10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Flavia

You do realize that he still has to take a plane home no matter how long he stays in the states, right? Where is the extra unnecessary risk?

You are making a big deal out of nothing and looking only at the negative aspect, where there are so many other things in play besides money.

He is the Argentinian NT captain and needs to be there unless hes injured and need to start treatment.

The risk was afa choosing to go to usa, in the 1st place. Even cbf has realized it by now, and played their friendlies in europe, where most players live and play.

I'm sorry if I'm worried about Messi. He got that knock against rm, a game that happened 8 days ago. Eight days. And his foot is still swollen and he still has pain. He's not training with the team or will play, and served under Tata for a whole season. He should be back already. There's nothing for him to do there, but fullfill afa contracts.

JamDav1982

I still don't think he is nearly as injured as they are making out, but Argentina are resting him to the benefit of them and Barca.

Barca letting Messi go lets both Messi and the Argentina FA save a bit of face in these friendlies.

Juts my opinion but feels like there has been a bit of a compromise where Messi goes to USA virtually for a rest and doesn't play.

Vars

Banned
The risk was afa choosing to go to usa, in the 1st place. Even cbf has realized it by now, and played their friendlies in europe, where most players live and play.

It is not the first time they play in the states. If Messi was fine, you wouldn't be complaining so much. And CBF is as corrupt and greedy as AFA or even more. So AFA chooses USA for the money and CBF europe because they care about their players? Are you serious?

I'm sorry if I'm worried about Messi.

We all want the best for Messi and Barça.

He got that knock against rm, a game that happened 8 days ago. Eight days. And his foot is still swollen and he still has pain. He's not training with the team or will play, and served under Tata for a whole season. He should be back already. There's nothing for him to do there, but fullfill afa contracts.

You keep repeating yourself about the money and the contracts but that is not the only reason he is in the states. And catalan press seems to agree with this point. As I said before, there other things in play other than the money or contracts:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/por-que-regresa-leo-messi-barcelona-4062900

F

Flavia

It is not the first time they play in the states. If Messi was fine, you wouldn't be complaining so much. And CBF is as corrupt and greedy as AFA or even more. So AFA chooses USA for the money and CBF europe because they care about their players? Are you serious?

We all want the best for Messi and Barça.

You keep repeating yourself about the money and the contracts but that is not the only reason he is in the states. And catalan press seems to agree with this point. As I said before, there other things in play other than the money or contracts:

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/por-que-regresa-leo-messi-barcelona-4062900

I'm not talking about being corrupt or not. All fa's are. Just that they are showing a bit of change regarding that. They didn't take the players far away this time.
Sport also agrees with me in their last paragraph. Their version in english for that is even better. Money is not the only reason, but it's ths strongest one. He could had come back after the game vs el salvador. But he has to stay for the game vs ecuador, of the afa loses money.

JamDav1982

I'm not talking about being corrupt or not. All fa's are. Just that they are showing a bit of change regarding that. They didn't take the players far away this time.
Sport also agrees with me in their last paragraph. Their version in english for that is even better. Money is not the only reason, but it's ths strongest one. He could had come back after the game vs el salvador. But he has to stay for the game vs ecuador, of the afa loses money.

Why do they lose money?

Most of the deals etc that Barcelona/Argentina make when playing these games have a drop in fee if Messi doesn't play. Not sure what difference it makes in Messi being there but not playing?

Ticket sales maybe but normally the fee is paid regardless of the attendance I think.

F

Flavia

Why do they lose money?

Most of the deals etc that Barcelona/Argentina make when playing these games have a drop in fee if Messi doesn't play. Not sure what difference it makes in Messi being there but not playing?

Ticket sales maybe but normally the fee is paid regardless of the attendance I think.

The way it's put, Messi has to be there. For advertising, or something of the sort. Otherwise he'd be sent back already, as Alba was.

JamDav1982

The way it's put, Messi has to be there. For advertising, or something of the sort. Otherwise he'd be sent back already, as Alba was.

Alba is genuinely injured though and missing the next 10 days.

Still seems to me that Messi is not so badly injured he cant play and Barca/Argentina have met a compromise for him to get some rest.

If he was given time off as couldn't train properly he would probably headed back to Argentina anyway!

F

Flavia

Good pic of hie leg tattoo:
CBWGYJfWoAE4y8M.jpg:large

Alba is genuinely injured though and missing the next 10 days.

Still seems to me that Messi is not so badly injured he cant play and Barca/Argentina have met a compromise for him to get some rest.

If he was given time off as couldn't train properly he would probably headed back to Argentina anyway!

Argentina? Doubt it. Players only had 3 days off. He'd be under treatment and recovering, anyway.

JamDav1982

Argentina? Doubt it. Players only had 3 days off. He'd be under treatment and recovering, anyway.

Maybe not but I still don't think he is injured and it was proven he was Barca would have flown him home.

I don't buy that he is seriously injured enough that he has no chance of playing but Argentina are keeping him there.

Messi and Barca could have him home if he was.

Vars

Banned
Maybe not but I still don't think he is injured and it was proven he was Barca would have flown him home.

I don't buy that he is seriously injured enough that he has no chance of playing but Argentina are keeping him there.

Messi and Barca could have him home if he was.

My thought exactly.

He is in the states because it wont make any difference were he stays.

Stric

He still has to fly back at some point. In fact, if his foot is still swollen, it's better for him to travel later, when it is possibly less swollen. Besides, a transatlantic flight is not that big of an issue, especially when travelling first class. And a flight like that is only about 2 hours longer than a flight from Barcelona to Qatar, for instance, but I doubt many people would see that flight as an issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans