10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

Not if you count the 40M fee that was paid to his father/family/himself as part of the transfer fee. That puts him at 15M a year, which is downright shocking.

Exactly. I'm so annoyed when people say "no no they still earn more." :lol: it makes no sense.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I really don't understand you guys problem with Neymar... He had a solid first season despite everything that went on and even if nothing off the pitch happened it's hard to adapt to a new league (look at Modric). He scored plenty of goals and brought something new to the forward line, tried very hard every week and it's obvious this guy has shitloads of potential.

klc123

Not if you count the 40M fee that was paid to his father/family/himself as part of the transfer fee. That puts him at 15M a year, which is downright shocking.

That's assuming it was actually paid to him, and not fabricated into rosell's bank account like some people have already suggested.

I pray that isn't the case, but looking at this board and the manor in which rosell left, I have to say it's likely.

JamDav1982

Do Messi and Iniesta not get signing bonuses or loyalty bonuses every time they sign a new contract?

If the 20m to Neymars father is included in his wages does that not mean extra costs to Iniesta/Messi etc need to be included when comparing.

Also if Neymar plays for 10 years at Barca does that 20m not need to be averaged off across the length of time he is at the club?

It all seems a bit of a grey area.

Galning

That's assuming it was actually paid to him, and not fabricated into rosell's bank account like some people have already suggested.

Please explain how this would work?

Rosell: "Hey Neymar we're going to add in a 40M bonus, but when all is said and done I'm going to pay it to myself"

F

Flavia

Do Messi and Iniesta not get signing bonuses or loyalty bonuses every time they sign a new contract?

If the 20m to Neymars father is included in his wages does that not mean extra costs to Iniesta/Messi etc need to be included when comparing.

Also if Neymar plays for 10 years at Barca does that 20m not need to be averaged off across the length of time he is at the club?

It all seems a bit of a grey area.
40m, not 20m. And no, the 40m is not included in the wages. Neither Messi, nor Iniesta got these kind of bonus.

JamDav1982

40m, not 20m. And no, the 40m is not included in the wages. Neither Messi, nor Iniesta got these kind of bonus.

I thought that almost all clubs gave players 'loyalty bonuses' when they signed new contracts.

Maybe Barca are an exception that dont.

iceon

Jesus Christ. It's a signing-on fee. It's not part of his salary. Messi and Iniesta are still the ones best paid at the club in terms of salary. It's not hard to understand it is it.

F

Flavia

Jesus Christ. It's a signing-on fee. It's not part of his salary. Messi and Iniesta are still the ones best paid at the club in terms of salary. It's not hard to understand it is it.

This is just semantics. Salaray, fee... it's all money. Point is Neymar got an extra 40m, besides a very fat paycheck. If no players got bothered with this, they're not humans. Anyone would. And I know there were other team wanting to pay him more, etc. Again, I'm not blaming Neymar. But this amount is what made Jordi Cases start suing the club, and it bothered a lot of people.

I thought that almost all clubs gave players 'loyalty bonuses' when they signed new contracts.

Maybe Barca are an exception that dont.

It's not bonuses of 10m, let alone 40m. I know in your eyes this board do no wrong. You even reduced Neymar's 40m in half :rolleyes:
Hope you're happy with the way the team and club is, your beloved board is at fault.

iceon

Flavia, it's part of a transfer fee paid by Barcelona. Would the players really care if they paid £80m or £40m for him? What difference does it make to the players? It's not their job to negotiate transfers. Messi is still the best paid in the team. Are we going to start suggesting that the players aren't happy Neymar earned a significant amount at Santos as well? Players shouldn't bother with things that are out of their control.

F

Flavia

Flavia, it's part of a transfer fee paid by Barcelona. Would the players really care if they paid £80m or £40m for him? What difference does it make to the players? It's not their job to negotiate transfers. Messi is still the best paid in the team. Are we going to start suggesting that the players aren't happy Neymar earned a significant amount at Santos as well? Players shouldn't bother with things that are out of their control.

Of course everyone cares. Those 40m are a big part of the reason why rosell resign. The fee to Santos was 17m. Those 40m went straight to Neymar. Obviously any player, who have won it all with Barça, would not feel too happy about it. But they don't blame Neymar, that's clear to see.

Galning

It's not part of the transfer fee if it goes towards the player and not the selling club.

klc123

Please explain how this would work?

Rosell: "Hey Neymar we're going to add in a 40M bonus, but when all is said and done I'm going to pay it to myself"

Obviously it's speculative, and we would have no idea how he actually done it or he would be lynched. But it could work in a way where he has Neymar sr. agree to invest that 40m into a venture that has a mutal interest for the board or rosell...

JamDav1982

This is just semantics. Salaray, fee... it's all money. Point is Neymar got an extra 40m, besides a very fat paycheck. If no players got bothered with this, they're not humans. Anyone would. And I know there were other team wanting to pay him more, etc. Again, I'm not blaming Neymar. But this amount is what made Jordi Cases start suing the club, and it bothered a lot of people.

It's not bonuses of 10m, let alone 40m. I know in your eyes this board do no wrong. You even reduced Neymar's 40m in half :rolleyes:
Hope you're happy with the way the team and club is, your beloved board is at fault.

Where have I ever said I love this board or they do no wrong?

As if I was trying to be sly and reduced Neymars 40m fee in half deliberately.

The board are one of a number of reasons the team has declined not the entire reason as some would like to think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans