10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Gascav

It has been said several times that he was instructed by the barca stuff to play that way (press less conserve energy etc) as far back as in Pep's last season.

And now it is bitting him back, criticism everywhere, he cant even do what he was conserving energy for

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Of course he can. He had scored in 6 consecutive games. He's also creating chances... that's what he is been asked to do.

Acc to the forum he should run like Alexis on steroids continuously up and down the pitch, scoring a hattrick every other game while assisting another 3 and should make at least 3 interceptions and 5 tackles per game

G

Gascav

Acc to the forum he should run like Alexis on steroids continuously up and down the pitch, scoring a hattrick every other game while assisting another 3 and should make at least 3 interceptions and 5 tackles per game

No according to this forum defending is a team exercise, you defend as a team starting from messi to valdes.when messi pressed the team won and played well, when he walked, he got bypassed and was easier to defend.
Bale and ronaldo press even better than him and if you watched the match yesterday you must have seen that! They dont walk around waiting for the ball.

kollegah

Stop saying, he was the best player in XX'´s match, he is always the best player out there, especially in ARG, who else should be the best player out there?

CatalinR10

1240410_10152408182844305_959728743_n.jpg

R

RandomGuy80

I think a lot is caused by Messi's character. I think if he would be more confident and extroverted he would be much better. He is just not the kind of person to lead a team and to take charge if things are going not as planned.

Gesendet von meinem HTC One mit Tapatalk

R

RandomGuy80

He pretty much did that when he scored 91 and when he won the title almost by himself last year

Also...

tumblr_ml27jnBMFL1qg69fwo3_250.gif

He did something like that only once man. If that would be the regular case then why we didnt see it against Valladolid or Sociedad?. Truth is, Messi is a shy person and not very confident. You have to watch his face before a penalty, i always feel like going on the pitch and hug him and say everything will be fine (look at Balotelli and how he smashs every penalty in). I think if he would be more confident and strong in his mind there would be no doubt that he is the best of all time.

CatalinR10

He did something like that only once man. If that would be the regular case then why we didnt see it against Valladolid or Sociedad?. Truth is, Messi is a shy person and not very confident. You have to watch his face before a penalty, i always feel like going on the pitch and hug him and say everything will be fine (look at Balotelli and how he smashs every penalty in). I think if he would be more confident and strong in his mind there would be no doubt that he is the best of all time.

He needs confidence to be the best ever ?

L

linetty

Well, it's hard to repeat that kind of achievement. Do you think Messi is an alien? If he doesn't get service, he won't score as much.

R

RandomGuy80

He needs confidence to be the best ever ?

Jeez fanboying things like that really is annoying..Messi is not a baby that needs to be pampered, he is a human and no one is perfect and he also isnt perfect..truth is he will only be considered best of all time if he wins WC or show crazy performance. Pele and Maradona both had in common that they were superconfident and energized in theire personalities, which made them motivate and push theire teammates, and you just dont seem to witness that from Messi. I would love to see Messi play a fantastic WC and even win it, but i just dont see it coming. All i am saying is that i think Messi would be even greater as a footballer if he would be more confident.(penalties for instance)

G

Gascav

Jeez fanboying things like that really is annoying..Messi is not a baby that needs to be pampered, he is a human and no one is perfect and he also isnt perfect..truth is he will only be considered best of all time if he wins WC or show crazy performance. Pele and Maradona both had in common that they were superconfident and energized in theire personalities, which made them motivate and push theire teammates, and you just dont seem to witness that from Messi. I would love to see Messi play a fantastic WC and even win it, but i just dont see it coming. All i am saying is that i think Messi would be even greater as a footballer if he would be more confident.(penalties for instance)
Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans