10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
The context of that Jorge Messi quote to L'Equipe. Nothing has changed.

Jorge Messi, Lionel Messi's father and agent, insists that the Barcelona star is not thinking about leaving the club.

Big spending Paris Saint Germain are widely reported to be hoping to prise him away from the Camp Nou in the summer.

However, Messi has never shown any inclination of wanting to leave Barca and his father insists that he is not looking to leave the Catalan giants.

"I have heard about those rumours and I don't know where it came from," Jorge Messi told L'Equipe when asked about PSG's reported interested.

"There is nothing so far. Lionel is a Barcelona player, where he is under contract for several years [until 2018].

"It is an honour to know PSG could think about him. But I repeat it is not a subject we want to think about now.

"The only reality is his contract with Barca. I don't know what we are talking about when people talk about a transfer here or there. We don't want to think about anything, neither Paris nor any other team."

Messi senior admits that nothing is certain in football, but he does not envisage any move.

"Can I assure Messi will play at Barca next season? He is under contract. Then in Football, you know we never know what can happen.

"I don't know what will be tomorrow made of. Only God knows."

Messi, 26, has played 400 games for Barcelona since coming through their youth academy after joining their youth academy at 13.

CatalinR10

Maradona: "Messi or Ronaldo? Messi is better. Because he was injured, Cristiano deserved the Ballon d'Or, but Messi is just better." [bein]

traitor :coffee:

NotInHere

Maradona: "Messi or Ronaldo? Messi is better. Because he was injured, Cristiano deserved the Ballon d'Or, but Messi is just better." [bein]

traitor :coffee:
Ronaldo did deserve it though, I mean either him or Ribery, it was up to those two. If Leo hadn't gotten injured, he would have won it again.

CatalinR10

Malaga is the team against which Messi has the best record in the Spanish league: 10 games, 10 wins, 10 goals #fcblive [via marca]

NotInHere

Leo was so unlucky today, he almost scored that goal but it went a little bit too far from the right post. Guys, I know Leo hasn't played terrible by any means, actually, he has involved his teammates pretty well, but is it just me or he really hasn't looked like the old Leo, the magic Leo, since his comeback? the only games I recall ever seeing Leo look like the dominant force he was, was the first match against Getafe when he came back, even though he only played 10 mins, or was it more? He looked amazing. That version was the best player in the World, bar none. Don't know if anybody feels like this?

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I'm not worried about Messi - overall awesome, but he doesn't get into scoring positions yet. But as long as we win I'm more than fine :)

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Leo was so unlucky today, he almost scored that goal but it went a little bit too far from the right post. Guys, I know Leo hasn't played terrible by any means, actually, he has involved his teammates pretty well, but is it just me or he really hasn't looked like the old Leo, the magic Leo, since his comeback? the only games I recall ever seeing Leo look like the dominant force he was, was the first match against Getafe when he came back, even though he only played 10 mins, or was it more? He looked amazing. That version was the best player in the World, bar none. Don't know if anybody feels like this?
Wait until Iniesta and Neymar are back so there are actually someone that have the ability to create a good chance for Messi before you jump to conclusions. Fabregas was bad today and Alexis' passing is just awful at times.

Kerrybai

We get 2 versions of Messi, the one who plays at 100% and the one who does just enough to win games. When the team is struggling he steps up to another level and we see all his magic but in most games we don't need him at his best.

The goal he scored away against Getafe was pure magic, in fact since he has returned he has scored 2 wonderful goals. His second assist to Tello against Levante was magic too. I think it's easy to watch him do things nowadays and not be amazed as it has become so routine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans