10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

Oh now I know why he isn't going GOAT he want Don to win the Ballon D'Or

Better him than ronaldo :lol:

But seriously I don't know why he refused to play his best, and I say refuse because he played much better against madrid a couple weeks ago and has showed THIS year that he is still the same player, I just hope its not permanent and he's back to normal by next season.

Mitchell1978

The 1st penalty was from a ridiculously good pass from Messi for Neymar. Lets not forget his assist for Iniesta as well...and he also worked hard in that game in terms of pressing.

I hear you about the pressing, I do wish Messi pressed like he did back in 09 but that probably isnt going to happen. Even by the time we won the Champions League in 2011 he was pressing far less than the rest of the players. Maybe Messi decided he didnt have to press as much as the others or maybe Pep/Tito did but it doesnt really matter. This one negative aspect to Leo's current style of play nowadays is still outweighed by all those things that make him the best player of all time. The question you have to ask yourself is whether Barcelona are a better team with or without Messi? Do you honestly think Barcelona will be better off without Messi while significantly strengthening a Champions League rival?

He was instruced or allowed to press less back then by Pep/Tito.

F

Flavia

What I'm basically saying is if a player can't give 100 then he shouldn't be on the pitch. Whether that be fitness or a mental issue it doesn't matter. You're saying it's a fitness problem, if it is then why not rest until ready? Then when you do play it's actually useful?, Makes sense right? Other people think it's him not caring. That seems strange but maybe he doesn't give a shit about Barca when theres a WC this summer. I don't know. If that is the problem then it ain't acceptable, he should not play either until he sorts his head out.

Messi isn't the problem. He is affected, as are many other players. Tata might have got the best from alexis, but lately he's getting the worse from everyone. And not even playing alexis, just cesc. Not to mention Tata turned Alves into a crossing machine.

The 1st penalty was from a ridiculously good pass from Messi for Neymar. Lets not forget his assist for Iniesta as well...and he also worked hard in that game in terms of pressing.

I hear you about the pressing, I do wish Messi pressed like he did back in 09 but that probably isnt going to happen. Even by the time we won the Champions League in 2011 he was pressing far less than the rest of the players. Maybe Messi decided he didnt have to press as much as the others or maybe Pep/Tito did but it doesnt really matter. This one negative aspect to Leo's current style of play nowadays is still outweighed by all those things that make him the best player of all time. The question you have to ask yourself is whether Barcelona are a better team with or without Messi? Do you honestly think Barcelona will be better off without Messi while significantly strengthening a Champions League rival?

Pep was the one who started instructioning on saving energy during games, to maxime impact and avoid injury. The greatest problem now is Tata and his tactics. Messi is not even the focal point of attack anymore.

Pepe Silvia

Messi's lack of effort is REALLY bothersome to me, but moreso is that incompetent board, who have gotten away with so much for years and throw everyone under the bus, taking responsibility for NOTHING (I don't blame so many of our staff/players for wanting out).

Many who are blaming Tata may not realize that he is nothing more than the latest fall guy for the board, something that became quite obvious after his tactics were denied by club and players. The board aren't as brilliant at throwing people under the bus as they believe. I'm not buying anything they are selling.

Still, Messi and countless other players have a responsibility to play with effort at least. Players are due streaky bad performances because they are human, but this whole making excuses for covering less ground than your goal keeper is also pretty ridiculous.

aki13

Do we actually have the official stat for kms covered that shows Messi ran less than Pinto?

To be honest with all the problems Barca have and if Messi should be benched in matches from now on in the view of some of the guys here, really what does it matter how far he ran.

Most who hold Messi soley to blame have already made there feelings clear so it doesn't matter if he runs 1km or 15 km, people will still find reasons to hate.

Fed up now, I mean if the team was awesome and he was just doing nothing then fine, but Messi along with everyone else is playing the worst I have ever seen.

Andrew M

It's just that people want to see him trying hard for the team. If he was just off form, people could forgive. But try your hardest always

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
I'm pretty sure there's no official stat for distance covered. They only do that for CL matches, I think.

aki13

Who started that rumour then?

someone who wants to make sure anyone who doubts Messi, really begins to hate him.

Don't get me wrong I am sad about Barca and Leo, but it doesn't help to want to sack him after 3 games where something is clearly wrong with all the players.

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
Anti-Messi propaganda continues by Sport.

Sport: Contract negotiations with Messi started, but the first offer from management (euro 40M over 5 years) is far from what Messi wants"

EDIT: MD & MARCA both said negotiations are going well. But Sport said Club give its final offer to Messi because Messi denied the first offer and they write : "Messi has better offers from other clubs but he should be proud to choose BARCA." Sport continues : "Messi's father wants double of the amount proposed by the club."

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
How do you base your "anti-Messi campaign" theory by reading one article? Sport publishes few each hour. Do the maths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans