10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devils

The thing is Messi isn't some kid anymore lighting up the footballing world. He's nearly 27 years old and shows lack of passion and energy in games when he should be playing in his prime. He should be a leader and he should inspire this team. He's MORE THAN CAPABLE of doing this as anyone here knows.

Where is the passion? Where is the drive? Where is the hunger? Where is the heart? Where is the energy? Where is the motivation?

No one in the world questions Messi's talent, it's unanimous that he is the most talented player in the world, but talent isn't enough.

This was a disaster in the highest order, today we saw a soulless Messi, someone who just didn't give a shit anymore.

I know this forums laughed at Cristiano when he cried after winning the ballon d'or and beating Messi this year. But it really showed his passion for the game.

The Messi 4 years ago couldn't bear losing, broke into tears when he was injured and couldn't play. The kid oozed of desire to win.

Where has it gone?

PrRan

Comeon guys!! Don't piss on messi, he was really bad but sell him? Take it easy. I don't understand what us wrong with Leo but I hope after the worldcup he is back to his best. Now I really believe that an overhaul is needed like when pep came. Alves, mascherano, song, Alexis, pinto and tello out. Xavi should play much less.

sil85

sell him? what kind of supporters are you? really? if you think he is the one it has to be sold you have a problem because he is our best player

JamDav1982

So now you're saying Barcelona don't need Messi and he hasn't saved them most of the time?

Of course Messi saves Barcelona many times.

I dont think that means that he can now barely try in games like today and then point to those games when challenged on it.

Since he came back from injury and even before that he has had some great games and some games where he barely looks interested. When he does that in big games like tonight he hinders the team.

JamDav1982

sell him? what kind of supporters are you? really? if you think he is the one it has to be sold you have a problem because he is our best player

He is the teams best player but is he on he whole improving the attack of the team?

I am not so sure.

When he was out injured the team looked to be more balanced and had multiple threats.

sil85

he wont leave barca. he loves the team and the team cares for him.
tell me 1 player who played well the all career? not 1.

Armando929

If we sell Messi, its like a COMPLETE rebuilding.

I agree that we could use a few changes(Starting with management), but I'm not prepared to say Messi needs to go.

Especially knowing that he would be a monster wherever he plays.

serghei

His attitude needs to change. That much is clear. And we need a manager who isn't afraid to handle Messi and make him work hard. If he doesn't want to work hard anymore, than he should leave.

SeloBarca

I think Messi plays poorly when he can't get in the game early on.

Ye, if he doesnt get chances early on, its just like he gives up.

I dont know how he would react if someone told him to put his act together or be benched. He might have grown to big and its gotten to his head.

F

Flavia

He is the teams best player but is he on he whole improving the attack of the team?

I am not so sure.

When he was out injured the team looked to be more balanced and had multiple threats.

I highly doubt the team without him would've managed to win in the bernaleo.

Today was an implosion of the team. Tactics were wrong from the start. Cesc starting was a huge mistake. And also, having a cb pairing of masch and bartra did not help one bit. And Alves, dear lord. the worst I've seen him in a while. Messi wasn't the worst player on the pitch.

Barcafan 2304

Messi isn't finished by a long way. I'm convinced he is isolated and when you have a defence as well schooled and effective as Atletico's, anyone will struggle. Messi isn't all of a sudden poor. It's the same player who destroyed Real two weeks ago. He needs support and service and without it, he like anyone else would struggle

sil85

I am not so sure.

i dont know. but people are weird. not long time ago he was epic and now theres people who says he has to leave? crazy.

of all the 11 players on the field Leo is the one who has to go? stupid

JamDav1982

he wont leave barca. he loves the team and the team cares for him.
tell me 1 player who played well the all career? not 1.

This is not about playing well this is about the player who the whole team and system relies upon barely trying in the game.

If Ronaldo played with the lack of desire Messi did today and in other games he would get torn to shreds. Messi deserves the same.

His attitude needs to change. That much is clear. And we need a manager who isn't afraid to handle Messi and make him work hard. If he doesn't want to work hard anymore, than he should leave.

I Think he is sick, remember the times when he almost looked to through up on the pitch and where spitting alot, now he hasnt done that in awhile since he started to play Walking football. Maybe he is just sick of getting sick everytime he exhaust himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans