10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarcaGirl

Official: 18 players called up for the league game against Elche, Valdes is back, Messi not included #fcblive

:(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not worrying at all. They are easing him in which is the way to go. The reason he was in such a situation in first place was him being played way too early or too much than he should have been initially after his comeback(s)

Last edited:

Catorce

Cruijff's Heir
That's worrying. It's only a week until our hardest game so far this season.

Tbh, I don't think a minute or 20 against Elche will make that much of a difference. I'd rather rest him some more after all that has happened last year.

Eetu

Adormit
He scored 3 goals and gave an assist in the training match. Why doesn't Tata play him 10-15 minutes ?

He looked physically sharp, but really cautious even with players he knows wouldn't at this point dare to go any kind of hard into a challenge. Better to get him into rhythm a bit first.

CatalinR10

He looked physically sharp, but really cautious even with players he knows wouldn't at this point dare to go any kind of hard into a challenge. Better to get him into rhythm a bit first.

He looked perfectly fine to me in the training game he played. And don't you usually get into rhytm by playing bit by bit ? Don't know if it's such a good ideea to not play him a couple of minutes before the Atletico game.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He looked perfectly fine to me in the training game he played. And don't you usually get into rhytm by playing bit by bit ? Don't know if it's such a good ideea to not play him a couple of minutes before the Atletico game.

There is a copa game coming up as well. Will get minutes there.

Gohan

Super Saiyan

I think Tata sees a bit more than we do. We see a part of the training video where Messi scores and assists. Tata sees it all. I think he can make a more rational decision than we can.

Eetu

Adormit

To me looked to shy away from situations with speed and opposite players going in on quite a few occasions. Even if it's just Elche, you don't throw him in before he feels comfortable with people around him. I don't really expect him to be a starter against Athletico either.

Irish_Cules

People shouldn't be questioning this decision at all. Its hugely important that he is brought back properly and doesn't get injured again. We all want to see Messi asap but we have to be patient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans