10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Like I said, Ronaldinho couldn't even train because of how drunk he was most of the time..so unless you have inside information that Messi isn't training properly then you can't never compare the 2 of them, no matter how bad Messi is playing.

So we sell Messi..and then what? With this board, they will say that Deulofeu is his replacement and that's it.
Yeah they want us to sell Messi so we can see him score hattricks against us and knocking us out of the CL with P$G,Chelsea,City,etc. Sometimes after seeing the attitude of the fans it feels as if though they would deserve it if it happens

Maria

So you are basically saying that Messi should have rested and paced himself and immediately after you say that he should have done something to bail us out cool story bro. Messi never says no Pep said that he wants to play every minute it was the fitness staff's job to declare him unfit and Tito's to not be an effin idiot and play your best player into the ground but he was constantly played every match even after we had the league won and now we are suffering its consequences

Messi the dictator..he has all the power in the world and can do whatever he wants. I wonder why he hasn't bought us a CB until now. :rolleyes:

Yeah they want us to sell Messi so we can see him score hattricks against us and knocking us out of the CL with P$G,Chelsea,City,etc. Sometimes after seeing the attitude of the fans it feels as if though they would deserve it if it happens

If Villa came back to haunt us, imagine what Messi could do with a proper coach. Do you think that Simeone would give us Villa back if we let him have Messi?

Behrox

Yeah save himself so that when he is ready he can give 100%. Not rush back and then do fuck all to prevent another injury. Also I did put some blame on the fitness team if you actually read my post. Thing is Messi has a brain and can think for himself ''Maybe I should wait another week and then I can play unrestrained, long term that's better for the team''.

A player should not be on the pitch for Barca unless he is able/willing to put in 100%. It's not just Messi btw before you think I'm singling him out. I'm just saying this because you lot rightly criticise the others for not trying but then apply another standard for Leo.

Its still the Coach's and fitness staff's decision to play a player. Tata with all his faults didn't rush any of our players and we have had a seriously bad injury plagued season with the likes of Valdez (twice),Messi (twice),Alba (twice),Iniesta,Neymar,Pique and Bartra injured at crucial stages of the season we barely ever had our best team available all season long and this is not a coincidence its a recurring effect of last season when the first team was literally played into the ground

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Messi the dictator..he has all the power in the world and can do whatever he wants. I wonder why he hasn't bought us a CB until now. :rolleyes:

If Villa came back to haunt us, imagine what Messi could do with a proper coach. Do you think that Simeone would give us Villa back if we let him have Messi?

When did I say I want Messi sold? Or that he is a dictator? That has nothing to do with what I'm saying now. Also I never said he should ''bail us out'' but that is what he usually tries to do. So its very strange for him to appear so disinterested. He obviously has a motive for not caring. Leo10 says it's because of injury, which I replied is not an acceptable excuse because firstly he could have prevented injury if he was clever and second because the other top players can also get injured, but try anyway. Why is Leo a special case?

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Its still the Coach's and fitness staff's decision to play a player. Tata with all his faults didn't rush any of our players and we have had a seriously bad injury plagued season with the likes of Valdez (twice),Messi (twice),Alba (twice),Iniesta,Neymar,Pique and Bartra injured at crucial stages of the season we barely ever had our best team available all season long and this is not a coincidence its a recurring effect of last season when the first team was literally played into the ground

If Messi knows that the manager is dumb enough to play someone when he isn't ready, he should use his own brain for the good of the team and say ''OK, rest one more week and then I am able to give 100 from then on, I will tell Tito/Tata''.

Why did Messi say he is fit to play when he wasn't ready according to you? Surely he knows his OWN body?

Leo10

Thats the difference between us Hamzah, you think that Messi trying to avoid an injury (thus not going full throttle) during the game is not acceptable, I think it is.

I think that under the current circumstances were pretty much everything around him is fucked up, its ok for him to not go full throttle and try to avoid injury.

adil_909

"oh who would ever want to be king?" when things are goign good, king of the world. when things aren't going good, devil incarnate. modern day fans lack shame and humility, it's the instant gratification generation. can't believe some idiots want us to sell messi. the stupidity is endless it seems

Andrew M

You mean if he has another season like this one where he scores a hat trick in the Bernabeu and is 3 goals off being the leagues top goalscorer despite being injured for 3 months?

He plays in a team that has no defence and for a manager that drops in form players for out of form players who are then played out of position. He receives the ball less and now many of the attempts to give him the ball are wayward crosses.

His job shouldn't be to save this dysfunctional teams ass over and over again and get crucified when he doesn't.

Well two of those Bernabeu goals were penalties.

And I don't feel you should use the simplistic excuses in saying our team has no defence and that he receives the less. Defending starts form the front, and our defence has to play deeper because the pressing is all wrong. And it is hard to pass the ball to someone who is not willing to move.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Thats the difference between us Hamzah, you think that Messi trying to avoid an injury (thus not going full throttle) during the game is not acceptable, I think it is.

I think that under the current circumstances were pretty much everything around him is fucked up, its ok for him to not go full throttle and try to avoid injury.

What I'm basically saying is if a player can't give 100 then he shouldn't be on the pitch. Whether that be fitness or a mental issue it doesn't matter. You're saying it's a fitness problem, if it is then why not rest until ready? Then when you do play it's actually useful?, Makes sense right? Other people think it's him not caring. That seems strange but maybe he doesn't give a shit about Barca when theres a WC this summer. I don't know. If that is the problem then it ain't acceptable, he should not play either until he sorts his head out.

Behrox

What I'm basically saying is if a player can't give 100 then he shouldn't be on the pitch. Whether that be fitness or a mental issue it doesn't matter. You're saying it's a fitness problem, if it is then why not rest until ready? Then when you do play it's actually useful?, Makes sense right? Other people think it's him not caring. That seems strange but maybe he doesn't give a shit about Barca when theres a WC this summer. I don't know. If that is the problem then it ain't acceptable, he should not play either until he sorts his head out.

And who is gonna be his replacement Cesc? I'd rather stick with 10% Messi than Cesc as the striker and no Messi

Hamzah

High Definition Member
And who is gonna be his replacement Cesc? I'd rather stick with 10% Messi than Cesc as the striker and no Messi

This is where I disagree with you. Yes Messi not caring/restraining himself is still better than the alternatives, but it doesn't send a good message to the rest of the team does it? That if you are a big name its ok to not care/be on the pitch even with some fitness issues and you get a free pass. One of the main principles of the team that should never be broken is that every player on the pitch is willing/able to give everything. We would lose without him but it's not like we are doing well with him playing not 100 is it? Its even worse actually because it has a mental effect. Let someone else play until he is ready.

Also I'm not blaming everything on Leo/others who aren't doing this. There have been some games eg vs Granada which was Tata's fault for having shit tactics. I felt the players tried the level I expect them to in that specific game.

Irish_Cules

Well two of those Bernabeu goals were penalties.

And I don't feel you should use the simplistic excuses in saying our team has no defence and that he receives the less. Defending starts form the front, and our defence has to play deeper because the pressing is all wrong. And it is hard to pass the ball to someone who is not willing to move.

The 1st penalty was from a ridiculously good pass from Messi for Neymar. Lets not forget his assist for Iniesta as well...and he also worked hard in that game in terms of pressing.

I hear you about the pressing, I do wish Messi pressed like he did back in 09 but that probably isnt going to happen. Even by the time we won the Champions League in 2011 he was pressing far less than the rest of the players. Maybe Messi decided he didnt have to press as much as the others or maybe Pep/Tito did but it doesnt really matter. This one negative aspect to Leo's current style of play nowadays is still outweighed by all those things that make him the best player of all time. The question you have to ask yourself is whether Barcelona are a better team with or without Messi? Do you honestly think Barcelona will be better off without Messi while significantly strengthening a Champions League rival?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans