10 - Lionel Messi - v3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galning

You guys are looking into this way too much. They just don't want to risk their best player to get injured (again) after he's been out for basically the last 8-9 months if you count the summer break. I personally think it's great that they let him train with the squad a couple of times before they let him play a game. Muscle injuries can only heal over time and the longer he waits, the better it will have healed.

Gilberto

I have to agree with Galning here. I know it's helpful to have the best player in the world in your squad when you're playing against Atletico but Messi's not going to be on top form anyways (since he's been out for that long) and we can play well without him. When Messi doesn't play there's room for Cesc and all in all I don't even think we're that much worse without Messi, in his current form/condition. On top of that we'll need Messi during the rest of the season too and therefore he shouldn't be playing too early.

coura

Banned
You guys are looking into this way too much. They just don't want to risk their best player to get injured (again) after he's been out for basically the last 8-9 months if you count the summer break. I personally think it's great that they let him train with the squad a couple of times before they let him play a game. Muscle injuries can only heal over time and the longer he waits, the better it will have healed.

2 months is time enough. Muscle injuries can happen anytime.

CatalinR10

But the muscle completelly healed almost 3 weeks ago. I just think that he should have played 10-15 minutes this game , 20 -30 minutes the next one , in order to be match fit for Atletico.

Cule4life

The Culest
If the medical staff doesnt think he's ready so be it. Im fed up with his recurring injuries and want to see him go back to the indestructible tank he was before.

CatalinR10

If the medical staff doesnt think he's ready so be it. Im fed up with his recurring injuries and want to see him go back to the indestructible tank he was before.

Same medical staff that is responsible for him being injured this long in the first place ?

Cule4life

The Culest
Same medical staff that is responsible for him being injured this long in the first place ?

You never know. Maybe they were being overruled by Tito who had no tactics other than to pass to Messi. And they most definitely did not haul out a one legged Messi against PSG. Even if they made mistakes give them a chance to rectify it now.

NotInHere

Well no Messi until February. Oh well. We should win without him, and you guys are right, no need for him right now. Its just been sooo long.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Messi has been training at the sports centre today. He's expected to play the cup game against Getafe on Wednesday. #fcblive [sport]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans