10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

DinhoR10

I'd rather him be in the squad and play for 10 mins or something like that, this lessens the chances of him playing against atletico and I'd rather him be there for that.

Irish_Cules

I'd rather him be in the squad and play for 10 mins or something like that, this lessens the chances of him playing against atletico and I'd rather him be there for that.

Would you rather him fully recover from his injury and get back to his best or have another relapse?

Paganinisrvnge

Would you rather him fully recover from his injury and get back to his best or have another relapse?

I think he's been fully recovered for a few weeks now it's just a matter of Barcelona having taken the decision to give him some time off to rest and spend time in Argentina so that he could come back fresh in 2014.

DinhoR10

I thought he fully recovered a while back and was in argentina having a pre season? I don't want him to come back injured but he has recovered already apparently he just need to get back into the groove now.

Irish_Cules

The injury is technically recovered but he needs to be brought back slowly. He has come back before supposedly fully recovered and scored goals, only to get injured again within a couple of weeks. He only flew back from Argentina the other day and has trained once or twice with his team mates. We can't be taking any chances.

DinhoR10

The injury is technically recovered but he needs to be brought back slowly. He has come back before supposedly fully recovered and scored goals, only to get injured again within a couple of weeks. He only flew back from Argentina the other day and has trained once or twice with his team mates. We can't be taking any chances.

Thats why I suggested 10 mins or something as insignificant as that just so he can begin to remember the feeling of having actual opposition players against him.

Irish_Cules

Thats why I suggested 10 mins or something as insignificant as that just so he can begin to remember the feeling of having actual opposition players against him.

If the medical staff thought that was the best option he'd be in the squad. Tata is as eager as anyone to get him back to his sharpest.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

If he isn't fully recovered by now, then he never will be. 2 months is far longer than what he needed to heal, he stayed back and trained so much that I'd bet he's fitter than anyone else in the squad right now. A relapse is just as likely right now as it will be 3-4 games from now, resting him would do nothing to help him recover any further than what he already has.

The point of not including him in the Elche game is because I don't think the medical staff has had a long enough look at him for them to give him the green light. Also, he flew in only a few days ago and had maybe 1-2 training sessions max, not long enough to be re-integrated into the team fully. He could have been included in the squad with ease, but over-precaution and patience are the reasons he stayed back.

DinhoR10

If the medical staff thought that was the best option he'd be in the squad. Tata is as eager as anyone to get him back to his sharpest.

If its a choice between the league this year and messi at his best for 3 more years i'd choose messi at his best. I'm just saying the atletico game is beyond important and having him there would be nice.

PhilS

Tata can only choose from the players who have medical clearance. Messi has not been cleared yet. Thank goodness Barca medical protects Messi from Messi, his coaches, his management and his fans who want him to play when he should not.

gun-powder

You're underestimating Atletico. They're better than Real Madrid right now and we're playing them away from home. Their defence is incredibly solid and it's going to be very hard to grab all three points. We will need to be lucky like last year.

believe me without messi still they can get the three point but my concern it is the our defense if they play very well i don't have any doubt that barca will win

Darko

The good thing is that they will probably park the bus and we have looked better against defensive sides this season then against the ones that press and attack(Ajax and Athletic). And hopefully we will be able to create clear cut chances and not just pass the ball around with no penetration like a few games this season(Asspanyol and Villareal come to mind).

The Observer

I have no problem with Messi coming on as a super sub against Atletico if needed. Funnily enough the last 2 times we faced Atletico in the Calderon, we played better once Messi came off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans