10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

aki13

One of Messi's biggest fans, Gary Lineker, is worried about Messi's condition:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ys-Gary-Lineker-ahead-of-World-Cup-final.html

Nah, he's also a hater.

He says Messi doesn't move and is static and that he is dissapointed in him. Therefore, he is a hater.

#barcaforum logic.

Yep. Lineker is one of his biggest fans, and as an ex top level player I will take his views and opinions over those on here who say he is no different to before.

King Leo

Banned
x53zlw.jpg

Messi is always compared to his compatriot Maradona. Sadly, Maradona has touched Messi's fate in a negative way. In 2010 Messi was unstoppable. Killer speed, deadly accuracy and hunger for winning. He was also surrounded by great Argentina players however Maradona had to mess up Messi's dream when he became his coach.

Four years later, Argentina has done a great job lead by Messi to reach the final in 24 years. With less assistance from the team, Messi somehow reached the final. At 27, this is perhaps his last chance. He's playing strong Germany and his path crosses Maradona's all over again. The best player of all time, will be compared to Maradona whether he wins or loses. Hell Maradona even checked himself to the same hotel where Messi is staying!!!

I don't expect Messi to lift the cup on Sunday and I'm afraid this legend might face his darkest days ahead. His shape is in question, due to some unknown reasons. The club he plays for is not what it used to be and surely getting worse every day (IMO). Messi still young but not getting younger. I wouldn't be surprised at all if Messi returned to Argentina sooner than many expect,

Maradona is Messi's curse!!!

Last edited:

Jadentheman

True, everyone expects Germany to win but Argentina will surprise everyone.

Germany hasn't really been tested by a talented side yet. Only teams to truly give them trouble were the African ones. France was a young, inexperienced team. There was no urgency for them to even win. Brasil was a mess. Mineiraco was a fluke

However Argentina has the checkpoints necessary to expose this team.

Kerrybai

Nah, he's also a hater.

He says Messi doesn't move and is static and that he is dissapointed in him. Therefore, he is a hater.

#barcaforum logic.

Nah mate their is a difference between pointing out his lack of movement and calling him lazy. He was obviously not saving himself for the World Cup or not trying, clearly he wants to win this tournament but he's suffering serious fatigue issues. His fitness appears to have left him... it really sucks as we all wanted to see him at his best in Brazil but shits happens when you suffer injuries and play football at the highest level from a very young age.

Mitchell1978

Nah mate their is a difference between pointing out his lack of movement and calling him lazy. He was obviously not saving himself for the World Cup or not trying, clearly he wants to win this tournament but he's suffering serious fatigue issues. His fitness appears to have left him... it really sucks as we all wanted to see him at his best in Brazil but shits happens when you suffer injuries and play football at the highest level from a very young age.

Very well put. And i still believe he can improve his fitness to what it was if he's willing to do to work required for it, hopefully Enrique can have a postive effect in that regard.

This is true and if you are being honest to yourself you know that this has been the case for alot of the past season, strange thing is in some matches his fitness dont seem to be a problem. It cant be a lack of stamina really with the amount of matches he has played the past year, burned out? possible but he was injured and almost had a 2 month lay.off so its really strange. You see poeple run the double amount as he is but is not as nearly affected by the heat and humidity. I dont know what it is but its most definatley something.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
This is true and if you are being honest to yourself you know that this has been the case for alot of the past season, strange thing is in some matches his fitness dont seem to be a problem. It cant be a lack of stamina really with the amount of matches he has played the past year, burned out? possible but he was injured and almost had a 2 month lay.off so its really strange. You see poeple run the double amount as he is but is not as nearly affected by the heat and humidity. I dont know what it is but its most definatley something.

You could add to this the fact that playing for nearly 90 minutes in most matches (except against Nigeria) every 3-4 days in the afternoon, in Brazil's grueling heat and humidity (which Messi is not accustomed to) would also take a toll on him. With regards to fatigue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans