City game.

dakt

1st half he was far from the ball. We were mostly playing on the left for God know what reason.
2nd half, master got back to the middle and the show started.

We are too depended on Messi.

DinhoR10

1st half he was far from the ball. We were mostly playing on the left for God know what reason.
2nd half, master got back to the middle and the show started.

We are too depended on Messi.

Its not even that we're too dependent on Messi to do everything imo. Our other players can create things but they only seem to be able to do it when Messi is playing well. His form IS barca's form atm.

Stric

Even though he didn't score, seeing him toy around with RM players almost like he did against City is joyous in its own right. :wub:

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
He did alright... Our play was inexplicably weighted to the left flank, but once he got the ball he made things happen...

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Even though he didn't score, seeing him toy around with RM players almost like he did against City is joyous in its own right. :wub:

Damn right! He freaking toy'ed with them! I'm just worried we're to dependent on him...

doublehh03

Messi simply needs touches. He couldn't get the ball b/c our mid-field was non-existent in the first half. He moved back more towards the center mid-field and got the ball more and thus more involved, and we attacked more as we got more possession.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
His 2nd half was awesome. Not quite the level as against City but he harassed their players, won fouls, and positioned himself absolutely perfectly to start attacking plays and create several chances. Overall I'd say it wasn't a top level performance from Messi but still one of the most dangerous attackers on the pitch. Even though he wasn't at his best, it still goes to show how good he is that his performance on an off-day outdid Neymar, Ronaldo, and Bale while being on the same caliber as Suarez/Benzema.

doublehh03

His 2nd half was awesome. Not quite the level as against City but he harassed their players, won fouls, and positioned himself absolutely perfectly to start attacking plays and create several chances. Overall I'd say it wasn't a top level performance from Messi but still one of the most dangerous attackers on the pitch. Even though he wasn't at his best, it still goes to show how good he is that his performance on an off-day outdid Neymar, Ronaldo, and Bale while being on the same caliber as Suarez/Benzema.

And he was the most heavily marked player on the pitch. There were times when 4 players surrounded him immediately when he touched the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans