10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

bismp

If you think about it,he doesn't score at big matches anymore,which is kind of alarming.IF we eventually win the treble,none will be saying "this was messi's success",which is not ideal for his legacy.OF COURSE I WANT US TO WIN THE TREBLE,I AM JUST SAYING THAT I WOULD WANT HIM TO SCORE MORE IN BIG MATCHES.Anyway,against PSG,MC,Real and Atleti it is:
Messi 3
Ney 5
Suarez 7
iirc

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
Played good. Shame he hit the post and a shame his misfired a shot after darting through 4 or 5 players.

Kerrybai

If you think about it,he doesn't score at big matches anymore,which is kind of alarming.IF we eventually win the treble,none will be saying "this was messi's success",which is not ideal for his legacy.OF COURSE I WANT US TO WIN THE TREBLE,I AM JUST SAYING THAT I WOULD WANT HIM TO SCORE MORE IN BIG MATCHES.Anyway,against PSG,MC,Real and Atleti it is:
Messi 3
Ney 5
Suarez 7
iirc

Its not alarming at all, we are winning the big games when he doesn't score, that is the opposite of alarming.

StarLord

Messi 3
Ney 5
Suarez 7
iirc

That is precisely the reason why we spent almost 200m euros on Neymar and Suarez. Against big opponents, Messi has to drop deep so that opposition players are drawn to him and chances created for our two lesser (but still mega) attacking stars.

Having a declining Villa, a lackadaisical Ibra, a limited Pedro and a misfiring Sanchez next to Messi cost us a few CL titles in recent years.

I full well realize that this situation is not so great for Messi's ego, but it is great for the club. I would be just as happy if we won the CL with Messi not scoring a single goal and Suarez/Neymar getting braces in each of the upcoming games. A team's mission is to win games, not having particular players score the goals. Hell, let's win in Berlin with a Pique header, another Mathieu header and a Busquets toe-poke, or a Messi hat-trick. I would be jizzing my pants either way.

StarLord

vvsvsv.png

This table would have been even more awesome if we had just taken a fraction of our chances in the two legs versus Man City and the final half hour against Real Madrid.

But still, lots of games for all three of them to score in still.

dakt

There's nothing he could have done more yesterday beside scoring. Sometimes you just need luck. They way he celebrated goals with his teammates, no envy in his eyes at all.
People are asking too much of him, but as long as we are making the progress as team, it's because Leo is hugely involved.

Morten

He did fairly well yesterday, still dont think he had a great performance as some would say. Not because he didnt get a goal, i thought he misplaced many passes he usually nails, was relatively quiet for the most part though he did have moments of briliance.

Kerrybai

He did fairly well yesterday, still dont think he had a great performance as some would say. Not because he didnt get a goal, i thought he misplaced many passes he usually nails, was relatively quiet for the most part though he did have moments of briliance.

He is struggling to hit just pre injury form, blood Fifa breaks are a nightmare.

L

linetty

He was brilliant imo. Seemed a bit isolated at times and the luck wasn't on his side though.

L

linetty

Really cant understand why some think so, but ok.
Set up the crucial opening goal and was key in the build up (as usual). Some nice dribblings here and there, a shame the ball couldn't find its way to him in the box as I really wanted him to score.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans