10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamDav1982

Wait until Iniesta and Neymar are back so there are actually someone that have the ability to create a good chance for Messi before you jump to conclusions. Fabregas was bad today and Alexis' passing is just awful at times.

I am pretty sure that Fabregas creates more chances for Messi than any other Barca player.

NotInHere

Wait until Iniesta and Neymar are back so there are actually someone that have the ability to create a good chance for Messi before you jump to conclusions. Fabregas was bad today and Alexis' passing is just awful at times.
Not really jumping to conclusions, you can't really deny Leo is not his best version right now, and I don't doubt that he'll be once the team is complete, just pointing out that right now, Leo is not his best version, which we don't need right now anyways, were winning.

NotInHere

We get 2 versions of Messi, the one who plays at 100% and the one who does just enough to win games. When the team is struggling he steps up to another level and we see all his magic but in most games we don't need him at his best.

The goal he scored away against Getafe was pure magic, in fact since he has returned he has scored 2 wonderful goals. His second assist to Tello against Levante was magic too. I think it's easy to watch him do things nowadays and not be amazed as it has become so routine.
Pretty much, you said it perfectly. Leo has set the bar so high for himself, that when he doesn't play up to his best, you have bozos like me, not being satisfied:

aki13

This shows how awesome Leo is generally but despite creating 2 goals for the team, I don't enjoy his withdrawn role. I want "Beast Leo" back. He seems less involved and I worry it will effect his World Cup and rest of this season our games v Manchester City, we need best player in the world Leo.

I know some of you will have a go at me, but that's just how I feel.

frog-fcb

maybe messi is getting fed up with goal records this year and is working on his assists and all round game for a bit instead a scoring the goals hes making them

Mitchell1978

This shows how awesome Leo is generally but despite creating 2 goals for the team, I don't enjoy his withdrawn role. I want "Beast Leo" back. He seems less involved and I worry it will effect his World Cup and rest of this season our games v Manchester City, we need best player in the world Leo.

He played well but i agree. He's out best finisher by far, he should be in scoring chances more often.

Maria

I can accept the fact that it will take a while for him to be at his best again(after all, we have been expectting Iniesta for about a year right now), but sometimes I get very frustrated by the fact that he doesn'y pass when he should..not to mention that his off the ball movements are sometimes inexistent(and for that we can't blame Xavi or Iniesta&Neymar's injuries).

NotInHere

maybe messi is getting fed up with goal records this year and is working on his assists and all round game for a bit instead a scoring the goals hes making them
That's the mindset that a near 30 old Leo should have, why not do what his truly capable while he can? His best version is the always-looking-to-score player, and leaving his teammates alone when he leaves everyone behind.

Kerrybai

Funnily enough I think it will benefit his world cup chances. For Argentina he plays more or less as an attacking midfielder... come to think of it could it be possible that Messi is playing a more withdrawn role in preparation for the world cup? :lol:

Maria

Then he should also try to move more without the ball and help the team in defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans