10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

1800226_930718010301749_1474274479_n.jpg

aki13

I feel sad for Leo. He has 4 or 5 men around him everytime, but that being the case he needs to change something otherwise he is of no use.

However the last 2 years its been the same and he still scored tons. What has changed??????? He cant get shots past blocks now. He used to slot everything in. He needs to move more in that final 3rd. I don't care if he doesn't chase back, but he needs more action in and around the penalty area.

Maybe its time we changed style or used Messi less. Sad to say but the general use of Messi as our main threat isn't working anymore. I hate to say it but maybe he is not useful enough to use every time now.

SANNA

Wow im not even a Messi fan but do you hear yourself? Not using messi as main threat and not using messi in all games now :)?
Thats ridiculous. Messi will always be the main threat and he should play whenever he is fit to do so. Abit unlucky today. Even if he never becomes as good as he once was (i think he will but for arguments sake) an 80% messi is still a better and more usefull player than most good teams have had in the last decade.

All players goes through patches where they dont score, its normal even for abnormal messi..

F

Flavia

He seems to be improving in confidence. I don't think the fear of getting injured again has completely left him, no matter how much he says it has...
He seemed lively when Iniesta got in, though, and he had someone to play with.

Yannick03

He's just unlucky plus the 7 defenders around him doesn't help either. I feel like Tata needs to tweak the tactics a bit so we don't get those parked buses. Leo will find his goalscoring form soon, I don't doubt it for a second.

Kerrybai

Yeah he's getting to top for now. He had another 5 successful dribbles today and imo his dribbling is the tell tale sign that he is feeling confident and good about his football. That nutmeg in the first half was glorious and the opposition just couldn't get the ball from him. He almost had a wonderful assist for Iniesta late on too.

His finishing remains rusty and he should have put away that sitter but the goals will come in time.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
That tackle on him was the highlight of the match for me, I couldn't stop laughing...

However, it left me wondering what are the limits of the rulebook? I mean, that wasn't dangerous nor violent compared to what others try to do to stop him, but it is a flagrant attempt to bring a player down... Deep down, I thank the Sociedad player for "hugging" Lio instead of kicking him in the knee or stepping on his heel, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. This kind of behaviour clearly favors the defending player in an almost unfair manner and punishes the player that actually wants to play football...

I feel like I'm beating a dead horse, though...

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He's just unlucky plus the 7 defenders around him doesn't help either. I feel like Tata needs to tweak the tactics a bit so we don't get those parked buses. Leo will find his goalscoring form soon, I don't doubt it for a second.

If he has that much defenders on his back there's bound to be other unmarked players and space to exploit.
Pedro and Alexis need to play more closer to the goal and less touching the line. We have Dani and Alba to provide width.

Kerrybai

That tackle on him was the highlight of the match for me, I couldn't stop laughing...

However, it left me wondering what are the limits of the rulebook? I mean, that wasn't dangerous nor violent compared to what others try to do to stop him, but it is a flagrant attempt to bring a player down... Deep down, I thank the Sociedad player for "hugging" Lio instead of kicking him in the knee or stepping on his heel, but the line has to be drawn somewhere. This kind of behaviour clearly favors the defending player in an almost unfair manner and punishes the player that actually wants to play football...

I fell like I'm beating a dead horse, though...

The rulebook would call it a yellow card I believe. It's a deliberate foul with no attempt to the ball, however it's not a professional foul as it doesn't stop a clear goal scoring opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans