10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dakt

Imo tattoos are bloody stupid, never get why so many are fascinated by it. Wth would you want a tatoo of anything on your freaking forehead? Well, to each his own.

Come on....even as RM fan, you must admit that you would allow Messi to sing his name on your forehead!? :D

Morten

Come on....even as RM fan, you must admit that you would allow Messi to sing his name on your forehead!? :D

Would be hard to say no, i admit, but no way will i have a tattoo on my forehead. He could do it on my arm or something, which is covered by clothes most of the time :messi:

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Would be hard to say no, i admit, but no way will i have a tattoo on my forehead. He could do it on my arm or something, which is covered by clothes most of the time :messi:

Would you let Ronaldo sign your.........................you know....

RM shirt :neymar:

LordLichtenstein

Go back a few pages in the Ronaldo thread and you will see our discussion on it.
Thanks :) It is funny to me how sceptic people are of Messi's scoring abilities in his 30's, to be honest, I am expecting him to score a lot of goals in his 30's

Currently has 445, and I am expecting him to end the season with 460.

Incl. NT*

28: 2015/16 - 60 goals (520)
29: 2016/17 - 50 goals (570)
30: 2017/18 - 50 goals (620)
31: 2018/19 - 40 goals (660)
32: 2019/20 - 40 goals (700)
33: 2020/21 - 30 goals (730)
34: 2021/22 - 20 goals (750)
35: 2022/23 - 20 goals (770)
36: 2023/24 - 15 goals (785)
37: 2024/25 - 15 goals (800)

If he doesn't get injured, or at least a long term injury, then I don't see him ending his career with less than 750-800 goals.

Kerrybai

^ I agree with your sentiment but there are too many unknowns, for example last season he had just 41 goals due to injury. That can easily happen again. He could also lost penalty duties as he goes into his 30's which will knock off 7-8 goals a season.

LordLichtenstein

^ I agree with your sentiment but there are too many unknowns, for example last season he had just 41 goals due to injury. That can easily happen again. He could also lost penalty duties as he goes into his 30's which will knock off 7-8 goals a season.
Like many others, I also believe his "injury" last season stemmed from his extreme desire to win the World Cup, hopefully this won't happen again in 2018 ;p

As long he stays injury free, which he tends to do, then he will be alright and keep scoring loads of goals for us.

LordLichtenstein

Does anyone have something similar to this just with Ronaldo's stats? It would be funny to compare the two this way. No age difference.

ddvafaf.png

NotInHere

For some reason I get the feeling Lio's scoring will drop, I don't vision him scoring 50 goals a season anymore, he is going to evolve into a midfielder sooner then we expect, idk just the feeling I get watching him nowadays, he just seems to be more willing to sacrifise his offensive game to help out the team in their build-up plays.

doublehh03

For some reason I get the feeling Lio's scoring will drop, I don't vision him scoring 50 goals a season anymore, he is going to evolve into a midfielder sooner then we expect, idk just the feeling I get watching him nowadays, he just seems to be more willing to sacrifise his offensive game to help out the team in their build-up plays.

It depends. If our midfield continues to struggle a lot of the times, he will most likely evolve into a midfielder sooner than later. He will still score, but won't be as much as he could if he stayed up front more.

Depends on if we get any big signings (Pogba??).

LordLichtenstein

Well, I don't believe that will be the case. Yes, as of late (this season) Messi has been dropping deep very much, but that is only because of the incompetence of our midfield this season, there is simply not enough creativity, so he has to drop deep to start almost every attack. I am sure he is annoyed by this, which is why he will probably welcome 1 or 2 new midfielders in the near future.

LordLichtenstein

Aren't the last 123 and 107 supposed to be green too since it's Messi's number that is superior ?

Other than that, great chart Licht, thanx for putting this together :)
I am sorry to tell you this, but I have found an error. I am missing 3 goals from Ronaldo, which I am currently sorting out, but it takes time.

Morten

I am sorry to tell you this, but I have found an error. I am missing 3 goals from Ronaldo, which I am currently sorting out, but it takes time.

Very nice work, dont mean to sound ungrateful or anything, but i think it would have been easier to read if Ronaldos statistics have been set up in the same way as Messi. With Age first.
But no big deal :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans