10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghost

Messi didn't give a shit tonight ...and by now it should be crystal clear that he's saving himself for the World Cup. I don't hate him, I never could, but I'm just so incredibly sad and disappointed, that he wasn't even trying to make things happen. Why Leo?? :cry:
+1
Will never hate the guy. Just sad and dissapointed. That's all. :(

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It's not the first time he's been marked out of a game and that is alright, as I said before, but one thing is getting owned by opposition and another to just don't put any effort in winning, which is what happened today...

Usually, when he gets shut down by defenses he looks frustrated and angry, but today he was just casually walking around the pitch...

JamDav1982

Maybe you're right. Remember the game where he went invisible away to Real Madrid this season?

Time to sell Messi and spend the 250m euros on the stadium instead.

Yes he played well there no doubt. In those open games there is enough space for him to operate.

Games like tonight he goes missing and barley moves more and more.

The blame doesn't rest solely on Messi. First of all, the whole team was shit. Hardly anyone put in the effort. So stop singling Messi out. Second of all, he was marked out by Atletico. The coach needs to find a way to free him from markers when this happens.

But I agree that he was shit and didn't put in any effort. Just saying that he's not the only one to blame here.

#sellMessi? :facepalm:

Last edited:

JamDav1982

That's right, bench the only player who keeps saving Barcelona's ass.

These comments really are stupid.

Keeps saving Barcas ass?

Arguably the best Barcelona have played against Atletico this season has been without him on the pitch.

Also a lot of points have been dropped since he came back and the other attacking players many times looked to have more freedom and performed better without him.

F

Flavia

He could be engineering a way out?

Yeah, that's why he kissed the badge in the bernaleo.
He had a bad game, a very bad one, and couldn't escape his markers. It will happen, and that's why he needs help, like neymar. Not like cesc, who was getting in the way of everyone.
If the team had played well, and he was the only bad one, I'd get the weird criticism. But it was a collective blunder. everyone was bad, some more than others. He won't svae Barça every game. It doesn't matter if it's a cl game or not.

dakt

I know my emotions are high right now, but I feel so sad about him. His games used to be a vacation for my eyes...that thirst is clearly gone.
And it looks it's only downhill from here. I hope I'm wrong... :(

Semi-Neutral

Sir Alupp Heynrguson
I think Messi plays poorly when he can't get in the game early on; if he starts off really involved with dribbles and passes and shots then he'll be fine, but if he doesn't get the ball for fifteen minutes he'll just give it up because he's not feeling the rhythm at all. What I didn't like today was where he played; he was either completely isolated and lonely on the right wing, really deep next to Xavi or right where the two centerbacks were in a real number nine position. I would have liked him popping up in the CAM role, dragging defenders out, and having Neymar come into the vacant space from the left, Iniesta drifting over to where Neymar was previously. As it was, Messi barely got the ball and when he did it was almost always not where he wanted it.

sil85

Atletico de Madrid has the best defense of the league.......
the good job would be finding a way to make Leo play. Leo is used to be surround by players. he usually passes them.

and i dont want to put all the responsability of the game or the season in 1 person, but damn it this coeach is stupid. he is not a good coach.

i think the team is horrible in all the positions but please, the only thing the coach has to do, wich is swich the players in the games and all, he does it wrong everytime

xxxxxx

Yes he played well there no doubt. In those open games there is enough space for him to operate.

Games like tonight he goes missing and barley moves more and more.

So it's Messi's fault he has 3 players marking him every game?

You've just answered your own question. The fault comes from a clueless manager, with clueless tactics. And some players are picking the wrong option.... and there's no decent movement to open the play up.

sil85

The blame doesn't rest solely on Messi. First of all, the whole team was shit. Hardly anyone put in the effort. So stop singling Messi out. Second of all, he was marked out by Atletico. The coach needs to find a way to free him from markers when this happens.

But I agree that he was shit and didn't put in any effort. Just saying that he's not the only one to blame here.

#sellMessi? :facepalm:

a agree.

and sell Messi???? are you kidding????? i would never do that. not even he only play with 1 leg and blind

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
Yeah, that's why he kissed the badge in the bernaleo.
He had a bad game, a very bad one, and couldn't escape his markers. It will happen, and that's why he needs help, like neymar. Not like cesc, who was getting in the way of everyone.
If the team had played well, and he was the only bad one, I'd get the weird criticism. But it was a collective blunder. everyone was bad, some more than others. He won't svae Barça every game. It doesn't matter if it's a cl game or not.

Kissing the badge is part of the plan.

xxxxxx

Keeps saving Barcas ass?

Arguably the best Barcelona have played against Atletico this season has been without him on the pitch.

Also a lot of points have been dropped since he came back and the other attacking players many times looked to have more freedom and performed better without him.

So now you're saying Barcelona don't need Messi and he hasn't saved them most of the time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans