10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

voodoomaster

Maybe he has grown tired of being kicked, punched, and so on in every match. And the refs are always blind of course. Is that the reason for his hunger? Understandable though.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Messi: "I don't like putting up excuses but the pitch conditions didn't help."

Taking lessons from :xavi:. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

He has a point though. More than once I saw him scrapping dirt and grass that were lodged under his spikes. He wasn't the only one either.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It is clear that Argentina is his priority now. At Barcelona he already has achieved everything, he knows he needs that World Cup to achieve GOAT status. And he knows it is now or never.

If he wants to do this, Tata should bench him. Let him know he shouldnt take everything for granted.

I did not see a noticeable difference between his performance today with the NT and his performance with us lately.

Babylonian

It is clear that Argentina is his priority now. At Barcelona he already has achieved everything, he knows he needs that World Cup to achieve GOAT status. And he knows it is now or never.

If he wants to do this, Tata should bench him. Let him know he shouldnt take everything for granted.

GOAT status!? Word.. The Shit we gotta read hear nowadays..

The Observer

He has a point though. More than once I saw him scrapping dirt and grass that were lodged under his spikes. He wasn't the only one either.

Jokes aside, not denying this at all. For me the major reason for many poor performances in many Barca away games has always been the condition of the pitch. Barca rely so much on fast ball movement and 1 touch combinations, more than any other team. So most opponents nowadays let the grass grow and don't water the pitch before we visit them. Even City did it. Even Bayern waterlogged the middle of the pitch. Ball moves slower / players take more touches => defenders have more time to regroup. Also many teams in Spain simply have catastrophic pitches in general.

That's why I always laugh when people say Xavi can't deal with defeat and uses excuses. It's just the truth. There should be some sort of rule about the condition of the pitch. Can't believe a Champions League game was allowed to be played on this:

2012_san_siro_pitch.jpg

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
Jokes aside, not denying this at all. For me the major reason for many poor performances in many Barca away games has always been the condition of the pitch. Barca rely so much on fast ball movement and 1 touch combinations, more than any other team. So most opponents nowadays let the grass grow and don't water the pitch before we visit them. Even City did it. Even Bayern waterlogged the middle of the pitch. Ball moves slower / players take more touches => defenders have more time to regroup. Also many teams in Spain simply have catastrophic pitches in general.

That's why I always laugh when people say Xavi can't deal with defeat and uses excuses. It's just the truth. There should be some sort of rule about the condition of the pitch. Can't believe a Champions League game was allowed to be played on this:

2012_san_siro_pitch.jpg

Yeah I agree. There should definitely be a minimum standard of pitch condition for matches. Specially for the UCL. Grass size should have a standard range, and pitch condition needs to be at a certain level or risk facing penalties. This is all to protect the integrity and quality of the game, and why not, even to protect the health of the players. A potato field most certainly raises the risks of injuries.

Gohan

Super Saiyan
'GOAT status'? Goat status? goat status....

As ridiculous as it sounds, you do know what I meant by using that word. Many people consider Leo to be one of the greatest footballers ever.

He has won it all, BallonD'or(4x)!!, CL titles, La Liga titles, golden boots and so on. He is missing the ultimate trophy, a World Cup. Clearly this is his priority now. As I said before, he is holding back when playing for his club. He wants to unleash it all at the World Cup. Not a good thing for FCB imo.

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead
As ridiculous as it sounds, you do know what I meant by using that word. Many people consider Leo to be one of the greatest footballers ever.

He has won it all, BallonD'or(4x)!!, CL titles, La Liga titles, golden boots and so on. He is missing the ultimate trophy, a World Cup. Clearly this is his priority now. As I said before, he is holding back when playing for his club. He wants to unleash it all at the World Cup. Not a good thing for FCB imo.

OMG, I bet when Ronaldo is invisible all match and then he scores at 80th minute, madristas are praising him as the best in the world, but Messi has to be perfect in every game from the start to the end especially when we are playing against teams like Almeria.

Last edited:

Gohan

Super Saiyan
OMG, I bet when Ronaldo is invisible all match and then he scores at 80th minute, madristas are praising him as the best in the world, but Messi has to be perfect in every game from the start to the beginning especially when we are playing against teams like Almeria.

Did you see me mention Ronaldo anywhere? I didn't, so why do you

Kerrybai

That picture is worrying. Messi looks sick and spitting all the time doesn't help. Maybe his body has given up on him?

Anyways, his passion, his hunger, his thrive to win and succeed at Barcelona needs to return because when he plays for us it looks like he doesn't give a damn shit about the team. Maybe bench him once in a while to show even he has to work for his place.

Huh? Did you not see him jump for that header against Almeria? That right there is drive and determination.

The hate for Messi is reaching ridiculous levels. The guy has 8 goals in 6 consecutive game.

Kerrybai

He's on his best run of form in over 12 months. Tata would be insane to bench him.

Jelboo

I love this forum... but the Messi thread has become almost unreadable at times. The kind of things people post in here... o_O

NotInHere

Gohan you are overreacting, Leo has not played up to his standards, but to imply that the reason he hasn't done so is because he views his national team as his first priority is outrageous, Leo has not played horrible in every single game, so I don't know why some of you act like there's something wrong:lol:

When Leo tries, he can do what he did yesterday against Romaria, which was play a fairly good game, typical runs, assisting(though his Argentina teammates didn't know how to capitalize on his assists) and making guys follow him and make his teammates open by being active. The only question is I have for him, is why doesn't he do that every game? What's really stopping him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans