10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egert

Estonian Culé
I feel so saad for him.... But let's be honest, he didn't play well. We still have one last game at the Camp Nou to destroy them in the league!
2dc7ejr.jpg

Lomar1o

messi has no partners up front. no partners behind because iniesta plays afar from his position and xavi is just old and isn't providing enough. he's just a side-way passer nowadays. cesc is just not barca's level. alves isn't helping either. i can clearly see how isolated messi gets because his team-mates can't get him involved. no wonder messi tracks back to the center to collect the pass which is given to him because it's safe there. messi did got worse, but his teammates have gotten far worse, apart from iniesta who is a genius. and busquets, but busquets like iniesta isn't the one to be a provider for messi, he has his own tasks. that's my humble opinion.

BarçAjax8

I think the reasons Pep stated to the media why he was leaving was only a small portion of the real reasons that motivated him. I am almost convinced that he knew how much of a sleazeball Rosell was and wanted nothing to do with him, saw the games the board were going to play (dictating the squad, forcing him to play big names, etc.) and was just like fuck it, why should I win for this asshole?

Particularly when you consider how much of a lack of knowledge our current board has on how to run a sporting club (not a business) and how they immediately started a smear campaign against all the people who were important to him at the club (Laporta, Cryuff), how can you blame him for leaving?

My sentiments exactly! There is A LOT more on Pep's exit than anyone but a few people know. The guy wins 14 Trophies and puts together the Greatest Team Ever and the board just let him go? This is a man you provide any and every accommodation so he can continue to build great teams that dominate the football world.

The board were making a lot of bad decisions and there were going to be a lot more to come. Results on the pitch would suffer so rather than be considered a manager "whose losing it" and have his name tarnished, he left. It makes sense and I don't fault Pep at all for his decision. If anybody wants to blame any of our short comings on anyone, blame our stupid ass board who have stayed way past their welcome.

Mitchell1978

This post sums it up excellently.

The Lebron comparison is actually key point to what Messi is. They share the same type athlete character.

I was a huge Jordan fan back in the 90s but lets be real, Jordan won hist first NBA-title at age 28, only when he had the team-mates around him (like Pippen, Horace Grant etc) and the right coach with the right system (the Triangle-offence). Messi is nothing like Lebron, for one Lebron is an extrovert. Besides you can't compare football and basketball, a basketball-player is able to have much more influence on the game then a football-player.

A better comparison then Lebron or Jordan would be Wayne Gretzky, like Messi a record-breaking prodigy who was the centerpiece on one of the greatest (Hockey)-teams of all time (the Edmonton Oilers) and who wasn't physically impressive just like Messi but still scored more goals and assists then anyone else. Kobe Bryant has made the same comparison btw.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I was a huge Jordan fan back in the 90s but lets be real, Jordan won hist first NBA-title at age 28, only when he had the team-mates around him (like Pippen, Horace Grant etc) and the right coach with the right system (the Triangle-offence). Messi is nothing like Lebron, for one Lebron is an extrovert. Besides you can't compare football and basketball, a basketball-player is able to have much more influence on the game then a football-player.

A better comparison then Lebron or Jordan would be Wayne Gretzky, like Messi a record-breaking prodigy who was the centerpiece on one of the greatest (Hockey)-teams of all time (the Edmonton Oilers) and who wasn't physically impressive just like Messi but still scored more goals and assists then anyone else. Kobe Bryant has made the same comparison btw.

Yup, Wayne Gretzky would be a much more befitting analogy. The great 10 and the great 99. :worthy:

serghei

I belive in Messi. He will come back and all his haters will go back to the cave.

There isn't such a thing as a "Messi hater" among FC Barcelona fans on barcaforum. Everyone wants him to succede and play great football. It's just that his die hard fans don't accept any criticism.

Egert

Estonian Culé
There isn't such a thing as a "Messi hater" among FC Barcelona fans on barcaforum. Everyone wants him to succede and play great football. It's just that his die hard fans don't accept any criticism.

I am not saying that he has haters on this forum. I mean all over the world. Everyone thinks that Messi is done but I belive that he will come back soon!
Anyway Tata said that:
"It is so hard to be Leo Messi in this life and playing football," Martino, who comes from Messi's home town of Rosario in Argentina, said at a news conference previewing Saturday's La Liga match at Granada.
"Basically because everything is so unfair. When he doesn't play as well as people expect him to he ends up being criticised very strongly," he added. "I think it
must be very hard to be him."

serghei

Yea, I bet it is very hard to be Messi. It is much easier to be a kid who has leucemia for example. Jesus, it is the law of the game. You play like shit and don't run, you get slammed by the media and by the fans, no matter who you are. Is it fair? Of course it is.

What Tata just said is stupid.

Last edited:

Alarcón

Lol of course people expect him to play well, he is the best player in the world and often called the best ever as well. If he doesn't deliver on that promise, he is criticised, that's just the way it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans