10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

I'm guessing he was suffering from fatigue? As good as he was in the second-half, the incredible explosiveness that we saw against City wasn't there.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'm guessing he was suffering from fatigue? As good as he was in the second-half, the incredible explosiveness that we saw against City wasn't there.

It's the only explanation. And I think the team knew as well, which is why he wasn't really involved until the second half so that he could use what energy he had against a tired Madrid instead of going all out from the start.

BarcaGirl

Gary Lineker:

"Never mind Messi's goal scoring records. Never mind that Messi's the best dribbler ever. Messi's also the best passer the game's ever seen."

"For those of you saying I'm up Messi's arse, can I say what a wonderful arse it is." :lol:

Caps

Garys right. When I say he's the greatest all round passer I've seen people sssh me, because it seems like we're going too far. But he really is THAT good. Passing, dribbling, touch, control... He isn't just a trickster, a goalscorer or a playmaker... He is literally amazing or the best at everything past DM. He is the most perfect player the game will ever have.

BerkeleyBernie

Messi simply needs touches. He couldn't get the ball b/c our mid-field was non-existent in the first half. He moved back more towards the center mid-field and got the ball more and thus more involved, and we attacked more as we got more possession.

This. Messi got no service because of the tunnel vision of Mascherano and Mathieu, and Neymar unwilling (or turtle-speed brain) to recirculate the ball to Iniesta to switch play. Rakitic was no help offensively as well.

Once Busi replaced Rakitic, and then Xavi on, it was a different story.

CatalinR10

CAvOsO0WYAA7HfX.jpg:large

Are they going somewhere or ?

bismp

So...will he travel to Argentina for the international break?I wish he stayed at Barcelona to relax a little bit..We have many important matches ahead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans