10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepe Silvia

I watch Barca games since 7 years now, and i really dont understand how so many of you say that Messi got lazy and not on his prime since his injury...even before his injury he didnt seem so motivated. Under Villanova i already saw him more and more lazy and that despite all the goals he made, which mainly were possible because the whole team was feeding him with passes inside the box. I really miss the Messi under Pep, that Messi was hungry, wanted to proof he is the best and wasnt walking around arrogantly like the team should be thankfull he even walk on field with them..I really think Barca needs a star coach who is brave enough to criticise even a player like Messi. I just dont think that coaches like Tito and Tata can do that. And if Messi is really only playing like this to save energy for the WC than he should be benched for games he doesnt deliver and be subbed from time to time. No player should have the right to not give 100 % and not be criticised..not even the best player in the world, that he still is. But he needs to show it again.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk
Yeah it can be pretty frustrating to watch Messi walking around on the pitch.

Welcome to the forum man.

R

RandomGuy80

Yeah it can be pretty frustrating to watch Messi walking around on the pitch.

Welcome to the forum man.

Absolutely, we can only hope he will get his spirit back very soon..because the other teams like Bayern and Real wont wait for Barca till the best is back inform..i highly doubt we will have a chance of winning CL this season:/..but visca barca;)

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Absolutely, we can only hope he will get his spirit back very soon..because the other teams like Bayern and Real wont wait for Barca till the best is back inform..i highly doubt we will have a chance of winning CL this season:/..but visca barca;)

Let's hope this is true.

The Sky guys spoke in length about Messi’s lackadaisical evening. He wasn’t pressing much, and did a fair bit of walking while others passed away from him. This isn’t out of laziness. Guillem Ballague’s new Messi biography provides great insight into a player who has been instructed for years and years by the Barça staff to learn to pick his moments. As a younger player, Messi was going at 110% all the time; whether game time, practice or tennis football in the locker room. It resulted in injury. Because of his growth issues, it was found Messi’s muscles are shorter than what would be ideal, particularly those used when accelerating. Messi is being cautious with his body, something we should all be grateful for. Barça want Messi pushing himself against Man City and Real Madrid, not during a kick-about against Almería. In any case, when the moments presented themselves, he was in the midst of most danger.

F

Flavia

Let's hope this is true.
The Sky guys spoke in length about Messi’s lackadaisical evening. He wasn’t pressing much, and did a fair bit of walking while others passed away from him. This isn’t out of laziness. Guillem Ballague’s new Messi biography provides great insight into a player who has been instructed for years and years by the Barça staff to learn to pick his moments. As a younger player, Messi was going at 110% all the time; whether game time, practice or tennis football in the locker room. It resulted in injury. Because of his growth issues, it was found Messi’s muscles are shorter than what would be ideal, particularly those used when accelerating. Messi is being cautious with his body, something we should all be grateful for. Barça want Messi pushing himself against Man City and Real Madrid, not during a kick-about against Almería. In any case, when the moments presented themselves, he was in the midst of most danger.

Most definitely is. And he also has the wc in his head. No matter what he says, he is under a lot of pressure to perform very well with his nt.

The Observer

He has lost his pace. Here is the proof.

Bh1IbpzCYAAY-MC.jpg:large

Slower than Mascherano.

He also has Coca Cola on his jersey. Still sending secret messages to Pep.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
He has lost his pace. Here is the proof.

Bh1IbpzCYAAY-MC.jpg:large

Slower than Mascherano.

He also has Coca Cola on his jersey. Still sending secret messages to Pep.

You don't have the picture from the other side. I can't post it here because I'd get into legal trouble, however take my word that Messi's back pockets are almost overflowing with BBQ steaks and other greasing foods.

PhilS

No Barca player is more intent on winning every single Barca game than Messi. His job on this team is not to run around all the time, it is to pick his spots so that he can be sure to be able to make his decisive contributions when the opportunities arise.

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson

Oh no, now I know why Messi has been getting injured so often; his running technique is atrocious! Just take a look at the degree his right hip flexor is twisting at, or the way both of his thumbs are rigid, almost as if they're glued in place, or the improper mouth shape which doesn't allow for maximum air intake! Oh, and how could I forget the amount of fat he allows his knee to collapse on when impacting the ground? It is obviously several decibels low! Oh Messi Messi Messi what are you doing to yourself?

L

linetty

Hoping he can bring his pace back ASAP,
Now, i doubt he can beat Kompany
His pace isn't gone as was stated earlier in the quote. He is picking his moment to accelerate, because of the body growth issues.

In the City game, this is the moment when he sniffed his chance and accelerated leaving the whole defence behind.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Some objective perspectives on Messi's performance in February:

Europe's Top Rated Players in February

There's a familiar name at the top of the list, with Lionel Messi having obtained a higher WhoScored rating (9.19) over the month than any other player. To think that he has been criticised in some quarters for not maintaing the same level of performance that we have become used to expecting of him is somewhat absurd; he scored 6 goals and picked up 3 assists in just 4 league appearances in February (and scored twice more in knockout competition, but of course that does not affect his rating). Injury curtailed his 2013 and might well have been the main contributing factor towards him missing out on another Ballon d'Or, but he is back, and even if he hasn't quite returned to his best, he is still outperforming every other player in the major European leagues.

2014%2f3%2fEurope-Top-20v2.jpg

2014%2f3%2f442-TotM-Feb.jpg

Jelboo

Please stop this ridiculous argument about Messi... He is *still* the best in the world and he is still doing wonders for us. Why is there always bitching and moaning about his dribbles or pace or his work rate? The man is clearly doing everything he is asked to and it is clearly working. Let him do his thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans