10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
When Leo tries, he can do what he did yesterday against Romaria, which was play a fairly good game, typical runs, assisting(though his Argentina teammates didn't know how to capitalize on his assists) and making guys follow him and make his teammates open by being active. The only question is I have for him, is why doesn't he do that every game? What's really stopping him?

True, I ponder that question too often. In some games he appeared to be more motivated, some games he was more withdrawn, just don't don't know why. And you'd think who we are playing with matters, but it seemed to me it doesn't, there seem to be no rhythm or reason.

I am more and more convinced that he still has injuries on the back of his mind. With about three months left before the opening of WC, he is going to be extra cautious. I hope he turns on his beast mode at the WC and maintain it for the rest of the year, in terms of the level of engagement and involvement.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
No matter what he says the injury is still in the back of his mind. Consider it for a minute a guy who played almost every minute for 3+ seasons gets injured he returns after a rest and then gets injured again that puts him out for 2 months that too in a WC year when its his best chance for getting a WC for his country. I don't think its bad or selfish if he is being cautious and conservative he has the hope of all of Argentina on his shoulders give the guy a break

Messi

Behrox, I think you are right. Everyone should remember when Messi came back after the first injury. He was instantly back in beast mode and I gues you all remember what happened. He was injured again! We all wanted him to take it easy back then. Maybe he is not unmotivated. Maybe he is just smarter?!?

R

RandomGuy80

No matter what he says the injury is still in the back of his mind. Consider it for a minute a guy who played almost every minute for 3+ seasons gets injured he returns after a rest and then gets injured again that puts him out for 2 months that too in a WC year when its his best chance for getting a WC for his country. I don't think its bad or selfish if he is being cautious and conservative he has the hope of all of Argentina on his shoulders give the guy a break

Lets say its Messis plan, to rest and save energy for the WC..than that would be the most stupid thing ever..if he wants to have a chance to win it he needs rhythm and he must be in top form, physicaly and mental..and tbh i just dont think he is the kind of player like maradona was..messi lacks that special personality that makes you fire up your teammates..and we shouldnt be blind, he is absolutely not in top form nowadays and there are some players who are better at the moment..i just hope he will be the old messi one day to climb on top!

V

voodoomaster

Same old messi, no doubt about it. The quality is there. But not enough hunger for winning, maybe he is waiting for wc - we'll se:)

KhaledBarca

We should sell Messi, he's finished...

Here's my lineup for next season:

lol_2.png

Its just a joke #NEVER

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans