Status
Not open for further replies.
I

instinct

1511358_833058890056128_6091593509383745594_n.jpg

:facepalm:

CatalinR10

It's so anoying when people post articles or pictures that are in Spanish :lol:

Not everyone around here knows spanish , you know ?

I

instinct

It's so anoying when people post articles or pictures that are in Spanish :lol:

Not everyone around here knows spanish , you know ?

Ahhh, sorry forgot that. Wasn't my intention. Catched this image on Viva Barca -> it says: [Esport3] Barça want to sell Leo Messi

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
LOL. ''Horrible injury''? It's a hamstring. Several of those top players deal with that same injury. He's been fit for weeks now. It doesn't affect a player to be honest especially one as good as Leo. Most players, they give 100% anyway and trust that they will be fit.

Why should Messi get a free pass to not give a fuck? As long as you are selected for the first team you give 100%, or be benched. That's how it should be. I don't care if he is better than the alternatives even if he isn't trying. It's the principle that counts. Letting a player get away with that infects the whole squad.

You can't just write off those injuries like that. He had 4 friggin' injuries last year, one after another. Wouldn't you be a little scared if you were in his shoes? Wouldn't you want to be extra cautious? I'd argue that any other player who has had his experience last year would be doing the same. Plus, those injuries might have impacted his psyche a little bit, he is no longer that daring, at least not before the WC.

Other than that, he is not "saving for the WC".

But I agree with you generally, other than being cautious, you should give what you've got as much as possible.

I

instinct

Barça's offer to Messi is 5 years/200M. Messi's father wants 4 years/400M. Club wants 20% of his image rights

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If Messi/The fitness team were clever it wouldn't have recurred. He kept being rushed back. Fabregas had hamstring problems for years now he has none because the club and player manages his fitness and injuries properly. Messi has the power to say he ''I'm not ready yet'', so if he plays and gets the injury again its his fault (Also management). So yes I think its his own fault he had a bad year.

His own fault? When he was not fit last year, he played the second leg vs PSG and the first leg vs. Bayern, for the team. When someone was not playing and being cautious when the team needed him, you call him a selfish coward; when he did, you call him not being careful enough and it is his own fault that he played. You can't have it both ways. Messi played last year when he shouldn't have played because we needed him. He didn't just play to rack up his goal tallies and for personal glory.

Also you're saying that now the team has a few issues he's allowed to just give up? That doesn't sound like Leo. He is a mentally strong player, who uses his talent to lift the team when its not good (he has done this before many times), so I don't think that is the reason. He obviously has other reasons. Either he doesn't give a fuck about Barca (he should be benched if that's the reason) or some other reason we don't know about.

After almost 4 consecutive injuries, anyone, mentally strong or not, would be affected.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Fair enough he is cautious. He can't play like that forever though, he has been fit for a few weeks now. Also you don't understand me. I have no problem with him skipping a game to regain full fitness, if it means he will be full throttle when he does return to the pitch. Rather that than come early and then play at 70%. Maybe last year it was not him, but others that forced him to play. He could have used his brain though and said ''I could aggravate it, wait another game''.

To be honest we don't know the reason. IF he doesn't give a shit or it's to do with WC or his contract then bench him. It could be another reason outside of him that makes him look bad though, in which case I obviously don't criticise Leo.

Maria

Better him than ronaldo :lol:

But seriously I don't know why he refused to play his best, and I say refuse because he played much better against madrid a couple weeks ago and has showed THIS year that he is still the same player, I just hope its not permanent and he's back to normal by next season.

Apart from the fact that Messi was really poor, I hope that you do realize that Ancelotti actually changed his tactics for this game.

Anti-Messi propaganda continues by Sport.
Sport: Contract negotiations with Messi started, but the first offer from management (euro 40M over 5 years) is far from what Messi wants"

EDIT: MD & MARCA both said negotiations are going well. But Sport said Club give its final offer to Messi because Messi denied the first offer and they write : "Messi has better offers from other clubs but he should be proud to choose BARCA." Sport continues : "Messi's father wants double of the amount proposed by the club."

Sport also has an article on how Pep wants to "steal" Laporte from Barca..honestly I don't know how poor Zubi can even do his job when everybody is against him.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans