10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leo_Messi

I have delayed a new car buying to help a really close friend.

That same friend already did something similar for me.

Some people just put friendship above personal achievement.

Messi really looks like one of them.

What are personal achievements worth if you have nobody to share them with or very few? Not much most would argue.

Team chemistry and the goals of the team > personal records. Always.

Let CR7 win the Pichichi again. Every time he does that RM end the season pretty much empty handed. The exception was last season but that was limited to the CL.

mark1nhu

Neymar should take all penalties anyway. Messi's conversion rate is quite poor. The same about FKs from left side.

Please no.

He is mature, but still a very young player.

No need to put so much pressure on him. Haters don't deserve this opportunity.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Users complain about Marca etc. but our own fans in here start to spread some bullshit rumors about personal relations of players and stuff like that. I cannot believe what I am reading here.

frog-fcb

So what if neymar asked messi can he take the penalty. We were well ahead in the game it was messis way of making up for stealing neymars tap in. In terms of going for the golden boot messi will pick up more goals and more than likely neymar will set them up.for him. The team is all happy at the minute sharing the goals

footyfan

Calma, calma
His scoring record in the CL semi-finals is so poor. Besides that one game at the Bernabeu, he has 0 goals in 11 games at this stage of the competition.

NeyGOAT and Luisito pls.

Ritchie

His scoring record in the CL semi-finals is so poor. Besides that one game at the Bernabeu, he has 0 goals in 11 games at this stage of the competition.

NeyGOAT and Luisito pls.

He's jinxed against Chelsea and wasn't fit for that Bayern semi. Those Bernabeu goals won that tie.

Hasn't helped that he's sometimes looked shattered at this stage of the season. Hopefully we can get two big performances from him in this tie. I think we'll need him more next week because that's where it'll be decided (save for a 4-0-type scoreline like last time).

Egert

Estonian Culé
Didn't score in the knockout stages at the WC and won't score in the UCL. He doesn't like to score in these rounds anymore :(

Morten

Just curious, you see many great players announcing their dream teams, has Messi come out with one yet? Just thought it would be interesting to see.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Wow, Messi giving the press conference ?
Barcelona is IN on the mind games Bayern has been playing ... good :)

Last time he spoke was before the Clasico.. and I can't remember the one before, these are (very) rare events.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
Marca said:
Lionel Messi is the butterfly effect. The Argentine walks to his own beat. He picks out his space, soaks up the attention and scores. He decides how the game is won and who wins it.

Messi, without ceasing to be Messi, is now the new Xavi Hernández. He no longer just plays to score one goal after another; he also dictates the play. His average of a goal a game - and if they need another, that's no sweat for him either - is added to by half an assist every 90 minutes. If Messi is on your side, the match starts with the score already at 2-0.

The pint-sized wizard has become Barça's thermostat, their mainframe. At the Nuevo Arcángel he decided to put himself in the thick of it - where there were more opponents' legs and less spaces - and from there he set the tempo, provided an assist and scored. He is unstoppable.

His maturity is plain to see and his leadership unquestionable. These are the intangible aspects pointed to by a team of players who bow at the feet of a genius who has turned himself into a player-manager by convincing everyone that the easiest thing to do is just let him get on with it.

Messi has started to resemble Diego Maradona since the simplification of the Barça philosophy and implementation of a team of superstars (though that Napoli side barely had anyone who stood out) whose every move revolves around his genius. There is no longer any noise surrounding him. He controls it all. They need him and his response is to play for everyone else. Top-class.
:coffee:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans