10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crixus

20140419-1397842523533.jpg

http://www.sport.es/es/opinion/humor/20140419/futbolitis/59635.shtml

CatalinR10

There's already a deal on duration of Messi's new contract, which will be until 2019. Still discussing balance fixed salary/bonuses. [sport]

raskolnikov

Why does he need to have a payraise every 6 months? I hope Messi stays with Barcelona till he retires but its pointless to raise his salary every year out of a prestige pov, no?

It changes nothing, if he decides to leave he would still be gone for the same price, so he gets a payraise at his most undeserving moment. Certainly wont help bring the hunger back.

F

Flavia

Why does he need to have a payraise every 6 months? I hope Messi stays with Barcelona till he retires but its pointless to raise his salary every year out of a prestige pov, no?

It changes nothing, if he decides to leave he would still be gone for the same price, so he gets a payraise at his most undeserving moment. Certainly wont help bring the hunger back.

The question to be asked is "why Neymar is the best payed now?".

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You know.... Sometimes I wonder whether the 40m which supposedly went to Neymar's father really went to him? Im sure he got money, but did he really get all of the 40m or was it just a way for certain people to embezzle money in an easier way? Was the 40m shared between Neymar Sr. and the top brass in FC Barcelona? Or was it as simple as it is that all of it went to Mr. Neymar Sr.

We'll perhaps never know......

Barcilliant

Because the board are corrupt beyond belief. Messi has played a huge part in Barca's success but because the board can only think of marketing and $$$$ they paid an outrageous sum for an untested player in Neymar. I am sure Neymar gate pissed Messi off big time plus the fact that they are dragging their feet on a new contract. To pay a player's parents 40 million was a huge insult to someone who has given as much as Messi.

BXI Fútbol

You know.... Sometimes I wonder whether the 40m which supposedly went to Neymar's father really went to him? Im sure he got money, but did he really get all of the 40m or was it just a way for certain people to embezzle money in an easier way? Was the 40m shared between Neymar Sr. and the top brass in FC Barcelona? Or was it as simple as it is that all of it went to Mr. Neymar Sr.

We'll perhaps never know......

That is certainly the most reasonable and realistic possibility; let's not kid ourselves, modern football as a whole is one huge business - dominated by corporate/private interests with (like everything else in our world) money/profit being the most important factor in every aspect of the game. Barcelona just as much as any other club (obviously there is a spectrum but it all falls within the business logic) is run like a business, with profits and growth first, fans a very distant second.

In any case, this whole controversy with Messi will blow over by the time next season rolls around. He won't be sold, I am sure of that; but yes the board is beyond corrupt and needs to go. But then, even if a new board comes in with the best of intentions, they'll sooner or later fall into the same corruption - that is just the reality of the game today.

Jadentheman

Can Messi and Neymar fit in the same team? That is the question. They seem to want to take up the same areas of the pitch.

You have been instigating and blasting Neymar every chance you get.

Of course they play together and no they don't take each others space.

Messi is still #1 paid, Iniesta behind him. Neymar is 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans