10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stric

You can say what you want, and I'm not trolling, but if Neymar really asked him to take the penalty, it's a borderline asshole move on his part. He's putting a teammate in an awkward position and he really shouldn't be doing that. And yes, the Pichichi matters. So does the Ballon d'Or. Everything matters. In any case, cheers to Messi for being the bigger man, but ultimately, the Pichichi and the Ballon d'Or will be remembered by the general public, and Messi's selfless act will be forgotten by the end of the week.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
You can say what you want, and I'm not trolling, but if Neymar really asked him to take the penalty, it's a borderline asshole move on his part. He's putting a teammate in an awkward position and he really shouldn't be doing that. And yes, the Pichichi matters. So does the Ballon d'Or. Everything matters. In any case, cheers to Messi for being the bigger man, but ultimately, the Pichichi and the Ballon d'Or will be remembered by the general public, and Messi's selfless act will be forgotten by the end of the week.

If you check a couple pages back I said the same, that i'd be a bit mad with neymar if this was what really happened (there is no proof of that, as of yet), I also care about the pichichi and BO, but that's no reason to be calling neymar names or messi an idiot.

That was the problem avec marie antoinette, other than that, everyone's entitled to his opinion.

mark1nhu

Doesn't seem to me that Neymar asked to take the penalty.

But I really don't care if he did.

They are friends.

I can ask those type of things to my closest friends. They can ask me too.

Leo_Messi

My theory is that Messi wanted gave Neymar the penalty in return for "stealing" the goal earlier.

Or just to let a otherwise poorly performing Neymar score a goal as well and help keep the harmony in the squad intact. We not only need Messi to perform at a high level against Bayern but key players such as Neymar and Suárez as well.

This might be an indifferent gesture some would argue but Neymar like any other young attacker needs all the confidence he can get and goals often give you just that.

It was a good gesture that showed the harmony within the squad.

Stric

Doesn't seem to me that Neymar asked to take the penalty.

But I really don't care if he did.

They are friends.

I can ask those type of things to my closest friends. They can ask me too.

Again, there's an "if" in there. And either way, Messi decided to do it, so good for him, and there's less point in discussing it. But since you're making the comparison, I have to say, you and your friends aren't running for a prestigious award that would put you in the headlines of all European sports media. It's not a fair analogy, you have nothing at stake.

anguy

Neymar should take all penalties anyway. Messi's conversion rate is quite poor. The same about FKs from left side.

mark1nhu

Again, there's an "if" in there. And either way, Messi decided to do it, so good for him, and there's less point in discussing it. But since you're making the comparison, I have to say, you and your friends aren't running for a prestigious award that would put you in the headlines of all European sports media. It's not a fair analogy, you have nothing at stake.

I have delayed a new car buying to help a really close friend.

That same friend already did something similar for me.

Some people just put friendship above personal achievement.

Messi really looks like one of them.

dakt

Good observation Stric. If that is truth, that is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans