10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
This saving-himself-for-the-WC is such incredible bullshit, I can't believe anyone is naive enough to mention it.

He's sure as hell not saving himself for the WC when he's playing a CL quarter final return leg. He might be saving himself during less important Liga games. And he recently played one hell of a match against RM. Was he saving himself then? Do you really honestly think Messi went out on the pitch tonight and thought "well I'll take it easy now, I have the WC to keep in mind"? Ridiculous. The amount of absolute bullshit on this forum grows bigger every day.

Agreed. For all the criticism that Messi deserves this match, the WC argument is one of the most feeble-minded.

aki13

I am going to get shouted down, but I will stay away for a while, so here goes.

I said earlier in the season. I thought that while Leo is still the best, his GOAT/Beast peak was 2011-2012. 73 goals and 30 assists in a season. No player can ever do that again. That was the tip of the hill. Its only down from there. Anyway he started to look good again, beating Man City & Real and I was laughed at.

Anyway that's not what matters, even when he played good against those teams I still maintained he will never be as good as that season in 11-12.

Despite these two games which I wont lie he has been awful in. I really feel Messi should choose to leave Barca. I know he doesn't want to go, but I think his career needs a change.
Barca wont choose to sell him, but I wonder if he needs to move on.

I also feel he should leave because he can no longer live up to many here's expectations. (Again not just tonight) Every game people moan if he hasn't run enough, passed enough, scored enough. I think Messi has been so good for Barca at his best, that he can no longer give the fans that level anymore and that isn't good enough for some fans.
I think Messi has too much pressure on him to score a hattrick every game and assist/dribble and pass and beat the opposition single handed and that is showing. No player can actually do that for long.

I also think the anger and hate he receives is sad considering what he has done for Barca in the past.

All in all Barca fans seem disillusioned with him, he seems to be struggling to play his game at the level they desire and he just seems critised more than loved these days.

Maybe he would be better off leaving Barcelona behind and moving on. I imagine a fresh start at PSG or Man City the fans would love him and be less demanding, while who knows Barca might be able to move on too.

Anyway the whole thing is a mess at Barca right now the whole team needs rebuilding, and I know I am going to get hate and anger for suggesting this. And called stupid. So I will leave tonight by saying I still think Leo is still one of the very best there has ever been and I still love watching him play on his good days. I hope he does whatever he needs to do to enjoy his career. Either at Barca or somewhere else. I will not forget what he has done for us in the past. Neither should any of the haters.

Cue the angry replies. I can take them.

sil85

it makes no sense to me watching Messi playing so bad. that makes him shit? why? he was horrible today, yes, but because of 1 game or a few he is shit? cmon! ill always love Messi. hes an amazing player, but he is not perfect. he could had made the diference yes, but he wasnt good today at all. and lets be honest, the all Barcelona players are horrible, not just Messi

kollegah

i hope u dreamers will wake up after the worldcup, annoying this wc excuse, suarez and neymar are saving too i guess, oh schweine and lahm too, yeah also reus

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
This saving-himself-for-the-WC is such incredible bullshit, I can't believe anyone is naive enough to mention it.

He's sure as hell not saving himself for the WC when he's playing a CL quarter final return leg. He might be saving himself during less important Liga games. And he recently played one hell of a match against RM. Was he saving himself then? Do you really honestly think Messi went out on the pitch tonight and thought "well I'll take it easy now, I have the WC to keep in mind"? Ridiculous. The amount of absolute bullshit on this forum grows bigger every day.
Would of sounded more sensible if they mention the Copa del rey final which is next week.

Yannick03

Totally diagree with all of that.

No one wants him to run about 'like a headless chicken'. Other players had that covered tonight.

You complain about him being tightly marked - well static walking is about the easiest way to mark someone that tightly.

He was a disgrace out there and team would have been better with a poor player that moved a lot more.

And where is he supposed to be moving ? Atleti's defensive line was standing 5 meters away from their own goal, you can't get past that. It didn't matter where you move to in that case, you'll always have multiple players around you. What is he supposed to do in such situations ?

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I am going to get shouted down, but I will stay away for a while, so here goes.

I said earlier in the season. I thought that while Leo is still the best, his GOAT/Beast peak was 2011-2012. 73 goals and 30 assists in a season. No player can ever do that again. That was the tip of the hill. Its only down from there. Anyway he started to look good again, beating Man City & Real and I was laughed at.

Anyway that's not what matters, even when he played good against those teams I still maintained he will never be as good as that season in 11-12.

Despite these two games which I wont lie he has been awful in. I really feel Messi should choose to leave Barca. I know he doesn't want to go, but I think his career needs a change.
Barca wont choose to sell him, but I wonder if he needs to move on.

I also feel he should leave because he can no longer live up to many here's expectations. (Again not just tonight) Every game people moan if he hasn't run enough, passed enough, scored enough. I think Messi has been so good for Barca at his best, that he can no longer give the fans that level anymore and that isn't good enough for some fans.
I think Messi has too much pressure on him to score a hattrick every game and assist/dribble and pass and beat the opposition single handed and that is showing. No player can actually do that for long.

I also think the anger and hate he receives is sad considering what he has done for Barca in the past.

All in all Barca fans seem disillusioned with him, he seems to be struggling to play his game at the level they desire and he just seems critised more than loved these days.

Maybe he would be better off leaving Barcelona behind and moving on. I imagine a fresh start at PSG or Man City the fans would love him and be less demanding, while who knows Barca might be able to move on too.

Anyway the whole thing is a mess at Barca right now the whole team needs rebuilding, and I know I am going to get hate and anger for suggesting this. And called stupid. So I will leave tonight by saying I still think Leo is still one of the very best there has ever been and I still love watching him play on his good days. I hope he does whatever he needs to do to enjoy his career. Either at Barca or somewhere else. I will not forget what he has done for us in the past. Neither should any of the haters.

Cue the angry replies. I can take them.
Brilliant post.

This. Messi was shit, but you can't solely blame him. Plus, it's not like the rest of the team (except for a couple of players like Neymar) were much better.
From his standpoint as has been pointed out , he needed to bring some of his passion for the sport tonight, that goes along way for someone with his skills, he didnt. He didnt even try that makes him the worst player on the pitch. The others well they atleast try. Think if Messi had left so much out there tonight as Neymar did, that could have been enough. He didnt even try, the biggest game of the year and he did hardly run. Maybe he has a disease or something but if not, disgraceful.

JamDav1982

And where is he supposed to be moving ? Atleti's defensive line was standing 5 meters away from their own goal, you can't get past that. It didn't matter where you move to in that case, you'll always have multiple players around you. What is he supposed to do in such situations ?

He can be constantly on the move looking for space, pulling defenders about etc. He did none of that.

His effort was pathetic and he hindered the team.

xxxxxx

Totally missing the point.

Anyone can have a bad game.

To turn up in biggest game of season to date and barely try and basically look like hiding at points - thats a joke.

Maybe you're right. Remember the game where he went invisible away to Real Madrid this season?

Time to sell Messi and spend the 250m euros on the stadium instead.

sil85

yes, he was horrible, but God, people, let it go.......
it ha[[ens with every team. And lets admit, Brça is horrible since the last season. if they dont fix this team we are lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans